Lyanna Mormont Appreciation Thread

LadyArwen

2 hours ago, athmystikal said:

I liked that scene and the actress and her delivery of dialogue. However I must say that it felt a bit unrealistic, this being westeros. I mean we know Bran was de facto lord of Winterfell for a while, but he had maester Luwin helping him out. I expected Lyanna's advisors to involve more in the discussion. If she was 15 years or more, it would have been more believable. She was making an extremely serious decision once which could mean the annihilation of her house and its people. Realistically, wouldn't an adult act as a regent of sort when serious matters are involved?

Still it was the best scene of this episode.

I dont know. Her mother is dead for two years (?) now, so she's already ruling a while now. Bran wasn't that long in charge and we have seen him in the very beginning of his duty. In addition she asked her advisor how many men they could spare, while Bran just sent 200 soldiers withouth Luwins approval.

All in all I got the impression that she relied a lot more on the counsel of her advisors than other young rulers on the show.

28 minutes ago, Darren Allen said:

Please tell me that's not her on the inverted cross

It's not Lyanna Mormont. Don't want to spoil more for you but it's good. It's from the source who correctly predicted so far this season.

Conchobar, thanks for the insider info and for not spoiling anything! I always fear that I wouldn't be able to talk about the show without letting things slip if I was ever involved in the production, so I give props to those who exercise restraint.  

21 hours ago, LadyArwen said:

Anyone else suitably impressed by the talented young actress who played Lyanna Mormont? I thought she did an excellent job. She gave me life when she held up a dismissive hand to her maester when he tried to whisper in her ear. Not to mention when she put a stop to the "small talk". She clearly has no time for anyone's nonsense. 

I've always liked the matriarchal Mormonts. Thankfully, Lyanna Mormont was portrayed favorably in the episode. It's not always easy to have a child actor portray a powerful character, but this young lady handled it well. 

She was fucking awesome. 

13 hours ago, Conchobar said:

I am the Mormont soldier to the right behind her in that scene, she was amazing, Kit kept forgetting his lines,she showed everyone up. haha!

Ahahaha. She was marvelous. Badass gravitas!

I am not sure what the issue is the scene with Lyanna was pretty much a mirror image of the scene with Bran ruling in Winterfell in season one.  A ten year old ruler who is making decisions with help from a maester and a man at arms.  In both cases the ten year old sent men off to war. I don't recall the same criticism when that the scene with Bran aired.

Archived