Jaime turning on Brienne

Jaime4Brienne

3 hours ago, The Answer said:

My thoughts for the past 5 years since reading ADWD and meeting that hooded woman with the Brotherhood has been....

Hide contents

that Brienne and Jaime will be brought to LSH and given a choice: Serve the North or hang.  I'll admit the fact that LSH won't be in the show...

...but I still see a glimmer of hope here that can bring Jaime back to Sansa's cause.  That hope being Brienne.

Also - when Brienne explains the situation to Jaime.. she better mention Jon's role. After their season 1 exchange at Winterfell, I've hoped they would be able to cross paths again at some point.  I'll settle though just for mention of their current state of affairs.  

Jaime as he is right now in the show, won't be changed just be brief appearance by Brianne. I think he will join Jon & North to fight WW BUT only after being shocked by Cersei (her burning KL)

35 minutes ago, ToTheWolves said:

-I believe it's edmure that Jamie is talking to. The editing of the trailer only makes it look like he's talking to Brienne.

-there is a shot of pod and Brienne escaping on a boat.I believe blackfish will send half of his force with Brieene to help Sansa. Then he will stay back and as he said "I'm prepared to die in this castle"

Yes, I agree, after checking out screenshots of trailer I believe its Edmure being threatened by Jaime. (I think pregnant Roslyn will be used as a threat). 

Another picture shows Brianne looking back shocked. I think its fighting in Riverrun going badly.

On 6/6/2016 at 5:54 AM, Mr Smith said:

I don't think the bit where Brienne is talking to Jamie and the one where he is talking about Cersei are the same scene. I don't think it's Brienne he's talking to in the second part either, we don't know what the context of any of that is. I think it's premature to suggest that conflict is coming between Jamie and Brienne (though it's certainly not premature to mourn Jamie's redemption arc). Give it time; for me, everything in Riverrun so far has shown promise.

I believe he's yelling at Bronn which HOPEFULLY opens the door for "she fooooked Lancel" and the end of Cersei/Jaime

For me, of all characters ruined (Stannis, Doran to name but a few) Jamie's was the most pertinent, many of us enjoyed his redemption arc which has been completely removed from the show, I know that he is not a stereotypical hero and of course has his faults but it really irritates me every week watching him run around like Cersei's lapdog. Every week I wait for him to distance himself from her but instead the show runners have turned it into an 'us against the world' and constantly give us lame superlatives.

I know they are restricted by budget, time, casting and all the rest of it but what on earth gives them the right to completely change characters personalities and traits that were pivotal and intentionally orchestrated by the author. Such a pity. 

1 hour ago, Masha said:

I'll be EXTREMELY surprised if LS makes her appearance now. Especially since George himself confirmed within last month that she won't be making the appearance in the show. And the best time for her to appear, has come and gone.   Right now it would be just Hound slaughtering BwB

Surprise is good. It’s what the showrunners aim for.

5 hours ago, The Answer said:

Also - when Brienne explains the situation to Jaime.. she better mention Jon's role. After their season 1 exchange at Winterfell, I've hoped they would be able to cross paths again at some point.  I'll settle though just for mention of their current state of affairs.

That brings to mind that Jaime is fully capable to recognize Jon's father in his features.  He might let the hammer drop, if he spends any real time with Jon. 

On 6/6/2016 at 4:08 PM, TickTak7 said:

Brienne represents Jaime's redemption arc, whereas Cersei represents his tainted past. 

I love that the show is trying to play both of those angles to his character against one another. 

My prediction = Cersei, who is beginning to really lose it at King's Landing, is going to inevitably unleash the hound, which will cause chaos, and that will lead to (somehow) Tommen dying (probably Marg as well). 

In her grief, Cersei will lose it, and do something silly - probably burn down King's Landing with Wildfire ? (Remember - In Bran's vision montage, we saw a Wildfire explosion, even though we know that Jaime stopped the Mad King before the wildfire was lit: foreshadowing?). 

Jaime, realizing what Cersei has become, will tragically but out of necessity, kill Cersei, completing his redemption arc, eliminating Cersei from the picture, and leaving the Iron Throne vacant for whoever eventually wins it in the show's end game. 

Personally going for something on those lines too 

On 6/6/2016 at 11:45 PM, DJE said:

Jaime was talking to Edmure in the preview when he said he would kill every Tully to get back to Cersei, I still hold out hope his redemption arc will play out, but probably not until Tommen is dead and Cersei loses her mind.

Now, one thought that has crossed my mind, why is he so publicly announcing his love for Cersei given the already ripe rumours of their incest and children's parentage when Tommen's crown clearly was passed to him as a Baratheon?  Is he past caring???  Maybe given the state the realm is in it matters not whether a king is legitimate or not but still...

