Arya vs. the Waif

WolfQueenArya

52 minutes ago, Joe Anderson said:

Arya = Waif = No One

I'm pretty certain catNamedStupidity called it. Check out 2 mins of footage from Season 5 Episode 6. Watch from 16:40-18:40 but pay special attention to the face Arya focuses on at 17:58 while Jaqen h'ghar says the following:

Wow, that sounds terrible and awfully right. I instantly loved it.

21 minutes ago, grufolo said:

Wow, that sounds terrible and awfully right. I instantly loved it.

Same here. The water kills others, but has no effect on Arya? To be honest, that doesn't make sense.

It would be a nice surprise if you ask me. And it explains why everybody looked weird at Arya in the final scene. I mean, if she would actually bleed, wouldn't anyone help her? But if she is just imagining it, it means she wasn't bleeding at all and people looked that weird because it would actually look quite odd. 

Let's wait and see! 

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

Same here. The water kills others, but has no effect on Arya? To be honest, that doesn't make sense.

It would be a nice surprise if you ask me. And it explains why everybody looked weird at Arya in the final scene. I mean, if she would actually bleed, wouldn't anyone help her? But if she is just imagining it, it means she wasn't bleeding at all and people looked that weird because it would actually look quite odd. 

Let's wait and see! 

I am curious to see how they will show this, if it is true as it looks, in terms of bodies.

The FM have a strange attitude towards bodies, some die but are they reall themselves, or are they the mask they're wearing. If both are Arya, who's been stabbed? If the blood isn't there and no one's been stabbed (!!) then will Arya keep her face? Or Maisie will be leaving the show?

Arya is done with the faceless men and has chosen to be Arya Stark, that was the whole point of her reaction to the play, saving Lady Crane and retrieving Needle. 

Whatever happens between her and the waif, Jaqen won't be able to recruit her, He may spare or even save her, but either way, she's going to be on a boat as Arya Stark and not as an FM on a mission.

To put it bluntly, she's already more or less told them to go fuck themselves.

Just after Arya picks up the bag of money she put down on the table, and before she stares out at the Titan of Braavos, she walks past a girl, who's back is to the screen, that looks just like Arya's Oyster girl,we saw last season. Few pics doing rounds ont he internet

https://mic.com/articles/145390/the-reason-game-of-thrones-fans-are-freaking-out-over-this-screenshot-is-mindblowing#.X03Bgqg7j

Glade I found this site... makes waiting for the next episode much easier.

I just watched this scene, what about that face?  It is a face of an older woman, not the Waif, unless you are saying it is the Waif in her older years?

Arya was wearing that brown jacket thing in The Broken Man;  in the S6 Trailer and the preview for the No One episode she is wearing a blue shirt and some set photos exist of the front of that blue shirt without any blood staining. So she either gets help from someone or its a fake out. 

The likleyhood of being able to run / jump / fight without movement or assault re-opening the kind of woulds she received (knife twist), thus staining the blue shirt, is very slim unless they do a very clunky time break thing.  So I'm going with a bait and switch. 

On 06/06/2016 at 4:05 PM, Fexyr said:

I think Jaqen will be the one to kill the Waif. 

I doubt it. I think this glimpse is of Arya most likely after killing the Waif, she's jumping from a building in the same clothes. 

For the past two days I have been trying to figure out what the hell happened with Arya !

For me the only thing sure is that something is definitely off with Arya in that scene! Episode 6 we see her getting needle, meaning that she must have a plan in her mind somehow (especially when she hides in the dark) and Episode 7 what is she doing? She's walking unarmed in the streets of Braavos with her hands behind her back and looking at the giant statue??? No not buying it!!

I just can't see her being so...dumb! I just can"t! She's smarter than that !!

I think the theory of Arya and the waif being the same person makes sense!! I mean there were people next to the bridge when she got stabbed (like there were people when she was getting her ass kicked in the streets when she was blind), no one moved: not once! Perhaps people only see Arya and think she is crazy! 

There is her "Arya Stark side" (the Arya we see every episode) and there is her "No One side" (the waif). And during the scene on the bridge, she imagines her "Arya Stark side" being stabbed, but she doesn't die because she is not ready to give up on her "Arya Stark side". She wants to fight for it.

And perhaps episode 8 will be all about the face-off between Arya/Arya Stark and Arya/The Waif, and finally embracing either being Arya or either being a faceless man. Who will win ? My money is on Arya Stark.

Plus the description of the episode that just leaked can confirm what I said : "Arya faces a new test".

My dream would be to see Arya killing the Waif and finally embracing her Stark Side. And then to come back to the HOBAW to meet Jaqen. Then he will ask "who are you?" and she will say "Arya Stark".  And he'll say: "A girl is finally ready". And then he will let her leave. Perhaps the all point of the FM story was for Arya to really embrace her true identity.

The other possibily is that Arya really got stabbed and that she is really dumb ^^.

4 minutes ago, Maxwell998 said:

For the past two days I have been trying to figure out what the hell happened with Arya !

For me the only thing sure is that something is definitely off with Arya in that scene! Episode 6 we see her getting needle, meaning that she must have a plan in her mind somehow (especially when she hides in the dark) and Episode 7 what is she doing? She's walking unarmed in the streets of Braavos with her hands behind her back and looking at the giant statue??? No not buying it!!

