Discussing Sansa XXIV: Forgetful North

Mladen

2 minutes ago, Mat92 said:

For everyone wondering why Sansa would badmouth Davos - he worked for Stannis.

Stannis unknowingly failed to save Sansa TWICE when she was held captive by enemies. Once when she was at Kings Landing, a second time at Winterfell. Even if the chances of her getting out alive were slim (especially the first time), he was some slimmer of hope for her. 

In season 6 you are seeing a more realistic Sansa, one who does't pin her hopes on anything - it's no surprise she's bitter towards Stannis/Davos. Not to mention the fact she's spent time with Brienne who was notorious for hating Stannis.

I agree with this. I think it has a lot to do with the fact the people just love Davos. And I also wonder if it was the fact that Sansa said it. If it was anyone else would people care so much?

The show tried to remind us with Glover's words, but Robb's BS with his marriage really was an awful thing to do in these times. Disrespect an older house and betray an ally for some unknown from Volantis? He dragged their name through the mud and Sansa appears as a marriage opportunist (no texting or facebook to get accurate day-to-day).

When people get frustrated, they are often not their best selves. Queue sniping at Davos, who was more effective than either at them in treating with the Northern Lords. At least he secured the support of Bear Island. Esp effective if you think that Sansa wants to be taken seriously here and wants to be a player. The tension is meant to drive whatever decisions she makes in secret--without taking Jon into her confidence--forward. Davos is a convenient target for that frustration and the desperate need for soldiers the clear impetus for whatever raven  (Manderly or LF : I'm torn) she's sending.  Nothing more or less. (Meaning the Davos sniping is marginally character based and largely plot driven. Besides...love her or hate her, we all know Sansa often excels at being a high handed snob! )

38 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sansa got put in her place by little Lyanna Mormont. Glover basically looked her in the eye and did the say. House Stark is dead. There is no way Rickon is getting out of this alive and Bran is nowhere to be seen. Sansa is a Bolton and Jon does not know who he really is.

i think this is our lead in to Jon's parentage. Im hoping we  at LEAST get confirmation in the next Bran scene 

11 minutes ago, finnegan_stark said:

Agreed. It's been made clear that Starks are completely hated in the North (1,000 years of history forgotten in about 2); their name is mud. Therefore, they must be utterly humiliated. D&D is ensuring that happens.

Gotta tear the house down to rebuild!

7 minutes ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

The show tried to remind us with Glover's words, but Robb's BS with his marriage really was an awful thing to do in these times. Disrespect an older house and betray an ally for some unknown from Volantis? He dragged their name through the mud and Sansa appears as a marriage opportunist (no texting or facebook to get accurate day-to-day).

Not to mention their Ironborn problems and how the Boltons helped them. The Glovers are kinda indebted to the Boltons.

5 minutes ago, throney said:

I agree with this. I think it has a lot to do with the fact the people just love Davos. And I also wonder if it was the fact that Sansa said it. If it was anyone else would people care so much?

Brienne / Stannis bit makes sense, also. I don't think it's totally over the top or out of character for her to be dismissive and frustrated. It's not malignant. It's freezing, your armies are too small, you're meeting with the serious consequences of what a mess your brother made in alienating the other houses of the North and in prioritizing a foreign marriage over a vested alliance, you have no obvious real power except for the name that seems to keep failing you (and the secret KotV army you have if you're desperate enough to get back in bed with LF), you want your home back and you want revenge for the ruin of your house and the violation of your honor. His basic likeability/audience surrogacy side, you throw a little shade at Ser Onion bc Jon is clearly disposed to listen to him instead of you. Makes sense to me! 

I think she did the right thing.  Jon's life? They are all playing the game of thrones, and they must win or die. Dany made a deal to get the Unsullied that seemed risky, but she had a plan all along. Sansa is making a similar deal  (I hope!).  It looks bad now, but maybe she will turn it all in her favor. 

7 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Is there anybody with me that the writers are using Brienne and Sansa to send messages to Stannis fans and to bash them?

Oh god wait until Davos finds out about Shireen we are gonna get the mother of meta fights: Davos (Stannis fans): You ruined him! The Stannis I knew would never do this! Mel (D&D): I *We* changed nothing he was always that way you just never saw it

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Oh god wait until Davos finds out about Shireen we are gonna get the mother of meta fights: Davos (Stannis fans): You runined him! The Stannis I knew would never do this! Mel (D&D): I *We* changed nothing he was always that way you just never saw it

it's the third occurence now, the writers really have a problem with stannis fans and they are using characters to send messages : here is your dirty Stannis and here is your dirty Davos

42 minutes ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

So, lets support Ramsay Bolton, the kin-slayer whose father killed his liege protected by guest right?

Give me a break. Robb's crime was nowhere near as bad as the Bolton's, and any sane human being on this planet would choose the Starks over the psychopath in Winterfell (especially now that the Lannisters and Freys are not backing them).

That aside, its hard to make sense out of this plotline.

Jon is just there. He does not exist, and may as well still be dead. Sansa's character is all over the place. Like as not, she is going to go back to being a pawn of Littlefinger (unless Littlefinger does an about face all of a sudden).

They are re-treading ground making them go through the Stannis plot again (which only makes sense if the Starks are hated, so they must be for...Robb? Kay), and mixing in the Sansa-Vale plot for the resolution.

The ultimate climax for Sansa's 'empowerment' is going to be when Littlefinger, the agent of her families' demise and her own personal hell of a life, is the one who comes to her rescue again.

21 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Oh god wait until Davos finds out about Shireen we are gonna get the mother of meta fights: Davos (Stannis fans): You ruined him! The Stannis I knew would never do this! Mel (D&D): I *We* changed nothing he was always that way you just never saw it

Where is Mel by the way, she rode off with them and she is now nowhere to be seen? Maybe she is headed back to Home base to tell them about Jon and what she did and how he came back?

3 minutes ago, Mikeygigs said:

So, lets support Ramsay Bolton, the kin-slayer whose father killed his liege protected by guest right?

Give me a break. Robb's crime was nowhere near as bad as the Bolton's, and any sane human being on this planet would choose the Starks over the psychopath in Winterfell (especially now that the Lannisters and Freys are not backing them).

Yeah, especially that dig on Robb marrying a "foreign whore". Yeah, it has been made clear to me that the majority of the Northerners prefer the Boltons which makes them marrying known fugitive Sansa and her subsequent rapes even more unnecessary.

Archived