CLEGANEBOWL

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

The "Burn them all" flashbacks of Aerys and wildfire last episode would seem to hint at this. The only roadblock I can see to her doing that is Tommen. She'd have to completely give up on him and ever regaining power to initiate a wildfire plot.

I think she burns down the Sept and Tommen in grief kills himself. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

That would seem to be in direct contradiction to the valonqar prophecy.

Help me out. I must be misremembering something. If Tommen dies just not in the Sept fire we still can have the Valonquar prophecy. 

1 hour ago, Mark the Red said:

I think its fair to say that Sandor plays a pretty big role in the end game.   He had some pretty significant screen time this episode in a series FAST coming to a close.   I think its fair to say at a minimum that those 3 riders are going to get introduced very soon to the business end of that axe....

I totally agree, the Hound has HUGE end game status now. If I am not mistaken, he was basically DEAD for 2 days as Ian McShane's character said. McShane even said he thought he died several more times after he grabs him up. 

I think this is coming to the head way where we see Undead vs. Resurrected/Reborn. The Hound vs. the Mountain. Jon/Dany/Euron vs. Wights.

Another mention of the idea that "All Gods are the Same", the other time Davos mentions the same idea to Mel in Episode 1. Could this God actually be Bran/3ER?

11 minutes ago, tmug said:

I totally agree, the Hound has HUGE end game status now. If I am not mistaken, he was basically DEAD for 2 days as Ian McShane's character said. McShane even said he thought he died several more times after he grabs him up. 

I think this is coming to the head way where we see Undead vs. Resurrected/Reborn. The Hound vs. the Mountain. Jon/Dany/Euron vs. Wights.

Another mention of the idea that "All Gods are the Same", the other time Davos mentions the same idea to Mel in Episode 1. Could this God actually be Bran/3ER?

I think the Hound will wind up wielding Heartsbane in the battle vs the WW's...

I thought that the Hound was too sensible to mingle with the fanatics, but I'm reading his scenes in this episode like that:

1. Houndie born again, living in Arcadia.

2. McShane lectures him about enlightened, non-fanatic spirituality.

3. Sandor reacts like Sandor, but he looks much more peaceful and it looks like it's rubbing off him.

4. Violence-related AA, McShane goes on about how it's about PEACE.

5. McShane hangs.

6. Sandor grabs his axe, realizing that PEACE is overrated, and sometimes is better to enforce one's beliefs.

I don't know, it might somewhat tie with HS' 'ideology' about protecting the weak and sharing spirituality by militant religiosity. Though hopefully not, Arya is coming back to RL, maybe the Hound will reunite with her instead of going to that rotting place.

I don't think Cleganebowl is going to happen. Or at least, not this way (Cersei's trial), and not this season.

The reasons being:

1/ I just can't picture Cersei losing her trial. I am convinced she will win, but it will not weaken the Faith. And Tommen will be killed somehow in the process, or soon after. I think that by end of S6, she will be alone in KL, with no allies or family, and even more unpopular (due to the fact that the Mountain is now considered as abomination and a huge threat, and she is the one who had him brought back o "life").
And her story will just carry on in that direction, until her "ultimate act".

2/ I can't picture Sandor killing UnGregor in a regular fight honestly. He is weaker, and UnGregor is impossibly stronger. And it's quite obvious that Sandor has a big role in the end game. I don't know what it will be, but I think we will see him reconnect with people he interacted with.
Could be Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Bronn, or even Jaime. All are decent possibilities.
I like the idea of him encountering Nymeria and her superpack, as someone suggested. That would be cool! But I think it's unlikely.

There is defintely a parallel between the two brothers dying and being brought back to life, but that might be all there is to it.

I just hope that D&D are NOT going to have him killed by the end of this season for shock value. They are idiots sometimes, but that would be seriously lame if they did that -___-

If Cleganebowl happens this season, I'll be surprised. If anything, I think a revitalized Loras Tyrell is gonna face off against Cersei's champion and of course, lose his head. Poor Loras. Anyway, Cersei's due will come, but not because Sandor kills the Mountain this season.

To be honest, I just don't understand all the excitement for this. Yes, it would be a great fight. But the whole fight between Hound and the Mountain is meaningless unless the Hound actually gets satisfaction and revenge on his brother. Which is impossible right now, because the Mountain is dead; he is a reanimated corpse who cannot speak or probably think. If Gregor can't know he got killed by his brother at long last, if we can't triumphantly watch the look on his face as it happens, then what's the point?

I would really like this, but is there enough time? I mean, am I confused or didn't Jaime tell Cersei he didn't want to go to the Riverlands because he wanted to be with her for the trial?

So if Sandor is in the Riverlands and he's starting his revenge on the BWB (or whoever those guys were) would there be enough time for him to find them, give them a taste of his axe and then going to KL to enter the Cleganebowl?

Or maybe he can teleport can like LF, who knows? ;)

2 hours ago, Sand11751 said:

If Cleganebowl happens this season, I'll be surprised. If anything, I think a revitalized Loras Tyrell is gonna face off against Cersei's champion and of course, lose his head. Poor Loras. Anyway, Cersei's due will come, but not because Sandor kills the Mountain this season.

I didn't think about that at all!
But now that you say it, I think he is actually the best option.

A sorry excuse for a fight and UnGregor crushing him in a few seconds.
That would be shock material, and it would be a nice parallel to his first/last encounter with Gregor.

And who likes Loras nowadays anyway?

Sometimes, I wonder if we are not going to witness the fall of all seven great houses both in the books and show.
Baratheons and Martells are already gone. Lannisters, Tullys and Arryns are pretty much on the way. And things are not looking too good for the Starks.
The Tyrell didn't take any serious blow so far, the death of Mace's only son would destroy his house.

Cersei's due will come, but slowly and painfully.

11 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I think the Hound will wind up wielding Heartsbane in the battle vs the WW's...

I had this thought as well.  If only there was someone racing furiously towards the North that could supply him with a sword.  The timeline could match up(i know i know, teleporters and the show timeline is unreliable).  But seriously, Sam should be near the riverlands by now heading north assuming he didn't go to the citadel, which I think makes more sense because Randyl Tarly would certainly find and kill him if he did. I could see Sam being caught by the BWB and Sandor coming in to save the day.  They will start talking and Sandor will let him know hes heading North to help Sansa.  They will arrive at the end of the season and the cliffhanger will be Jon with longclaw, Brienne with Oathkeeper and Sandor with Heartsbane ready to fight the WW's.

15 hours ago, mbuehner said:

Anybody else notice one of the riders was wearing a Frey cloak, tower on each shoulder, just saying.

It COULD have been towers, you're right, but if they are, they probably just stole the cloak from a Frey victim.

Am I the only one annoyed that instead of giving him some new outlook for life & rethinking priorities time, they immediately push Sandor on some REVENGE quest? I guess 'the Hound is dead, Sandor Clegane is at rest' idea is bad for TV...

Archived