I just can't see her being so...dumb! I just can"t! She's smarter than that !!

I think the theory of Arya and the waif being the same person makes sense!! I mean there were people next to the bridge when she got stabbed (like there were people when she was getting her ass kicked in the streets when she was blind), no one moved: not once! Perhaps people only see Arya and think she is crazy! 

There is her "Arya Stark side" (the Arya we see every episode) and there is her "No One side" (the waif). And during the scene on the bridge, she imagines her "Arya Stark side" being stabbed, but she doesn't die because she is not ready to give up on her "Arya Stark side". She wants to fight for it.

And perhaps episode 8 will be all about the face-off between Arya/Arya Stark and Arya/The Waif, and finally embracing either being Arya or either being a faceless man. Who will win ? My money is on Arya Stark.

Plus the description of the episode that just leaked can confirm what I said : "Arya faces a new test".

My dream would be to see Arya killing the Waif and finally embracing her Stark Side. And then to come back to the HOBAW to meet Jaqen. Then he will ask "who are you?" and she will say "Arya Stark".  And he'll say: "A girl is finally ready". And then he will let her leave. Perhaps the all point of the FM story was for Arya to really embrace her true identity.

The other possibily is that Arya really got stabbed and that she is really dumb ^^.

I like that theory

Yeah, this plot line has the potential to be really really good if it plays out like a lot of the theories here state. That this has been a test of the waif and that wasn't even Arya, or it's a Tyler Durden thing where the Waif doesn't even exist.

However, if it was Arya, and she really did get stabbed while calmly walking around carefree, and not part of bigger plan of Jaqen, then this has the potential to be garbage!

One other thought, what if Lady Crane was "playing" Arya, using her face? I know it is far fetched but it is a weird possibility right? Nah, probably not, its just that Aryas face was on someone else once when Jaqen poisoned himself, she pulled off all those faces and the last one was hers. 

10 hours ago, Joe Anderson said:

Arya = Waif = No One

I'm pretty certain catNamedStupidity called it. Check out 2 mins of footage from Season 5 Episode 6. Watch from 16:40-18:40 but pay special attention to the face Arya focuses on at 17:58 while Jaqen h'ghar says the following:

Is the girl ready? To give up her ears, her nose, her tounge? Her hopes and dreams, her loves and hates, all that makes a girl who she is...forever? No, a girl is not ready to become no one! But she is ready to become someone else.

It's becoming the only logical explanation to me at this point. Whether the writers went with it or not we'll find next week I suppose. I would be very pleasantly surprised if they actually did it that way. 

I'm kinda tired with the whole FM story arc as well. I liked the idea at first but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. 

7 hours ago, grufolo said:

I am curious to see how they will show this, if it is true as it looks, in terms of bodies.

The FM have a strange attitude towards bodies, some die but are they reall themselves, or are they the mask they're wearing. If both are Arya, who's been stabbed? If the blood isn't there and no one's been stabbed (!!) then will Arya keep her face? Or Maisie will be leaving the show?

There's been that interview with Waif actress where she kinda spoiled that she knew about Jon's resurrection...

Schofield and Willoughby brought up the "secret" of Jon Snow's resurrection, and Marsay admitted that she was one of the few cast members who knew he was returning. But why? As Schofield pointed out to her, even Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) didn't know right away. "But how did you know, because you're not even —"

Marsay cut him off: "I can't tell you how I know … I can't tell you."  Schofield, clearly confused, prodded the actress a bit. "Is it like something to do with what's coming up?" he asked.

"I'm just going to leave that one there," Marsay said.

http://www.techinsider.io/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-arya-stark-faceless-men-2016-5

6 minutes ago, adamr said:

I edited my post and quoted it there, with a link.

So it's safe to say that the Arya_Waif and Mr_Snow meet before the end of the season?

It's be cool to see Jon finally retaking control of Winterfell after a bloody struggle and the aryawaif's face while she pours him a glass a of wine... with a imperceptible smirk on her face

I have had a few more days to consider this scene. I may have commented on this thread above, but now I have a few questions that seem to challenge this idea. Could it be possible, yes. But a few things seem off. 

Why does something have to be off? Jon left Ghost locked up when Mel told him to keep him nearby? The mistake led to Jon's stabbing. Jon also knew that the environment at CB was tense. 

Why is it so difficult to think that perhaps Arya simply left needle where it lay? If Jon left Ghost despite a direct warning, so too can Arya. 

Also. Why would Arya take the old woman's face, then after stabbing fArya (Waif), pull off the old woman face to reveal Waif's face. Why not pull off the old woman's face to reveal Arya, and why would the old woman not kill waif with Needle? Arya is familiar with needle, and needle is important to her. Why use a letter opener when you have castle forged steel? Why would waif wander around the city wearing Arya's face after being stabbed? Why would waif even wear Arya's face to begin with? One would think that if Arya failed to poison the actress, there might be a hit on Arya, so....why wear a target on your head? 

From my pov, I call BS on the idea, but then again I just want Arya to leave the FM and get back to Westeros... But still, I think there are too many problems with this playing out as anything but what it appears to be. 

No One - Personally. I think someone (captain) aboard a ship asks Arya. Who are you? Then she replies...."No One", because she probably realizes that her Stark name is not safe to flaunt. I think needle and the play have stirred emotions from within, and she realizes that she cannot be No One, because she is a Stark. 

Archived