She's back

Drayzen

10 hours ago, King Onion Knight said:

why would she go after the septon who was not involved in the red wedding at all? 

no lsh. 

Perhaps it is yet another case of GOT intentionally getting characters completely wrong.

It was a septon hanged on what was going to be a sept. It was supposed to shock, since he died with a horrific expression, and bring the Hound into vengence mode. That's it, no LSH, let it go, people. 

Though it has made me believe there's some importance to that storyline on the books rather than just being a corpse on a Frey killing spree, so I'm looking foward to that.

7 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

"The dead travel fast."

- Gottfried August Bürger

But I guess Stoneheart didn't get the memo because she's taking her sweet ass time. 

In any case, I knew they weren't going to bring back two "dead" characters in the same episode. If she does show up, I expect it'd be in the season finale or episode 9. 

If the leaked plot synopsis for the remaining episodes were legit (big IF, in my opinion) it sounds like episode 10.

10 hours ago, 2fat2sitahorse said:

Yeah, I feel pretty sure that those "bandits" were not in fact the BWB. The stronger evidence for BWB/LSH is what appears to be Pod getting abuctded, setting up Brianne agreeing to turn over Jamie.(perhaps, that was as yet unresolved) I think those poor folks who killed "Septon Meribald" are about to be The Hound means business fodder.

But what is that horrified look on Brienne's face with someone in a small boat (presumably Pod)? The scene with Pod could be their first arrival and one of the idiotic Freys taking them captive. Then they are taken to Jaime. 

9 hours ago, MotherofStrife said:

I doubt they'll do LSH, even if they do, I don't think they will do her justice. Look at resurrected Jon. He's just Jon with a bun. 

Well to be fair, he may not even be dead in the books. What was everyone expecting, Jon to return as Ironman? 

11 hours ago, 2fat2sitahorse said:

Yeah, I feel pretty sure that those "bandits" were not in fact the BWB. The stronger evidence for BWB/LSH is what appears to be Pod getting abuctded, setting up Brianne agreeing to turn over Jamie.(perhaps, that was as yet unresolved) I think those poor folks who killed "Septon Meribald" are about to be The Hound means business fodder.

Freeze frame the shot, it's Bronn screwing with Pod.

5 hours ago, jbent87 said:

I'm at the point where if they do it now I'll be mad bc of all of the missed opportunities of mentioning her/the brotherhood/rebels hanging Freys/whoever in the Riverlands since TRW. But, why incorporate that into valuable show time I guess when they can just trot out a 5 minute "Previously on GoT" before the LSH reveal episode, force feeding Catlyn Stark and TRW down our throats. 

You know how the show likes to telegraph these things.  The repeated foreshadowings of Cat coming back didn't "take up valuable time".  Rather, they were just as long as they needed to be.  Moreover, her return is critical plot point that could not be dispense with; even Martin himself has more than once said that she was important to the overall story.

It will be interesting to see how the showrunners put the scene together. Michelle Fairley remarked that Catelyn was a hard character to portray after the Red Wedding, in part specifically because she was not a zombie. (Then again, neither is Benjen.)  It will be cool to see her turn her acting skills to that.  

Cat’s return was immensely cathartic to book readers, a cause for a loud cheer and a wicked fist-pump. Plus she's a fan favorite and cool actress whose return is part of the entire Sixth Season of unexpected returns from characters we didn't expect to return, be that from beyond the grave or some other dead-end situation.  For those who haven't been paying attention, it will be the kind of end-of-season shock that the showrunners so delight in.

It's all totally obvious.  And it's going to make a lot of people very, very happy.  

Except of course for the years of potty-mouthed naysayers who are all about to eat their own coproloquy.  It will probably take until long after A Dream of Spring is published for the exultant followers of Our Lady of Perpetual Vengeance to track down all those who said it would never happen on a thousand million internet forums and give every single one of them the old neener neener neener:drool:

56 minutes ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

Freeze frame the shot, it's Bronn screwing with Pod.

Thank you!!! I don't know why people are thinking Pod was going to be captured (at least not in this scene).

I imagine it's Bronn pulling a fake attack, Pod getting a little scared then seeing Bronn, followed by some hoots and hollers, high fives, some hey "Hey Sex Gods", a "remember when we both fled when Lord Tyrion was in danger" line or 2. Then probably a "Shae was the best, whatever happened to her" line or 2.

15 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I have good news and bad news:

• The bad news is that there will be three dead Starks by the end of the season.
  • The good news is that those three are Jon, Benjen, and Catelyn, and that they’re all mad as hell and they ain’t gonna take it anymore.

YES

in this series of resurrection the Starks are back!! She is so back

my rubbish theory as an unsullied is that D+D just did a crap season 5, they've read the forums.. 

so in season 6 the girls are kick -ass and they are going to please everyone with the most wanted characters arriving -

- Benjen

- The Hound 

- Lady Stone heart

4 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Not unless he was Ray Meribold

So... is that a typo, you're being funny and I'm not getting because of cultural barriers or did they really changed his name? Though I just checked, it was the Elder Brother who found the Hound so I'm guessing that on the show they combined him with Meribald and we got "Ray". Oy!

15 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I have good news and bad news:

• The bad news is that there will be three dead Starks by the end of the season.
  • The good news is that those three are Jon, Benjen, and Catelyn, and that they’re all mad as hell and they ain’t gonna take it anymore.

Except, Catelyn is a Tully. The women don't change Houses when they get married. Cersei Lannister, Margaery Tyrell, Ellia Martel... Though Catelyn's sister, Lysa, is known as a Arryn and the Queen of Thornes as a Tyrell. I'd say the third dead Stark would be Rickon, since he's in Ramsay's hands and that doesn't look good for the boy :P

1 minute ago, Lady Lyanna Mormont said:

Except, Catelyn is a Tully. The women don't change Houses when they get married. Cersei Lannister, Margaery Tyrell, Ellia Martel... Though Catelyn's sister, Lysa, is known as a Arryn and the Queen of Thornes as a Tyrell. I'd say the third dead Stark would be Rickon, since he's in Ramsay's hands and that doesn't look good for the boy :P

Pretty sure Lord Stark’s wife is by definition Lady Stark.

26 minutes ago, Lady Lyanna Mormont said:

Except, Catelyn is a Tully. The women don't change Houses when they get married. Cersei Lannister, Margaery Tyrell, Ellia Martel...

Bad examples, they all married into the royal family.

It also seems to depend to a degree on who is speaking, which House is more important, how the woman identifies herself, etc.

5 hours ago, Lady Lyanna Mormont said:

Wait, what? The after show won't air until later this week in my country...
So he wasn't Septon Meribald? I'm confused...

I don't understand why they didn't keep the name Meribald (well, not like it was spoken on screen), septon Ray sounds almost like septon Joe.

Archived