[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

5 minutes ago, Ruhail said:
3 minutes ago, Lord Parker said:

I don't think the North remembers...

In the books the North has so much honor. In the show they don't have any respect for the Starks, and it kind of goes against everything the book North stands for.

Can someone give me a summary please?

There is nothing to remember, he says in a Jedi voice

I am upset with the Arya scene too. Arya wouldn't be that stupid to trust anyone and she would have Needle with her. God I hate the Waif- she needs to die and have her face destroyed. People in the Middle Ages had hearts! Then again I don't think Arya would trust anyone now. Man Maisie did an amazing job acting. Live on and get back home, Arya. 

And flippin Sansa is still lying and not telling about the Vale army. Please let Jon rip her a new one when he finds out. 

Well, not as much happened as I anticipated. Although I admit, I expected a wee bit more from Arya.

The Sansa and Jon travels were somewhat comical, especially at Mormount.
I guess the old Theon (minus his jewels) is back, whatever that means.
The Hound looks lighter and not as big.
The poor dude who was hanged seemed like a nice guy, wanting to do good deeds. (Only the good die young, isn't that what they say? )

This was the worst episode of season 6 if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Why is everyone in Braavos an arsehole? A little girl is walking around with fucking stab wounds in her stomach and nobody cares? 

Here's a new one for D&D Googling: did people have empathy in the middle ages?

To be fair, they could all be thinking "oh someone else will deal with it, what can I do?" I forget what it's called, it's actually pretty common.

2 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I am upset with the Arya scene too. Arya wouldn't be that stupid to trust anyone and she would have Needle with her. God I hate the Waif- she needs to die and have her face destroyed. People in the Middle Ages had hearts! Then again I don't think Arya would trust anyone now. Man Maisie did an amazing job acting. Live on and get back home, Arya. 

And flippin Sansa is still lying and not telling about the Vale army. Please let Jon rip her a new one when he finds out. 

Little girl tossing around bags of money in a City that gives no shits over children being beaten and stabbed oh well

4 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Not only did they not do a North Remembers style speech, they had the lords piss on the Starks all episode.  :rolleyes:  

Shit like this has to be intentional, they can't be that oblivious.  Going out of their way to troll book readers at this point.  

They're setting us up for LF to come to the rescue, you know the real hero of the North.  At this point it wouldn't surprise me if he gets to deliver the North Remembers speech.

I have to say that I am most annoyed by the similarities with the books in Jaime/Blackfish... Those things don't belong here... They just remind us what real dialogues sound like...

24 minutes ago, teemo said:

OMG I love Ian McShane....but I love him so much that I don't want to watch anything that might tarnish my image of him. Was he good at least?  What did he do?

Well -  to be honest - not much. He talks a bit about the Seven and other Gods, talks about how bad Sandor's injuries were and then he dies.

Summary:

The Hound is alive, chillin with Meribald/Elder Brother and a gaggle of followers. He is strong. Exposition about how he was found near death, but saved.

Margery is super devout. The High Sparrow wants her to convert the QoT. Marge says sure, and tells Olenna to leave town. Septa Unella is watching their convo, but Marge slips granny a sketch of a rose. SHOCK. Margery is a big fat faker.

The wildlings don't want to fight with Jon, but Wun Wun says "SNOW," so it's on. They've got his back.

Cersei visits the QoT. Olenna tells her that every problem in KL is entirely Cersei's fault, because she's an idiot. Carol agrees, but says that they need to stick together to beat the holy birds. QoT ain't having it, and points out that ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE IN THE WORLD hates her guts.

Jamie and Bronn lead the host to Riverrun. The Freys threaten to hang Edmure. Blackfish is like, whatevs. Jamie goes to talk to him, the conversation is very much like the book, ending in Jamie's humiliation.

Jon, Sansa, and Davos meet with Lady Lyanna of Mormont. She's 10 years old, but still a better leader and bigger badass than Carol will ever be. After stringing the trio along for a while, she promises her support for the battle...along with all of her men...all 62 of them.

Then they go to the Glovers looking for support. Lord Glover is like...no. I will not fight with wildlings. Sansa tries to bully him and fails miserably.

The Ironborn are somewhere that looks like Volantis, so OK. Theon is sad and Yara is now a lesbian. She wants to go get Daenarys. So, Theon + Yara = Victarion.

Davos points out that they might be screwed. Sansa sends a raven to...Littlefinger? We don't know.

Meribald/EB holds an Outlaws Anonymous meeting while the Hound watches. Three bad men ride up and act vaguely threatening. One is wearing a yellow cloak. Are they the BWB? They leave.

Arya drops a load of silver to buy a cabin on a boat to Westeros. While staring longingly at the Titan's ass, an old lady that everyone knows is the Waif walks up to her and stabs her in the gut three times. She drops into the river, climbs out, and wanders around looking scared. 

The Hound chops wood like the strong man that he is. He walks back to camp to find everyone slaughtered and Meribald/EB hanged. He looks very, very mad and picks up an ax.

And..........that's a wrap. Episode was 45-46 minutes long.

16 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

And seeing the preview for next week makes me want to gag - WHEN WILL JAIME and CERSEI ever FALL OUT with each other? When will this "I love Cersei and I will kill everyone who is against us...."blah ever stop?

Yeah im getting hella annoyed with that. This is the point where Jaime is thinking he never wants to see her again so...ugh.

Im pouring salt all over the fact they made Septon Meribald happen on the show ONLY TO KILL HIM OFF AT THE END OF THE EPISODE. oh fuck you. Just take one of my favorite minor characters and butcher him for more Sandor pain. :tantrum: 

Lord Glover, what have they done to you? Im so salty about that omg. Why are the Northern lords so out of character? I loved Lyanna, but come on, Bear Island has more than 62 guys. Wheres the She-Bear? Ogaghh are we not getting the Manderlys? 

Hey Olenna, could you not be so goddamn obvious? kthnx, signed Marg.

Archived