Who did Sansa write to, because my first thought was not LF.

Gertrude

29 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

hahaha Yes I know that. You said  "But she is not the lady of WF, Bran is" which implies that Bran is the Lady of Winterfell ;). I am guessing you meant Lord? 

My bad, I thought part about Bran not being lady of WF was a joke and part about Bran being boy was serious, because he is cripple probably has huge mental issues after Hodor thing and  is young thus unable to rule North and I am sure at least someone think that Sansa should lead North.

Sorry again. :)

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but could she be writing to Theon? She knows Theon regrets what he did and could be willing to help the Starks get Winterfell back.

But I think it was The Blackfish because we've been hearing a lot about him. And with Jaime there, maybe something will come of that.

I hope it's not Littlefinger. She's better than that. Or should be, anyway.

Just now, dariopatke said:

My bad, I thought part about Bran not being lady of WF was a joke and part about Bran being boy was serious, because he is cripple probably has huge mental issues after Hodor thing and  is young thus unable to rule North and I am sure at least someone think that Sansa should lead North.

Sorry again. :)

Hahah no problem. I was just being a smart ass in the first comment. If somehow Bran makes himself known south of the wall, I can see more northern lords rallying to Sansa's side. But I am unsure if that will actually play out, 

Clearly something is going to happen, because I don't think for a moment that the Snow Squad is losing the battle. I think the Vale knights arriving after the battle starts would be "LotR-ish", but Manderly arriving is a little different since we have no idea what they feel (in the show). 

One thing I may question: If LF is not lying and the Vale knights are at Moat Cailin, how did they manage to pass the twins? That is what seems off. I would be very surprised if the Vale arrived. But Manderly swooping in seems to make much more sense. WH is closer, and aside from presumably a few Bolton scouting parties, nothing stands between WH and Winterfell. I think LF lied to Sansa to save his own ass with Brienne standing nearby. 

Just now, Sheena said:

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but could she be writing to Theon? She knows Theon regrets what he did and could be willing to help the Starks get Winterfell back.

But I think it was The Blackfish because we've been hearing a lot about him. And with Jaime there, maybe something will come of that.

She doesn't really know where Theon is. She is probably writing LF, who is probably dining with Ramsay as she is in camp with Jon.... 

Just now, JonisHenryTudor said:

Hahah no problem. I was just being a smart ass in the first comment. If somehow Bran makes himself known south of the wall, I can see more northern lords rallying to Sansa's side. But I am unsure if that will actually play out, 

Clearly something is going to happen, because I don't think for a moment that the Snow Squad is losing the battle. I think the Vale knights arriving after the battle starts would be "LotR-ish", but Manderly arriving is a little different since we have no idea what they feel (in the show). 

One thing I may question: If LF is not lying and the Vale knights are at Moat Cailin, how did they manage to pass the twins? That is what seems off. I would be very surprised if the Vale arrived. But Manderly swooping in seems to make much more sense. WH is closer, and aside from presumably a few Bolton scouting parties, nothing stands between WH and Winterfell. I think LF lied to Sansa to save his own ass with Brienne standing nearby. 

LF is absolutely going to ride in and save the day.  The show has specifically given him control of the Vale army...there is no reason to do that unless he's going to use that army.  The only place he can use the army is WF, even if you haven't read any spoilers.

I have no idea what they're going to do with the Manderlys, or why they have name dropped them so many times but still not met them yet, probably have Manderly be the only pro Stark house and then die in the next scene.

2 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

One thing I may question: If LF is not lying and the Vale knights are at Moat Cailin, how did they manage to pass the twins? That is what seems off.

You don't have to pass through the Twins to reach the North.

1 minute ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

She doesn't really know where Theon is. She is probably writing LF, who is probably dining with Ramsay as she is in camp with Jon.... 

Ah I guess that's true. I was thinking of ravens as like owls, forgetting that they basically are trained to a geographical location, right?

I just don't want it to be Littlefinger. I hate that guy.

4 minutes ago, Sheena said:

Ah I guess that's true. I was thinking of ravens as like owls, forgetting that they basically are trained to a geographical location, right?

I just don't want it to be Littlefinger. I hate that guy.

I agree about LF, and I would rather see the northern houses rally around Sansa instead of the Vale arriving with Don Juan to save the day.... 

There is another possibility, which I think will occur regardless. That is that Jon arrives, and at some point the Umbers turn on Ramsay (alla Battle of Northampton). Well...we will find out soon enough. Episode 9 is the battle.  

