[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

Yeah. And I actually think they gave the most men? Hornwood send 200 I believe. 

I can't believe DnD had the audacity to name a northern house after one of their friends.

I don't care who does it, it could be anyone, including Ramsay.  But I hope someone goes Old Testament on House Mazin:  Put every man, woman, child, and beast (well, except for dogs) to the sword, raze the castle to the ground, burn every single village to the ground, and salt the Earth so that human life could never again thrive at that location.  And lastly wipe the name Mazin from Westerosi history.  I would even help write a "Reigns of Castamere" type song for it. 

Seriously though, I could see if this was DnD;s own original creation, then it would be ok to include people you know in real life into the story, but this is supposed to be an adaptation of somebody else's work. 

I really think it is weird the Cerwyns are not joining them because Ramsay flayed the current Lord's family last season - should he not want REVENGE?

3 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

I can't believe DnD had the audacity to name a northern house after one of their friends.

I don't care who does it, it could be anyone, including Ramsay.  But I hope someone goes Old Testament on House Mazin:  Put every man, woman, child, and beast (well, except for dogs) to the sword, raze the castle to the ground, burn every single village to the ground, and salt the Earth so that human life could never again thrive at that location.  And lastly wipe the name Mazin from Westerosi history.  I would even help write a "Reigns of Castamere" type song for it. 

Seriously though, I could see if this was DnD;s own original creation, then it would be ok to include people you know in real life into the story, but this is supposed to be an adaptation of somebody else's work. 

"Ray" is probably the name of one of their friends also.

Haha if Theon being tortured for years starting season 3 then at the minimum Gilly's child born in season 3 should be 2.

Also hilariously enough Cersei through cousins back in bloodline is probably the heir in book but Jamie is in show.

Since one of Tommens baratheon great grandparents is a Laminated Or something.

In this case though Margarey would be in power right or does when a king die the queen gets absolutely nothing?

20 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

The episode writers forgot about the Cerwyns.

But ... they would have been able to say the Cerwyns would want to take REVENGE (Wait, a lot of Northern houses could actually say they want to take REVENGE against the Boltons?)

27 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I really think it is weird the Cerwyns are not joining them because Ramsay flayed the current Lord's family last season - should he not want REVENGE?

Apparently Jon said they "don't have time" to even bother talking to the Cerwyns because reasons.

4 minutes ago, Chett said:

Apparently Jon said they "don't have time" to even bother talking to the Cerwyns because reasons.

Really?  No time to rally the House that Ramsay just flayed the lord and his wife?  The show is a never ending cascade of badness.

2 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

What has Jon actually done in this entire TV series to even look like a leader? Bascially he goes around with a mopey expression on his face whining at people, then stalks off dejected when they turn him down.

Why was he even resurrected, cause he is useless. Just about the least inspiring leader I have ever seen. I would not follow him into battle, and I am a massive Jon Snow fan. In the books, of course. In the Show he is a waste of space.

Agreed

17 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Exactly. I would have rather had Jon say to hell with y'all then. When I reclaim Winterfell the Starks will not forget that you turned your back on us and walked out. Hell anything besides standing there quiet as fuck with no passion. Why would anyone rally to your cause.  This is WAR you're proposing...

Seems like more and more the killing of the direwolves is also killing all that the Starks stand for and embody and leaving them just empty shells of who they truly are. Only way to explain heartless Bran, emo Jon, conniving Sansa, forgetful arya, and doomed Rickon. 

Everyone and there momma should want vengeance against the Boltons for their part in the red wedding. Instead we get questions of loyalty and house Stark being lambasted. Of course DanDy have been working to make house Stark look bad for a long time. Think back o how incompetent Rodrick looks in being defeated by Theon's way smaller Ironborn force and then Ramsey is the one who retakes Winterfell without having to betray the North. 

Then Robb Marries some commoner breaking an important marriage pact and Sansa willingly marries a Bolton, the very family that betrayed the entire North.

So yeah every one has reasons to be all forgetful of the Starks because DanDy have laid the groundwork for why they should not be trusted.

on another not...If Frey is such a rich house why are their members dressing like peasants? I am sure they can afford armor if the poor ass Ironborn can.

22 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Really?  No time to rally the House that Ramsay just flayed the lord and his wife?  The show is a never ending cascade of badness.

Oh shit, you're right, it was house Cerwyn that Ramsay flayed. I forgot which tv house it was. Well damn, there wouldn't be much coaxing needed to get them on the Stark side and with house Cerwyn starting that ball rolling, other houses would have joined in as well. 

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Oh shit, you're right, it was house Cerwyn that Ramsay flayed. I forgot which tv house it was. Well damn, there wouldn't be much coaxing needed to get them on the Stark side and with house Cerwyn starting that ball rolling, other houses would have joined in as well. 

My guess is that some hitherto unknown Cerwyn bastard/long-lost cousin has taken over House Cerwyn. Although s/he is a little bit sad that s/he didn't get to participate in Westeros's newest fad of coup-by-kinslaying him/herself, upon reflection, s/he is quite grateful to Ramsay that he spared him/her the trouble.

Jon and Sansa are the worst wannabe leaders ever. Ramsy is a more inspirational leader then these two combined. Absolutely no passion.  I'm a huge Jon fan, bookwise anyways. Where is Ghost or is he a carpet next to Shaggydog. One more thing how is the news of the assasination of the Lord Commander and resurrection not a huge frigin deal with Westeros?  D&D could mess up a wet dream.

5 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

Also, does anyone know who (in show) is heir apparent to the Iron Throne?

No living Baratheon's as Tommen is technically a Baratheon

No living siblings

No child from Margery

So who gets the Iron Throne if Tommen were to say, jump out of a window, I know, I know that sounds silly, just using a ridiculous scenario as an absurdity.

But if Tommen dies, who gets the throne?  Lancel as a Lannister?-he has disowned his titles, right? Kevan-a Lannister and alive and directly related to the King, right?

Beyond that WHO?  Perhaps this sets up Kevan to off Tommen to take the throne.

I don't see any other possibilities.

Using show logic, the window is now king.  Or I guess it would the the bricks on the ground that killed him...

4 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

What has Jon actually done in this entire TV series to even look like a leader? Bascially he goes around with a mopey expression on his face whining at people, then stalks off dejected when they turn him down.

Why was he even resurrected, cause he is useless. Just about the least inspiring leader I have ever seen. I would not follow him into battle, and I am a massive Jon Snow fan. In the books, of course. In the Show he is a waste of space.

Show Jon's main worth is when he has a sword in his hands. They have built up Jon as an action figure, but failed to show his political skills and growth as a leader. He leads in battles, that is all. The show will give Jon his moment of worth during the Battle of the Bastards, when he is in his action sequence. That will be enough to convince the Northerners that he should be KitN. 

It is really unfortunate, book Jon is allot smarter than his show counterpart and would not have fell flat on his face, like he did in this episode. In the books he holds his ground when dealing with Stannis Baratheon, gradually starts giving 0 f*cks about what people think about him, and is Stannis's best adviser in taking back the North (tells him to win over the Hill Clans, the geographic weaknesses to look out for and what Houses to trust). Show Jon has none of this political cunning. They have done a real disservice to his character in this regard. 

What is most frustrating is that this season should have been Jon's biggest. He was resurrected, which has been completely glossed over (so much for kill the boy, let the man be born), will likely become KitN and his true parentage will be revealed. Since episode 3 (killing the mutineers) he has been really underwhelming. It seems like they are pinning everything on his performance in episode 9. 

Archived