Discussing Sansa XXIV: Forgetful North

Mladen

So, the Northern campaign was rather underwhelming. Jon and Sansa obviously weren't successful although the question remains regarding the letter Sansa wrote (most likely to Baelish). What can we expect from this dynamic duo? And how will the campaign resolve? We can mourn the lack of "North remembers" speech but perhaps the next time :)

Regarding Sansa, the episode brought Sandor back, so there is that aspect to think about too...

As always, welcome and try to enjoy discussing Sansa :)

Im really salty about the fact she didnt speak up until the Glovers. And im even more salty about how OOC the Glovers are. W h a t. 

And where my Manderlys at? Holy shit, and 62 Mormont men? Cogman, imma cut a bitch! Sansa had no choice but to send a raven to LF for Vale guys. Im just gonna hope she takes Bronze Yohn's side when he tells her whats up.

I am confused about the letter to Littlefinger, making the assumption that he was the intended recipient.  She already knew about the soldiers he offered her.  Why didn't she take him up on it then?  Then she lied to Jon.  Now, she is sending a raven, presumably asking for the soldiers.  WHAT is she doing?  It doesn't make sense to me.  

21 minutes ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Im really salty about the fact she didnt speak up until the Glovers. And im even more salty about how OOC the Glovers are. W h a t. 

And where my Manderlys at? Holy shit, and 62 Mormont men? Cogman, imma cut a bitch! Sansa had no choice but to send a raven to LF for Vale guys. Im just gonna hope she takes Bronze Yohn's side when he tells her whats up.

Stand down, its early. Was that letter really to LF? Or to Manderly?

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

I am confused about the letter to Littlefinger, making the assumption that he was the intended recipient.  She already knew about the soldiers he offered her.  Why didn't she take him up on it then?  Then she lied to Jon.  Now, she is sending a raven, presumably asking for the soldiers.  WHAT is she doing?  It doesn't make sense to me.  

I think she clearly hoped that would she would not need LF's help.  Now, desperate times...

She didn't want the Vale armies because she thought Jon and her could take the North on their own. She didn't want anything to do with LF.

One she realizes they can't, she sends the letter to LF.

It's quite simple, actually.

5 minutes ago, Ross2013 said:

I think she clearly hoped that would she would not need LF's help.  Now, desperate times...

That was my take, too. She lied to Jon because she wanted to go it alone with Jon - the two eldest living Stark siblings take back the North together is how she was envisioning it. But, obviously they are going to need more help, so she's doing what she has to do. 

51 minutes ago, Risto said:

So, the Northern campaign was rather underwhelming. Jon and Sansa obviously weren't successful although the question remains regarding the letter Sansa wrote (most likely to Baelish). What can we expect from this dynamic duo? And how will the campaign resolve? We can mourn the lack of "North remembers" speech but perhaps the next time :)

Regarding Sansa, the episode brought Sandor back, so there is that aspect to think about too...

As always, welcome and try to enjoy discussing Sansa :)

Why is it most likely that the letter was to Baelish and not the Manderlys when they were promenently mentioned as 1 of the strongest houses earlier in the season?  Bearing in mind I do not have any extra knowledge.

Look at this from Sansa's arc- if she writes to LF, its a complete fail for her as a character. If its to Manderly (shes already sent her most loyal subject to Riverrun), it advances her arc. Not saying its a lock, but its a pretty obvious redirect imo.

1 minute ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Why is it obvious that the letter was to Baelish and not the Manderlys when they were promenently mentioned as 1 of the strongest houses earlier in the season?  Bearing in mind I do not have any extra knowledge.

Given how things have gone, I doubt Sansa is betting her life on a raven to a House they didn't even visit.  She knows LF will show up.  And I'm sure she knows that she will likely pay a terrible price for it.

8 minutes ago, Ross2013 said:

But if it is desperate times, wouldn't she be more engaged in the House wooing than she was?  And what kind of strategy is pissing one of the lords off?  How is that going to work for her (and in fact, it didn't)!

Just now, lakin1013 said:

But if it is desperate times, wouldn't she be more engaged in the House wooing than she was?  And what kind of strategy is pissing one of the lords off?  How is that going to work for her (and in fact, it didn't)!

At that point they really didn't have any other cards to play, so she tried pulling rank.  Obviously it didn't work.

As far as the letter, clearly that was to Littlefinger.  Her whole attitude around writing it makes no sense if it's to anybody else.  Indeed, arguably the whole Northern plotline this season has been written around getting her to ask for his help, hence, e.g., the Glovers refusing to help them, the Mormonts having so few men, etc.  They really don't have any other choice.

We'll have to wait for next episode to see what happens next, but there's really no reason for her to keep the Valemen a secret past this point.  If that happens, it's a pretty clear case of the writers trying to create artificial tension in a story that otherwise wouldn't have any.

It so simple to predict, jon, sansa and the wildlings will fight the boltons, they will be crushed by the boltons, proof

http://www.trbimg.com/img-570c070b/turbine/os-game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer-2-hbo-20160411

and then when they are nearly defeated, LF and the knights of the vale will come and save the day, proof of baelish at winterfell

http://screencrush.com/files/2016/04/got-break-littlefinger-pic.jpg

I'm with sansa for calling LF, northerners are traitors for the starks and frack the glover for saying 'starks are dead' 

13 minutes ago, Ross2013 said:

I thought this as well. Though I was surprised she didnt try harder to speak up when it came to the Lords and Ladies. She of the 3 is the only legitimate Stark, so she shouldve talked more, but Lady Lyanna certainly let her know what the North itself must think of her

Archived