Arya vs. the Waif

WolfQueenArya

Ok I think we can all agree that this episode will feature Arya heavily with a huge parkour chase scene between her and the Waif. I am believing Arya kills her, destroys her face, and escapes on that boat. Other option is that someone saves her but I want Arya to use what she learned against the Waif ( and Jaqen too prob). And I hope the theatre troupe comes into play again too. They were awesome and they could be traveling to a certain wedding that is rumored. 

Arya needs happiness- true happiness. Jon, Nymeria, her other siblings, the Hound or even Gendry! ... 

I couldn't help but picture Arya go back to fake Cersei asking for help.  She got hurt pretty bad.  Hard for me to picture anything other than Arya killing the waif and then fooling Jaqen with the waifs face.  Problem is she doesn't know how to use the faces yet, and if they have Jaqen teach her it will be bullshit after she proved she cant be trusted.

44 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I couldn't help but picture Arya go back to fake Cersei asking for help.  She got hurt pretty bad.  Hard for me to picture anything other than Arya killing the waif and then fooling Jaqen with the waifs face.  Problem is she doesn't know how to use the faces yet, and if they have Jaqen teach her it will be bullshit after she proved she cant be trusted.

She used a fake face in the scene she killed Meryn Trant last season, did she not? 

13 minutes ago, Robb_ said:

She used a fake face in the scene she killed Meryn Trant last season, did she not? 

Yeah, and she did a whole mess of it, that's why Jaqen didn't allow her to use a face for Lady Crane.

But I don't think Jaqen has any intention to kill Arya. I think this whole thing is part of the Waif's training. The way she tried to kill Arya clearly showed that she's just about as close to being no one as Arya ever was. I still believe that Jaqen expects Arya to kill the Waif.

I just read some interesting theories that Arya has this secret plan, that she used a blood bag or an animal. Or Jaqen is being Arya here because she wasn't acting like her usual self and didn't have Needle. I think if one of these theories is true we will find out during this episode. Maybe we will finally get backstory of the Waif, Jaqen, etc before Arya goes back to Westeros. 

I wonder if this chase will be different scenes broken up. That would be pretty cool and Arya can finally have more screen time, which the character and storyline really need. 

Could Jaqen be the one who kills the waif? He follows the waif, sees she did not follow instructions not to let arya suffer, and kills her before the waif finishes off arya. As a life has been given, arya is free to leave without pursuit by the faceless men.

9 minutes ago, mykeuva said:

Could Jaqen be the one who kills the waif? He follows the waif, sees she did not follow instructions not to let arya suffer, and kills her before the waif finishes off arya. As a life has been given, arya is free to leave without pursuit by the faceless men.

I feel like having her guts spilling out right now is really going to do a number on her parkour skills, so there's some incredible twist coming, that's for sure.  

My prediction:
The next episode is the Waif hunting Arya mercilessly through Bravos. Several times Arya gets the upper hand briefly, then fall into another trap and get stabbed some more. Eventually the waif catches her and slits her throat, then throws her body in the bay.

At the end of the episode the waif shows up and Jaquen is all "a girl has done well" and then the waif pulls off her face and it's Arya underneath.

THEY DO NOT EXPLAIN THIS.

Is it Arya somehow? When did the switch happen? How would it make sense? Is it the Waif now wearing Arya's face? If so, what was "Arya" doing? What the fuck was the point? Was this all just a part of her training? Was the waif even real, or was it just a "Tyler Durden" situation?

Everyone will just go WHAT THE FUCK and run to the internet to say what they think happened and all these convoluted theories will crop about about what really happened.

BUT IT WILL NEVER BE EXPLAINED.

It feels like she went through too much trouble for nothing. 

She won't become faceless which is like 90% the reason for assassins' success, she haven't learned any ranged weapons, not even swordmanship, not how to make poisons...

You could maybe argue that she learned how to lie and can better direct herself while blind. 

She's not an assassin and I can't see what can she even do if she goes back to wherever she wants to go. 

The Waif is the fucking WORST assassin there ever was. I had to say it. 

Not even a guaranteed killing blow with a few stabs to the stomach when she could have cut Arya's throat and she doesn't confirm Arya's death and collect her face or body. 

15 minutes ago, JonReborned said:

It could be that the waif finally doesn't follow Jaqen's instructions and only stabs Arya in the belly because is a slow and painful death.

That's the only thing that makes sense. The waif stabbed her in the gut for a slow and painful bleeding to death. 

But the biggest WTF is why Arya was so careless and walked around Braavos with no disguise and with her guard down. Did she think Jaqen or the waif wouldn't be coming after her?  That's rather stupid.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Rider said:

That's the only thing that makes sense. The waif stabbed her in the gut for a slow and painful bleeding to death. 

But the biggest WTF is why Arya was so careless and walked around Braavos with no disguise and with her guard down. Did she think Jaqen or the waif wouldn't be coming after her?  That's rather stupid.

I agree completely. After all those scenes(a man found Arya's scenes repetitive...) of her training, she just up and forgets it all, when she knows they're coming after her. It would be a huge turnaround if it never was Arya and the waif was the one being tested.

Spoiler Tay Tay!

Anyway, Arya can't parkour unless she recovers from her injuries quickly - special healing magic? If she runs, sprints, jumps with those abdominal injuries I'm turning this rubbish TV show off!

Hopefully stabbed Arya is not Jaqen in disguise due to some obligation- she saved my life so i must now save hers?

1 hour ago, CockroachCaptain said:

I could have sworn from the way episode 6 ended that Arya was just going to wait in the dark for the Waif and use her time as a blind girl to get the upperhand and kill her. Guess not.

That would've made a LOT of sense!  Bah!

The point (and my main issue with this last 2 seasons) is that there is no tension in several plots. We all know that Arya will somehow survive and do something because the other option is that everything since she went to Braavos is useless.

So ok, the scene of the stabbing was unexpected (not really, you see it coming from miles, let's just say that it happens quickly), but there is no tension, I'm not counting the days that separate me from the next episode. I wanted to see the next episode, not the preview of it in like 3 minutes of Arya

Archived