Gotta have to agree with those disappointed in Jamie character arc.  

It's this bizarre love for Cersei (who is an insufferable c-word btw) that changes him.  Makes him seam a different person than when he is alone making decisions.  

But that's the way they have decided to go.  He still pushed Bran so I'll never really like him. 

Truth is he is at his most likeable when paired with Bronn.  Great duo that. 

Jamie turning on Brienne wouldn't surprise me in the least. Jamie broken every Oath he ever took, why would he ever stop now? He pretty much laid it out to Edmure in Ep8 promo he only cares about Cersei and whats between her legs, thats the only thing that truly matters to him.

I just hope if he does turn on her, she recognizes that the current Lannisters( Besides Tyrion and Kevan ) are crooks and will never change.

If you really go to the source of tWotFK you'll see they really are at the cause of the war.

Yeah its so frustrating to have to watch whatever this is urggh its like the show hates character driven arcs and goes for Michael Bay level spectacle.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:00 AM, tsarrast said:

The problem is that in the show Jaime is still in love with Cersei.  In the books, this starts disintegrating a long time before.

A big mistake, IMO, was having Tyrion and Jaime depart on good terms.  Tyrion telling Jaime that Cersei was cheating on him was huge, and that combined with the fact Jaime had left KL a long time ago contribute to Jaime realizing that even though he deeply loves Cersei, that she really only uses him and doesn't really love him.  This was all out of the show, and Jaime stays in KL for a lot longer - and despite leaving for Dorne, there's no character development in the show for Jaime in Dorne.  So now here we are for the most part ahead of where the books are, but Jaime is still in love with Cersei, oblivious to her betrayals.

Show Jaime is somewhat insufferable for me (and most book readers), because Jaime's character arc in the books is so great.  For show watchers only, I'm sure he's an interesting character who they've come to like a bit... but it's really not the same.  After all, Jaime hasn't really changed that much in the show.  Yes he has a little more humility than in the beginning but that's about it.  I don't know where they are going with this on the show.  I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Jaime in love with Cersei and never changed that.  After all in the preview for Ep. #8, it looks like he really wants to go back to KL to save Cersei - which is precisely what he doesn't want to do in the books when he burns the letter he receives from Cersei and keeps going about his business in the Riverlands.

I really love both the books and the show, and am ok with most differences.  That said, the way the show has changed Jaime and left him so relatively undeveloped, has been maybe my largest disappointment.

I'm right with you, but thanks to the useless detour and Jaime only now at Riverrun, his story is basically 2 books behind present day for a reader... the preview speech we got is in line with what he told Edmure when he "freed" him to return to Riverrun, even in Episode 7 with the dummies threatening to hang him daily.  It will be interesting to see if he brings up returning his child to him (if he has one in the show) with an air lift compliments of a catapult if he doesn't open the gates after he goes inside...

That question, I guess, will only be answered if afterwards Jaime sneaks away to join Brienne to fulfill his oath... and a Lannister Always Pays His Debts........ so I know what my money is on.  Maybe even not sneaking away, but bringing an army behind him.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:49 AM, Jaime4Brienne said:

In next week's preview it looks like Jaime fights Brienne for Cersie. Even if you don't believe that Jaime loves Brienne after all they've been through I could NEVER see him turning on her like that. She saved his life! (and he saved hers). 

I am SO sad at the thought of this. They have taken Jaime's redemption arc and...well basically they forgot all about it last season and it's like the whole trip with Brienne never happened.

If Jaime and Brienne fight each other for Cersie I will be done with this show. (I know a lot of people say that over every little thing but it will be the straw that broke the camel's back).

Same for me

2 hours ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Question?  Does anyone think it's remotely possible that Brienne can convince Jamie to take the Lannister Army to Winterfeel to help Sansa?  It could be a way to bring his redemption. 

At this point in this arc, I don't think Jaime has incentive enough to turn his back on his sister or family name. 

Also - if it was an error, WINTERFEEL might be the greatest thing I've read on these forums LOL

13 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Now, one thought that has crossed my mind, why is he so publicly announcing his love for Cersei given the already ripe rumours of their incest and children's parentage when Tommen's crown clearly was passed to him as a Baratheon?  Is he past caring???  Maybe given the state the realm is in it matters not whether a king is legitimate or not but still...

I think the Kingdom is so messed up now, if Tommen was disposed, who would be next in line? Cersei?

30 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

At this point in this arc, I don't think Jaime has incentive enough to turn his back on his sister or family name. 

Also - if it was an error, WINTERFEEL might be the greatest thing I've read on these forums LOL

lol!  it was an error...  But don't they eventually have to bring him to the same place as in the books?

Archived