Aegon TWOW

LordImp

35 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Also JonCon was concerned about who Aegon picks as his kingsguard. That will play a role in battle.

Yeah, forgot about that detail, but I can see how it will play an important part. EDIT: I understand wanting friends on Kingsguard to prevent said guard from playing kingmaker, but it will impact its ability as a fighting force.

Sorry in advance ... I always find these by accident while looking for something else.

I just found the line in ADWD that foreshadows Aegon's fate.

I will put spoiler tags for those who actually want to read it.

Spoiler

I was thinking about Aegon's heirs if he would to die in battle.
He doesn't have any since he choose to not meet Daenerys before the invasion.
Then I started thinking, is Aegon a virgin? I don't remember reading anything in regards to that.
And then it hit me ... "Shy Maid" ... is this GRRM foreshadowing Aegon in battle?
Where Aegon is over-confident in battle, but when the moment of truth comes and a monster like the Others or Ser Robert Strong confronts him, he shies away? Does he piss himself and die a virgin? Is the Pisswater Prince going to have his head smashed?

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over the board. Cyvasse pieces flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the deck of the Shy Maid. "Pick those up," the boy commanded.
He may well be a Targaryen after all. "If it please Your Grace." Tyrion got down on his hands and knees and began to crawl about the deck, gathering up pieces. 
{Tyrion VI ADWD}

Replace "Cyvasse" with "Head"

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over [---]. [Head] pieces flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the [body] of the shy maid.

Will it be the Others or Robert Strong squeezing Aegon's head?

Now replace "Cyvasse" with "Aegon's Rubies"

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over [---]. [Aegon's rubies] flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the [body] of the shy maid. "[---]
He may well be a Targaryen after all. [---] Tyrion got down on his hands and knees and began to crawl [about the Trident] gathering up pieces.

He may well be like Rhaegar Targaryen, his alleged father ... dying at the Trident to Robert with rubies flying out and people scrambling to pick them up.

Or will it be skull pieces flying out of the Shied-Away Pisswater Prince Maid?

Sorry Aegon fans. The over-confident Aegon is going to die pissing his pants. You can take comfort that it may happen when he confronts the magical beings of the Others ... but I believe it will be earlier when he confronts the magical being of Zombie Mountain. 

Feel free to discuss this under spoiler tags!

On 5/22/2019 at 8:36 AM, divica said:

For me euron will take over aegon's body.

I just shuddered.

What an awful way to go?

I'm starting to think that's what really happened to Victarion's wife. Yikes. If he really is a skinchanger on top of everything else (i.e. the Valyrian steel armor, the blood magic, his political power, his fighting prowess), defeating him is going to be nightmare.

22 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

Also JonCon was concerned about who Aegon picks as his kingsguard. That will play a role in battle.

Yes, it will be interesting to see who Aegon picks and why.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:20 AM, The Map Guy said:

Sorry in advance ... I always find these by accident while looking for something else.

I just found the line in ADWD that foreshadows Aegon's fate.

I will put spoiler tags for those who actually want to read it.

Hide contents

I was thinking about Aegon's heirs if he would to die in battle.
He doesn't have any since he choose to not meet Daenerys before the invasion.
Then I started thinking, is Aegon a virgin? I don't remember reading anything in regards to that.
And then it hit me ... "Shy Maid" ... is this GRRM foreshadowing Aegon in battle?
Where Aegon is over-confident in battle, but when the moment of truth comes and a monster like the Others or Ser Robert Strong confronts him, he shies away? Does he piss himself and die a virgin? Is the Pisswater Prince going to have his head smashed?

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over the board. Cyvasse pieces flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the deck of the Shy Maid. "Pick those up," the boy commanded.
He may well be a Targaryen after all. "If it please Your Grace." Tyrion got down on his hands and knees and began to crawl about the deck, gathering up pieces. 
{Tyrion VI ADWD}

Replace "Cyvasse" with "Head"

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over [---]. [Head] pieces flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the [body] of the shy maid.

Will it be the Others or Robert Strong squeezing Aegon's head?

Now replace "Cyvasse" with "Aegon's Rubies"

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over [---]. [Aegon's rubies] flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the [body] of the shy maid. "[---]
He may well be a Targaryen after all. [---] Tyrion got down on his hands and knees and began to crawl [about the Trident] gathering up pieces.

He may well be like Rhaegar Targaryen, his alleged father ... dying at the Trident to Robert with rubies flying out and people scrambling to pick them up.

Or will it be skull pieces flying out of the Shied-Away Pisswater Prince Maid?

Sorry Aegon fans. The over-confident Aegon is going to die pissing his pants. You can take comfort that it may happen when he confronts the magical beings of the Others ... but I believe it will be earlier when he confronts the magical being of Zombie Mountain. 

Feel free to discuss this under spoiler tags!

Spoiler

I will definitely be sad when it happens, but at this point I do not see it not happening. There is simply too much pointing to that outcome. Question is, if that is true, then what about Daenerys as "slayer of lies"?

I'm partial to the theory Aegon is a Blackfyre. This means he's got a chance at controlling a dragon but is not actually a Targaryen. If that's true, the moment it becomes common knowledge Dany will have the justification she needs to call him an usurper.

Same here. "Red or black, a dragon is still a dragon". There is also a lot of foreshadowing of that, such as that rusted dragon.

Question is, how will it become common knowledge? And I'm frankly not sure Daenerys will care either way, to her anybody on throne not her will likely be a usurper.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, Aldarion said:

Question is, if that is true, then what about Daenerys as "slayer of lies"?

Eh, there are two more books, plenty of lies left to slay.

ADWD text - potential spoilers for foreshadowing Aegon's fate:

Spoiler

I found other "pissing himself" foreshadowing stuff in ADWD, some in other chapters. I'm just going to stop and let poor Aegon be. 

I think the entire Dornish plot, all the foreshadowing of Dragons Dancing point to one scenario:

Arianne marries Aegon, Dornish and Tarleys (and many others) back Aegon,

Sand Snakes kill Tommen and Myrcella. Aegon Becomes King. (Sersei escapes or dies in Kingslanding=Killed by Jaime before she blows up the city - but all the wildfire amassed by her in the Red Keep will come into play later (when Danny comes).

He might even get a dragon, maybe Tyrion and co bring a wounded dragon to Westeros or maybe  Illirio offers the Tattered Prince Pentos and all his riches in exchange for a captured dragon).

So when everything seems fine and well Danny arrives and a new Dance of Dragons begins, water gardens burn, and eventually Kingslanding is destroyed in explosion, Aegon might either die  here

or temporarily make peace with danny and fight with her against Euron or Whitewalkers, anyway he dies.

His dragons either dies with him and is turned as in the tv show or

Dragon survives his master and simply gets a new rider - maybe Jon.

Archived