Who did Sansa write to, because my first thought was not LF.

Gertrude

1 hour ago, Rory Snow said:

The Knights of the Vale seem a rather noble crew, and they have no love for Littlefinger. Remember, Robin Arryn specifically sent the knights north to aid Sansa. At the first hint of a double cross by Baelish I would expect a Bronze Yonn led mutiny to remove Petyr's head. The Stark s shall have Winterfell.

Thank you.  Bronze Yohn is  no fool and he has already seen what LF is capable of.

I don't know if this has been discussed here, but a guy from reddit zoomed in on some frames and managed to figure out what the letter says:

[…] to protect me. Now you have a chance to fulfill your promise. […] Knights of the Vale are under your command. Ride north for Winterfell. Lend us your aid and I shall see to it that you are well rewarded.

So she did indeed write to Littlefinger.

On 6/6/2016 at 3:10 PM, JonisHenryTudor said:

I agree about LF, and I would rather see the northern houses rally around Sansa instead of the Vale arriving with Don Juan to save the day.... 

There is another possibility, which I think will occur regardless. That is that Jon arrives, and at some point the Umbers turn on Ramsay (alla Battle of Northampton). Well...we will find out soon enough. Episode 9 is the battle.  

I had a dream that maybe she was writing to the Umbers, knowing that they were Stark loyal. I don't know if that's plausible. But they focused on the Stark of Sansa Stark at the end of the letter. If they know Starks are coming, maybe they can plan whatever they plan. I'm pretty sure the Umbers are still on the Starks side anyway. But I don't know. That'd be a leap since she doesn't really know the Umbers all that much, I don't think.

I'm amused that this thread contains 8 pages and multiple links to the screenshot of the letter and people are still posting that it wasn't written to LF.

People want so badly for Sansa to become powerful independent of Baelish they eschew logic and reason.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:20 AM, Forlong the Fat said:

Look at a map. They had no need to go anywhere near the Twins. Their  best route would be to sail across The Bite. But even if they marched the wouldn't go past The Twins. 

That's what I thought as well.  Geographically I don't think they even have to go past the twins.  I think it is Moat Cailin that people are thinking of as the barrier.

Even if the Freys were aware, they've got bigger fish to fry (pun very much intended), Littlefinger dealing with the north was sanctioned by the crown, and the marriage allegiance that the whole Red Wedding deal was based upon has ended with Frey's daughter and grandson being fed to dogs.  I don't really think Walder is supposed to know about that exactly, but at the very least I should think that the news of Roose's death and Ramsay's takeover would travel fast.

Ultimately if it doesn't directly affect the Freys, I don't think they care too much about what is going on.

On 6/6/2016 at 9:57 AM, TheSerb said:

There was far too much emphasis on Sansa writing the letter for it to be intended to such minor characters like the Cerwyns. If she was sending them a letter, they'd handwave it. But this letter is very important.

agree.  I don't think that we're going to rest all the dramatic payoff of this moment on a reveal of the Cerwyns.

Which, of course, why I was hoping it wasn't Littlefinger. It would be Sansa actually doing something on her own, using knowledge gained at Winterfell and swaying a house to their side by herself. My bad, forgot this was the show. Was hoping the Vale would show up a la Stannis at the Wall rather than Sansa come crawling back to him. (not that using his army is crawling back, but using it after sending him away and failing to do anything useful on her own is)

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

Which, of course, why I was hoping it wasn't Littlefinger. It would be Sansa actually doing something on her own, using knowledge gained at Winterfell and swaying a house to their side by herself. My bad, forgot this was the show. Was hoping the Vale would show up a la Stannis at the Wall rather than Sansa come crawling back to him. (not that using his army is crawling back, but using it after sending him away and failing to do anything useful on her own is)

Sansa's big mistake was sending Littlefinger away in the first place. She had the upper hand when meeting him, he owed her big time and they both knew it. If she simply bitched him out yet accepted LF's help, all would have been even and they could each go their merry way after the battle. Now, she'll owe him for his help, if the letter translations are accurate, she even tells LF he'll be rewarded. She screwed this up in a huge way, and that doesn't even account for having to admit to keeping secrets from Jon.

10 hours ago, Sigrid said:

agree.  I don't think that we're going to rest all the dramatic payoff of this moment on a reveal of the Cerwyns.

Yeah, considering that, even as a book reader, I had to look up who they were. It's definitely LF.

It has been confirmed that she wrote LF. That was the whole purpose of failing to recruit northern forces so that Sansa would be forced to go back to LF and ask for his help. That is why they sacrificed Jon and Sansa as having any brains and why the North suddenly forgot that it was the Bolton's that betrayed the North and cost thousands of northmen their lives. The whole scroll is online somewhere but basically it says - you have an opportunity to redeem yourself, come help us out and I will reward you. The last part is really interesting because I wonder what Sansa is going to reward LF with. Marriage? egads...I don't like where this is going.

It's so cliche, blackwater: Tywin and Tyrells to the rescue, Wildling vs. Crows: Stannis to the rescue, now Jon vs. Ramsey: LF w/the Vale to the rescue.  How about changing it up?  I hate this story turn, because I can almost deal with the Vale coming in, if Sansa hadn't lied about it.  If Jon's forces are depleted by a lot when the Vale finally comes in, it's Sansa's fault for not allowing LF in earlier. It's just, ugh!  

Archived