Arya vs. the Waif

WolfQueenArya

33 minutes ago, Morgred said:

Someone junping out of window in trailer - could it be jaquen?  

then your theory about ham helping sansa can be true

btw - sure the title no one is about arya ;)

The person has dark/medium blonde hair - It looks like The Waif more than anyone. My second guess would be Yara. 

We can try to spin this all we want, but we all know Arya winds up going back to Westeros via boat after killing The Waif.  How she kills her is anyones guess.  In the dark?  A stick battle?  A lengthy, multi-face switching through the streets of Braavos?  Who knows.  But  regardless of how it's done, The Waif will wind up dead and Arya will wind up back in Westeros.

Which means Arya's entire storyline the last 2 seasons has been a complete waste of time.  The only thing Arya learned how to do is get her ass beat-up by a stick and increase her senses some.  Who knows what she'll end up doing once we winds up back in Westeros.  Hopefully she'll tie in with The Hound someway.

4 hours ago, Dragon_Rider said:

That's the only thing that makes sense. The waif stabbed her in the gut for a slow and painful bleeding to death. 

But the biggest WTF is why Arya was so careless and walked around Braavos with no disguise and with her guard down. Did she think Jaqen or the waif wouldn't be coming after her?  That's rather stupid.

Thats why there has to be a twist coming.

She didnt have Needle either.  Do you really think she would be standing around without her sword?  If the point was to blend in then she wasnt doing a very good job.

2 hours ago, Tall Tyrion Lannister! said:

I can suspend my disbelief a lot, but i'd be really hard to do it if Arya is running around like she's in a assassin's creed game fresh off having gut wounds sown up.

Right -- that is where I am on this as well.  We seem to be left with (1) the whole sequence was a head fake in some fashion, with Arya not really being stabbed (she somehow had a double?) or finding some mystical way to heal or (2) she heals up faster than a professional soccer player after taking a dive and is jumping off roofs.  Neither are particularly satisfying choices, given all the time they have had to advance this story-line in Braavos.

I hope for the former, if only to demonstrate that Ayra learned and can use some of the FM skills.  The latter option -- to me -- is not only hard to believe but also makes it seem like her sojourn to Braavos has been a complete waste of time.  I know member Tagganaro made the point that her time in Braavos has been about self-discovery: she has come to realize that she is not an emotionless assassin but is still a Stark, with -- one assumes -- vengeance in Westeros on her mind.  Fair enough.  I guess I am spoiled by the development of her character thus far in the books, where she is indeed still that person but is also, manipulatively, using the FM to develop her skills precisely to exact that revenge (witness: Raff in the Mercy chapter).  The point is, the show could have easily done the same.

in any event, they seem to have had her plot line gamed out for a while (note that the scene of her pulling Needle out of the stones was shot last year), so let's see where this goes....

I have to think that the scenes this week were just a set up and that she isn't really stabbed. Just wouldn't work very well. She was very blatant and out in the open as Arya, and unarmed. She had to know the waif would be on her trail and that the waif would know that Arya would be looking to book passage out of Braavos. So to me this was all just a set up.

Also, just a side note, where did she get all the money from?

11 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Ok I think we can all agree that this episode will feature Arya heavily with a huge parkour chase scene between her and the Waif. I am believing Arya kills her, destroys her face, and escapes on that boat. Other option is that someone saves her but I want Arya to use what she learned against the Waif ( and Jaqen too prob). And I hope the theatre troupe comes into play again too. They were awesome and they could be traveling to a certain wedding that is rumored. 

Arya needs happiness- true happiness. Jon, Nymeria, her other siblings, the Hound or even Gendry! ... 

Which wedding are you referring to? I heard rumors of a second RW but I never figured out whose it could be.

8 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

At the end of the episode the waif shows up and Jaquen is all "a girl has done well" and then the waif pulls off her face and it's Arya underneath.

THEY DO NOT EXPLAIN THIS.

Is it Arya somehow? When did the switch happen? How would it make sense? Is it the Waif now wearing Arya's face? If so, what was "Arya" doing? What the fuck was the point? Was this all just a part of her training? Was the waif even real, or was it just a "Tyler Durden" situation?

I agree. No matter how much I want it, I just don't see Arya leaving Braavos/The Faceless Men. It would make her storyline so far pointless. Plus the title of the episode is "No one". That whole thing looks like a girl's (Arya's) final mission. She has to kill Arya Stark to become "No one" after all. Maybe she was the Waif all along. Just how you said, in a "Tyler Durden" situation. 
I really hope that we are wrong though. I want her to board to that ship to Westeros so bad, I just don't see it happening. 

I feel like Arya and Jaqen are playing The Waif. This all is really her test. Wouldnt they know whether or not Arya did her job bc Lady Crane's face would show up. Jaqen is really testing The Waif, he even said to her 'dont let her suffer'. Well stabbing her and letting her drown/bleed to death is suffering. I think The Waif will be the face added to the FM and Arya will be a FM. I dont think she'll legitimately turn back to Westeros til the last season of the show.

Yeah, I don't wanna believe that was even Arya being stabbed. I'm thinking she planned the whole thing out to look like she was killed so they won't be coming after her. Maybe we'll be getting a scene of someone over a dying "Arya" pulling their face to reveal the real Arya... Though I'm not sure it's possible for someone to use a living person's face...

28 minutes ago, Tucu said:

From the Hound a long time ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hNGgcd4U-c

Nope. That wasn't even enough to get the ship captain to even look at her when she offered it to him when she was trying to get to Braavos. She had to show him the FM coin to get on.

As to begging in the streets, not likely. She had a lot of money, enough to book a cabin. That's like flying first class nowadays.

It doesn't really matter where she got it, was just a curiosity. Maybe selling cockles while studying the insurance man?

11 minutes ago, White lilly said:

Yeah, I don't wanna believe that was even Arya being stabbed. I'm thinking she planned the whole thing out to look like she was killed so they won't be coming after her. Maybe we'll be getting a scene of someone over a dying "Arya" pulling their face to reveal the real Arya... Though I'm not sure it's possible for someone to use a living person's face...

Even if it was possible, doesn't that require someone else involved as well? I mean who would be the one wearing Arya's face and eventually dying? It just seems too much for Arya to pull through just by herself. 

12 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Nope. That wasn't even enough to get the ship captain to even look at her when she offered it to him when she was trying to get to Braavos. She had to show him the FM coin to get on.

As to begging in the streets, not likely. She had a lot of money, enough to book a cabin. That's like flying first class nowadays.

It doesn't really matter where she got it, was just a curiosity. Maybe selling cockles while studying the insurance man?

Well in the book she learns to be a wicked cutpurse. That's assassin 101, so if you're going to pick on something, that's probably not the thing to get all worked up about. 

1 minute ago, ErasmusF said:

Well in the book she learns to be a wicked cutpurse. That's assassin 101, so if you're going to pick on something, that's probably not the thing to get all worked up about. 

Not worked up, as you should see in my post it says, just a curiosity.

4 hours ago, Morgred said:

Someone junping out of window in trailer - could it be jaquen?  

4 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

The person has dark/medium blonde hair - It looks like The Waif more than anyone. My second guess would be Yara. 

I think it's Arya. Or her stunt double anyway. 

Archived