Jaime turning on Brienne

Jaime4Brienne

9 minutes ago, Trump the Builder said:

From reading posts on here about the books, it seems like most people felt the Blackfish would surrender and leave Riverrun - most likely to help Sansa in the north.  However, after seeing his attitude in the past episode, I find it hard to believe that he will just pack up and run.  He seemed pretty adamant that he will not give up that castle without giving his life.  Something major would have to happen for him to change his mind.

I agree. I think Riverrun falls and he either dies or "presumed dead"

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

Lets not forget that in the book the Blackfish escapes without a fight. No reason to believe that can't happen again in the show. I mean, the book offer was to let his men take the black while he surrenders(escapes). Brienne will let the Blackfish know about Sansa and Jon and the WW(I hope) and he will arrange the truce with Jaime. This would keep Jaime and Brienne from fighting.

In the book Blackfish escapes and it feels like he is up to something - either joining LS with BwB or trying to free Jayne/Edmure. Here he has nothing to plot for, they removed LS part of the story and his feelings of Edmure are much worse than that in the books, so his story is done. They will kill him off or make it unclear if he survived the fall of Riverrun.

Also the Jaime redemption arc died in Dorne.  He is back to being what he was before meeting Brianne. I doubt they will fight but I think, based on trailers, that he will let her try to convince Blackfish to leave and then attacks Riverrun and Blackfish sends Brianne off to Sansa ahead of battle.

TV Jaime still might get his redemption arc again, but not before Tommen dies and Cersei burns everything down.

12 hours ago, Jaime4Brienne said:

I am SO sad at the thought of this. They have taken Jaime's redemption arc and...well basically they forgot all about it last season and it's like the whole trip with Brienne never happened.

I AGREE 100% and it's so infuriating. I hate what they've done with his character. They completely destroyed so much amazing character development. I loved Jaime's redemption arc. It made me really love his character. Now, I'm so angry every time he's on screen. He completely fell back into being a completely one dimensional prick. They took away all of his depth and every single redeeming quality about him. I hate it so much.

5 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

Brienne represents Jaime's redemption arc, whereas Cersei represents his tainted past. 

I love that the show is trying to play both of those angles to his character against one another. 

My prediction = Cersei, who is beginning to really lose it at King's Landing, is going to inevitably unleash the hound, which will cause chaos, and that will lead to (somehow) Tommen dying (probably Marg as well). 

In her grief, Cersei will lose it, and do something silly - probably burn down King's Landing with Wildfire ? (Remember - In Bran's vision montage, we saw a Wildfire explosion, even though we know that Jaime stopped the Mad King before the wildfire was lit: foreshadowing?). 

Jaime, realizing what Cersei has become, will tragically but out of necessity, kill Cersei, completing his redemption arc, eliminating Cersei from the picture, and leaving the Iron Throne vacant for whoever eventually wins it in the show's end game. 

this sounds right to me

Jaime was talking to Edmure in the preview when he said he would kill every Tully to get back to Cersei, I still hold out hope his redemption arc will play out, but probably not until Tommen is dead and Cersei loses her mind.

5 hours ago, Masha said:

I agree. I think Riverrun falls and he either dies or "presumed dead"

In the book Blackfish escapes and it feels like he is up to something - either joining LS with BwB or trying to free Jayne/Edmure. Here he has nothing to plot for, they removed LS part of the story

Did they? :uhoh:

2 hours ago, DJE said:

Jaime was talking to Edmure in the preview when he said he would kill every Tully to get back to Cersei, I still hold out hope his redemption arc will play out, but probably not until Tommen is dead and Cersei loses her mind.

His arc would go full circle then, circling back to his original claim to fame of assassinating raving pyromaniacal monarchs.

The best end to the Siege is to convince the blackfish that he and his army can be better used at winterfell fighting for Jon and Sansa (once they take the North he can come back for RR.  Than they need to convince the Freys and Jaime that allowing the BF to leave with his Army is worth to avoid the attrition of a long siege. They get RR back without anybody dying.

It is the only solution I see because there is no use for the Blackfish without his army.

4 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

His arc would go full circle then, circling back to his original claim to fame of assassinating raving pyromaniacal monarchs.

It's like everything from the last seasons didn't happen he is still the same Jaime from S1E1. Except for the long hair.

Jamie hasn't been watching the last 2 seasons. Brienne killed the hound or so we thought in ep 10 season 4. Stannis in ep 10 season 5. Jamie dies in ep 10 season 6 at the hands of Brienne...  Only 13 episodes left. No time to continue the Lannister storyline. It's time for dragons and WW's. By trimming 2 of the 3 biggest payrolls from the budget they can afford to show the epic battles to come maybe even add in a giant Wolfpack led by Ghost and Nym...  So I'm all for Jamie and Cersei checking out this season.  One hand Jamie can't beat anybody anymore in a fight. And Cersei and her scheming will come to a wildfire crescendo. Time to move on to the real War. 