8 hours ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

2) How do they get past the Twins with two armies there?

There are two armies, Jaime's and Frey's at Riverrun.  There are multiple ways to cross the rivers, and the most common one is on the King's Road, at the Ruby Ford.  Robb's crossing at the Twins was to get to the west side of the river, to Riverrun, and not run directly into Tywin coming north on the King's Road. Travel between Moat Calin and the Vale does not cross a river that is mapped, or pass near any castles (can't really tell how close Darry is to the Crossroads Inn). 

39 minutes ago, Sheena said:

She's better than what, exactly? 

Using her power and position to try and gain access to her only source of more men for the impending siege ahead? 

Not only was this the most logical move for Sansa to make, but it's also pretty much the only move? 

Sending word to the Blackfish? He's under siege himself. 

Sending word to Theon? He's not even there anymore. 

44 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Completly agree about Bran and Manderlys.

Twins are not on Kingsroad so they could pass, you have to pass Twins if you are going north from West, Reach and Riverrun (western part of Westeros) and we saw in this ep that they dont pay much attention on whats going on around them. Yes, I dont see Ramsay letting Vale army to pass Moat Caillin (it seems logic that he is angry about Sansa) and it is impregnable from south so I will find it really annoying if he conquers Moat Caillin. Ramsay is a lot of things but he is not an idiot who would leave MC undefended. Manderlys just makes sense. 

Oh and abiut Manderlys could easily reach WF because Ramsay may think they are on his side (he does have support from 2 of 3 most powerful houses in North), if I am Ramsay I would be on top of the world at that point and accept their alleigance (kinda similar to Roose in DwD, accept them but be careful). Also if he accepted Smalljon he would easily accept everyone.

6 minutes ago, Facebookless Man said:

The most logical move was for her to accept his help last episode then, when the Vale army comes, tell Robin and Royce what LF did to her and have him hanged.

This is just the writers bending the story backwards so that the vilest characters can continue to fuck it in the ass.

Indeed.

So, she must be stupid that she thought she could tell LF to fuck off w/out having any idea of the manpower that would be available to her to take back her home like the badass she has become.....

The smart thing would have been to keep him on the hook...in case she would need him in future, that's what a "player" would have done, not tell him to fuck off and then has to turn around and write him a letter begging for his help a couple days later.

And of course she will not have him hanged because he's got to stick around probably midway of next year....

Or, a smart person would have simply had Brienne kill him, then she can write to Royce and explain it was LF that kidnapped her and she was wrong about him.  She gets the Vale army that way too since they've wanted to help the Starks from the beginning.

I do believe the letter is to Robin or LF to get the Knights of the Vale. However, I did consider an alternative; maybe the letter is to Ramsay.

She might be egging him on with a Pink Letter of her own. She could be trying to get him to face Jon in single combat or she could be trying to draw Ramsay out to attack the Vale armies thinking she is with them.

Someone else pointed out that the ravens are Mormont's and that she probably wouldn't have one that would reach the Vale and very unlikely that it could get to LF on the march. I personally think the show writers probably didn't think that far ahead, but it could be another indicator that the raven is going to Ramsay.

"The timelines between the various storylines don’t necessarily line up within a given episode. For instance, the “Northern Tour” Jon and Sansa embark on would probably take a couple weeks, but Arya’s storyline over the past few episodes only spans a few days. We realized awhile ago that if we tied ourselves in knots trying to make all the “story days” line up between all the characters the momentum would suffer. "

-implying it actually needs to be explained to viewers and is not simply common sense.

Some viewers are too stupid to understand the simplest of scenes.  The soundtrack "Take Charge of Your Life" which includes Stark's and LF's theme bits in it started to play in that scene when Sansa saw a "bird". LF's sigil is a "mocking-bird". Also, that's the soundtrack that plays almost everytime when Sansa and LF are together in a scene. 

What's the next thread? I bet it will be something about if the sky's really blue in the show or something else.

58 minutes ago, permaximum said:

Some viewers are too stupid to understand the simplest of scenes.  The soundtrack "Take Charge of Your Life" which includes Stark's and LF's theme bits in it started to play in that scene when Sansa saw a "bird". LF's sigil is a "mocking-bird". Also, that's the soundtrack that plays almost everytime when Sansa and LF are together in a scene. 

What's the next thread? I bet it will be something about if the sky's really blue in the show or something else.

Wow. Helpful. :rolleyes:

Archived