A little stopover by the Bridge of Volantis.

Arkash

Just on the Asha/Theon dialogue. You have to remember that the Ironborn are effectively Vikings. Within that culture, there was no room for weakness. If you werent able to fight you were a burden.

Asha's scene with Theon makes perfect sense. If you are going to be a burden, just kill yourself and retain some scrap of dignity.

Asha's sexuality. Look, I dont care. However, the cynic in me says its been done to pander to a certain loud minority of complainer.

Which leads me to this

22 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

a question for book readers please, do you think that Yara or/and theon are taking Quentin's story? 

Theyre going to be taking on Victarion's storyline. I am putting down a cold hard twenty bucks that D&D and planning a scissor scene between Dany and Asha.

The complaints about the dialog between Yara & Theon are kind of funny. They are pirates in in a foreign whore house.. how would you expect them to talk? "Dearest Theon, thou shalt not be a pussy".. now THAT would be complaint worthy, but a couple T & A comments are actually perfectly well placed considering the setting.

Just as importantly, how the eff did Yasha's entire fleet make it so quickly to Volantis? I know Littlefinger has his transporter, but to get the entire fleet there in a moments...

6 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

So can Theon? He hasn't lost all his man bits or in this case even the crucial ones. I'm actually fairly sure this was another of Ramsay's ways of torturing Theon.

Define crucial? He has no penis, that is a certainty. A brief look a wiki indicates that no penis with balls intact produces extreme sexual frustration. Taking all his bits seems like it would have been kinder as without the testicles, libido decreases over time.

On 6/6/2016 at 10:15 AM, Nerevanin said:

Small kittens are nice too. I haven't seen much of them in GOT though.

I'm not sure Ser Pounce was vital to the story/plot. Seems like his scenes were nothing but gratuitous displays of kittens.

13 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Define crucial? He has no penis, that is a certainty. A brief look a wiki indicates that no penis with balls intact produces extreme sexual frustration. Taking all his bits seems like it would have been kinder as without the testicles, libido decreases over time.

Well, he should definitely be able to feel desire and attraction - satisfying it might be another matter. 

3 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

It would be interesting if the writers used this scene as a set up of Theon trying to steal a dragon, you know to "man up"

I don't think Theon is coming anywhere near a dragon in the books, at least not anytime soon. Changing one of the dragon riders sounds like too big a change. Unless Vic actually gets one I suppose. 

I am solely thinking in show, it may be way of giving Theon a glorious ending show wise, dying at the hands of a dragon.  Being pulled away from Westeros would indicate his Westeros story is mostly done in the books. 

The main point of the Volantis scene was to whitewash the Yara and Theon, and all the Ironborn who joined them. 

The show wanted to give Yara And Theon the Victarion storyline from the books.  But Victarion was allied to Euron, just planning to betray him.  Also, Victorian was going to steal Dany and the dragons. 

Are we suppose to forget what Yara and Theon did to the North.  They invaded and pillaged the North, while raping, killing , and enslaving the citizens.  The Ironborn wouldn't even need to go to Volantis to hook up with sex slaves, because they would already have their own (Salt wives).  In Volantis, the Ironborn would have sold any captives they had, or would have just raided Volantis, and stolen the slaves. 

Funny, we are suppose to hate Ramsey for flaying the Ironborn he captured at Winterfell and Moat Cailin, but in reality, those Ironborn got what the deserved for what they did to the North. 

1 hour ago, Simbacca said:

Funny, we are suppose to hate Ramsey for flaying the Ironborn he captured at Winterfell and Moat Cailin, but in reality, those Ironborn got what the deserved for what they did to the North. 

I don't think flaying Ironborn is why folks hate Ramsey. It prob'ly has more to do with his rapes, murders, torture, hunting humans as prey, feeding people to his dogs, flaying old women... you know, stuff like that

On June 7, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Misnthropia said:

Asha's scene with Theon makes perfect sense. If you are going to be a burden, just kill yourself and retain some scrap of dignity.

Asha's sexuality. Look, I dont care. However, the cynic in me says its been done to pander to a certain loud minority of complainer.

People are forgetting that she’s a pirate, and how pirates were notoriously opportunistic about shagging irrespective of target gender.

I personally really enjoyed this scene. Making Yara a lesbian or Bi? Well I'd prefer if she was the same as in the books and we got the guy she slept with in the books something the maid but oh well. These two actors are so good that I love them in every scene they do. I love how Alfie Allen can play Theon slipping into Reek and the way that Yara shows how much she loves her brother.And possibly the only person who has ever loved Theon. I thought that this was important to show. We may have wanted Theon to stay in Westeros with Sansa but he was not safe there and now he is with his family and someone who truly cares about him. And I really love Yara's fun-loving nature. 

On 6/8/2016 at 0:24 AM, JMJ said:

Just as importantly, how the eff did Yasha's entire fleet make it so quickly to Volantis? I know Littlefinger has his transporter, but to get the entire fleet there in a moments...

Euron equipped those ships with hyperdrives that he found in the ruins of old Valyria.

Archived