Who did Sansa write to, because my first thought was not LF.

Gertrude

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

Wow. Helpful. :rolleyes:

Glad to help :) The show isn't made of some lines and fighting scenes. There are visual and musical motifs almost in every scene on top of unspoken information that's written in the script which's delivered through character mimics, jests and the atmosphere itself... If you try to watch the show like reading a book or going to an action movie, you'll find yourself wondering about questions such as why the sky is not blue enough or for whom the letter was written for...

Or maybe I don't pay as close attention to musical motifs as I should, or am only half watching the show because ... well. because I am not enthralled with it. I get what you're saying, but you don't have to be a jerk just because you can. You must have a lot of friends :)

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

Or maybe I don't pay as close attention to musical motifs as I should, or am only half watching the show because ... well. because I am not enthralled with it. I get what you're saying, but you don't have to be a jerk just because you can. You must have a lot of friends :)

Well I have because i'm 27, I have enough money to live without working (but I'm not rich), I'm considered highly intelligent and good looking (but I haven't been with a girl in the last few years largely because I get bored quick and I'm too lazy for serious relationships) and I haven't read a single book since I don't know when :) Did I mention I'm also a bit megalomaniac?

In light of this you have every right to call me a jerk. But I don't speak harsh truths to people's face because of ethical rules, social structure etc. unless they're close friends of mine. You're just a victim of sharing your thoughts on a virtual realm. I'm truly sorry :(

3 hours ago, permaximum said:

Some viewers are too stupid to understand the simplest of scenes.  The soundtrack "Take Charge of Your Life" which includes Stark's and LF's theme bits in it started to play in that scene when Sansa saw a "bird". LF's sigil is a "mocking-bird". Also, that's the soundtrack that plays almost everytime when Sansa and LF are together in a scene. 

I think that's a bit of a stretch to call viewers stupid. The majority of the audience have been trained to pick up on visual cues, not musical.

The problem for Sansa will be not the asking LF to help but afterwards the battle. If she really doesn't tell anything to Jon about LF at all before the battle I imagine Jon's reaction to it after the battle ends. He risked everything to help her, asked the people who owed nothing to Sansa to die for her. And by not telling anything to Jon she will be responsible to thousands of deaths in Jon's army. I think that will demolish all the possible relationship Sansa and Jon could have together and that will be her death sentence, not in this season but in one of the next seasons.

9 minutes ago, solomon585858 said:

The problem for Sansa will be not the asking LF to help but afterwards the battle. If she really doesn't tell anything to Jon about LF at all before the battle I imagine Jon's reaction to it after the battle ends. He risked everything to help her, asked the people who owed nothing to Sansa to die for her. And by not telling anything to Jon she will be responsible to thousands of deaths in Jon's army. I think that will demolish all the possible relationship Sansa and Jon could have together and that will be her death sentence, not in this season but in one of the next seasons.

Sansa death sentence? I think not.

Strained relationship at the hand of Littlefinger after he tells Jon he offered Sansa 40,000 fresh troops of the Vale prior to their recruitment voyage? Likely.

The only way Sansa could shut Littlefinger's mouth about this fact is to either:

A. marry him and convince everyone else it's true love so he can lay claim to the North with her

OR

B. kill Littlefinger after the Battle of the Bastards.

I'm hoping for Option B for Sansa and she remembers her lessons from King's Landing. Cersei tells Sansa of a woman's true "weapon" and she uses this knowledge to play LF. The other lesson from the death of Sir Dontos as that was LF's way of shutting him up for good. 

2 hours ago, permaximum said:

Well I have because i'm 27, I have enough money to live without working (but I'm not rich), I'm considered highly intelligent and good looking (but I haven't been with a girl in the last few years largely because I get bored quick and I'm too lazy for serious relationships) and I haven't read a single book since I don't know when :) Did I mention I'm also a bit megalomaniac?

In light of this you have every right to call me a jerk. But I don't speak harsh truths to people's face because of ethical rules, social structure etc. unless they're close friends of mine. You're just a victim of sharing your thoughts on a virtual realm. I'm truly sorry :(

What, in the actual f@ck?  

She writing to LF.

proof:http://imgur.com/a/p2mfe

Anyway the reason why these theories are starting to annoy because the number of people who always think the show is trying to trick them when the show never pulls these tricks, the fake Shaggydog, Stannis is not actually dead, Gendry is the beautiful boy, etc, etc.  

The show is very straightforward, what you see is what you get. Sansa is writing to LF.

It's pretty obvious that she wrote to Littlefinger.

Spoiler

We know the Vale army is going to show up during the battle and save the day.

It seems like some Sansa fans here really doesn't want her to be dependent on Littlefinger anymore and are trying to find any other receiver for the letter even though it doesn't really makes sense for it to be someone else.  And as a Sansa fan myself, I don't want her to be dependent on Littlefinger either, and hopefully she kills him by the end of the season. But c'mon, not everything is going to be some unexpected twist, and they clearly set up the Littlefinger scene and her keeping it from Jon for a reason. I guess the other option is Sweetrobin, but Littlefinger is obviously gonna find out about it and be at the head of the Vale army anyway.

I think the letter was to the Cerwyns or Manderlys.  One will show up next episode and bring the other.  We will have our official Manderly speech and the North will rally to Jon and declare him King in the North. Now the question is how will Sansa bring LF and the Vale into things?

I would rather it wasn't Littlefinger, but it has to be, nothing else makes sense. Sansa doesn't need another 62 battle weary men, she needs an army. Jon wants to march immediately so Sansa can't wait for troops to be assembled or worse yet a denial via raven.. she needs her army now. Only Littlefinger has an army at the ready and at her disposal. The Knights of the Vale will ride for Winterfell. The real question is, how does she explain to Jon why she held back this information?

I think Sansa will keep LF army hidden from Jon because Jon would not approve it. When they appear Sansa will say simply that they needed to win, and to win this had to happen. Jon will of course have to accept it.

The entire point of the scene was not having enough men and even those men were fighting eachother. When Sansa saw a "bird" he remembered Petyr through his sigil mocking-"bird" while the Littlefinger and Sansa theme which has been used since season 4 started to play in the background.

It's 100% Baelish and it was never confusing. And these people blame the show for lazy writing and plot holes. Pure comedy :D 

I think it's clear it's to Littlefinger, but the better question is "why". It's not like LF to just ride in with his army and join forces to beat the Boltons. He's not a fighter, he has told us as much. The real story here is whether or not Sansa knows this. Is she being typical Sansa and offering up something in return for absolutely nothing other than being double-crossed, and it's going to end up costing her her family? That's the pattern, right? 

Orrrrrrrr ...

Is Sansa finally playing the game? Safe to say that her existence on the series would be a total waste if she's just simply inviting LF's army to join her without some underlying scheme that's going to end up screwing LF. 

My first thought had actually been Yohn Royce, didn't he swear to protect her? Buy LF would make a lot of sense from the cues we received.

I agree that the Knights of the Vale showing up after the battle has been mostly won through the efforts of the wildlings or lost because of few men would be pretty huge deal in her relationship with Jon, the free folk and the Northern houses that helped it, since she threw away men seemingly for pride and the ones who paid are people who have been fighting and suffering for the last few years and not sitting in castle and getting married to traitors (view which I don't agree, but might be of everyone else who doesn't know what happened to her just the marriage highlights, marring two theoretical heirs to LP).

She ends up with a fresh army, but I very much doubt anyone would trust her after it comes out she lied (which LF would be sure to tell)

Archived