Lyanna Mormont Appreciation Thread

LadyArwen

58 minutes ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

Though, I thought they were back on the campaign being on Bear island wouldn't make since as they got the "Mazins" and what nots after the Mormonts and why would she be out there with I thought that was her Maester and the random on her right our left. Also the wildlings were there fighting with the haha "Southerners"/Northmen there would be no reason to drag 2000 men to the island camp them close and hidden. Either way the show doesn't care about logistics.

My bad, I just re-watched and saw her at the camp. As the head of her house, it makes sense. But you're right, the editing and lack of transition shots makes Westeros seem awfully small.

52 minutes ago, Conchobar said:

I am the Mormont soldier to the right behind her in that scene, she was amazing, Kit kept forgetting his lines,she showed everyone up. haha!

LOL thanks for the inside info.  I hope we see more of Lady Mormont.  Great actress and character.

I really liked her because unlike  some other children in power that we've seen she listened to  her advisers. Then once she'd listened to her counsel she made up her own mind. She just what you'd expect a Mormont woman to be like, quite a tough little cookie.

Definitely the most enjoyable scene from the Stark bannermen recruiting process. Coudn't help laughing when she said she had only 62 men, but each of them with the power of 10. I have no doubts about it, as Davos said.

Very well portrayed.

3 hours ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

Also that reminds me. The Boltons had alot of Heavy Cav when they defeated Stannis but all the previews show them having Infantry and spear/pikemen. What happened to all that Heavy Horse? 

As I understand, the Bolton's horsemen were actually Stannis's mercenaries who had changed sides after the burning of Shireen. They were probably paid and let go after the battle; it's costly to mantain a mercenary army just sitting on their asses for a long time.

1 hour ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

One tiny, mildly annoying detail they got wrong.

"How many fighting men do you have?"

(...)"Every man from Bear Island is worth ten (...)"

Men. Man. What about women? This is Bear Island, after all. Bad for Jon to seemingly ignore that, worse still that Lyanna followed the suit.

Men has traditional been used to mean both men and women.  The show probably just meant men but it could be used that way.

Excellent opening scene with her; in particular between her and Davos. That's an actress that can hold her own. As much as Davos' switcheroo to Jon did rankle me at the beginning, I like that he still serves as the bridge between people, getting both sides to understand each other. Not in the fight at camp though...

Archived