What exactly did you people think Jaime would've done if Blackfish hadn't surrendered? Do you think he'd be like "I'm a good guy now, so I guess I'll leave"? He would've attacked Riverrun, and killed everyone inside.

I honestly believe Jaime in the books will revert back to his old self. It will be caused by Brienne's betrayal.

15 hours ago, The Water Dancerr said:

I AGREE 100% and it's so infuriating. I hate what they've done with his character. They completely destroyed so much amazing character development. I loved Jaime's redemption arc. It made me really love his character. Now, I'm so angry every time he's on screen. He completely fell back into being a completely one dimensional prick. They took away all of his depth and every single redeeming quality about him. I hate it so much.

I dont think Jamie is one dimensional. He reminds of Sandor Clegane with their mutual disdain for 'honour' and how society comes to recognize good and bad. Jamie is chided as a kingslayer and oathbreaker, for actions that saved an entire city. He put forward the question to Brienne in the bath, as to what would she do if Renly ordered her to do something so unjust, which was the moment Brienne came to understand Jamie on a deeper level. 

He was certainly humbled having his hand cut off, which made him very emotional. However, he isnt naive, and understands how the game is played, and his reverting back to this old self is his way to remain with Cersei. Only consolidating his position as the most powerful lord in Westeros, and bringing the crown (Tommen) back into Cersei's grasp, will give him a life with Cersei. Which really, is all he wants.  

16 hours ago, The Water Dancerr said:

The problem is that in the show Jaime is still in love with Cersei.  In the books, this starts disintegrating a long time before.

A big mistake, IMO, was having Tyrion and Jaime depart on good terms.  Tyrion telling Jaime that Cersei was cheating on him was huge, and that combined with the fact Jaime had left KL a long time ago contribute to Jaime realizing that even though he deeply loves Cersei, that she really only uses him and doesn't really love him.  This was all out of the show, and Jaime stays in KL for a lot longer - and despite leaving for Dorne, there's no character development in the show for Jaime in Dorne.  So now here we are for the most part ahead of where the books are, but Jaime is still in love with Cersei, oblivious to her betrayals.

Show Jaime is somewhat insufferable for me (and most book readers), because Jaime's character arc in the books is so great.  For show watchers only, I'm sure he's an interesting character who they've come to like a bit... but it's really not the same.  After all, Jaime hasn't really changed that much in the show.  Yes he has a little more humility than in the beginning but that's about it.  I don't know where they are going with this on the show.  I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Jaime in love with Cersei and never changed that.  After all in the preview for Ep. #8, it looks like he really wants to go back to KL to save Cersei - which is precisely what he doesn't want to do in the books when he burns the letter he receives from Cersei and keeps going about his business in the Riverlands.

I really love both the books and the show, and am ok with most differences.  That said, the way the show has changed Jaime and left him so relatively undeveloped, has been maybe my largest disappointment.

16 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Yep. And I hope he doesn't. 

This. I am so glad to be spared an entire season of Jaime moping around the Riverlands feeling sorry for himself. Jaime's 'redemption arc' is basically Jaime going slowly insane with hate, jealousy and self-pity. He and Tyrion are pretty much the same person in the books right now, and nobody's claiming Tyrion's drunken ramblings about whores is redemption. The show doesn't get Jaime quite right, but I will be forever grateful for the omission of the phrase "Lancel, Kettleblack and Moonboy for all I know". Also "where do whores go" - Lannister boys do depression in the most irritating and repetitive way possible, so I'm all for skipping through it and having them both remain somewhat well-adjusted.

My thoughts for the past 5 years since reading ADWD and meeting that hooded woman with the Brotherhood has been....

Spoiler

that Brienne and Jaime will be brought to LSH and given a choice: Serve the North or hang.  I'll admit the fact that LSH won't be in the show...

...but I still see a glimmer of hope here that can bring Jaime back to Sansa's cause.  That hope being Brienne.

Also - when Brienne explains the situation to Jaime.. she better mention Jon's role. After their season 1 exchange at Winterfell, I've hoped they would be able to cross paths again at some point.  I'll settle though just for mention of their current state of affairs.  

-I believe it's edmure that Jamie is talking to. The editing of the trailer only makes it look like he's talking to Brienne.

-there is a shot of pod and Brienne escaping on a boat.I believe blackfish will send half of his force with Brieene to help Sansa. Then he will stay back and as he said "I'm prepared to die in this castle"

14 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Did they? :uhoh:

I'll be EXTREMELY surprised if LS makes her appearance now. Especially since George himself confirmed within last month that she won't be making the appearance in the show. And the best time for her to appear, has come and gone.   Right now it would be just Hound slaughtering BwB

Archived