Jaime turning on Brienne

Jaime4Brienne

2 hours ago, med1 said:

Brienne goes to RR, convinces the Blackfish to aid his niece, BF and army depart during the night to head North, the next day the siege of RR begins, they notice the castle is empty, they pursue BF north and get there right when the Vale arrives en masse. 

Ramsay dies, Stark's control the North again, Jaime, BF, LF, SS, JS come together, wall comes tumbling down, the combined armies say "uh oh, maybe we should unite", Others waltz in, start killing, Jaime runs off to tell Cersei what happened only to find she blew up the capital.... 

the proverbial poo hits the fan....

Hey... a man has a right to play make believe....

I can see that happening actually. There is a lot of divided loyalties going to be challenged in this episode i believe.

Perhaps I have completely misinterpreted the title too.  Based on the fact that the show has completely unevolved Jaime back to where he was at square one, yes, I believe he would have no trouble turning on Brienne.  Previously the show gave Jaime some time for reflection, a friend, and a new sense of honor.  We could see Jaime re-evaluating his life and his choices.  However, this season, the writers gave us another case of amnesia where Jaime has done none of those things and is back to Cersie's lapdog. 

4 hours ago, Radish Knight said:

...It seems I completely misinterpreted the title....

:lol:

As for the rest : I wouldn't be surprised if Show Jaime decided to storm the castle and slaughter all the Tullys...he's an oathbreaker through and through in the show, not just in the eyes of others...

That would explain Brienne's dejected look on the boat.

I know his redemption arc has been totally forgotten about and he's totally in love with Cersie (!!!) BUT he did give her Oathkeeper, the armor and Podrick. As someone said (upthread maybe?) she's the closest person to him that isn't a relative. If he did her harm it would be a MAJOR thing. I think anyone that thinks just because he's been re-cersie-fied that him betraying Brienne is nothing is totally wrong.

The old guard of Stark-Tully seem to have a monopoly on naivety. 

Both houses would be so better off if it were not Ned, Robb or Edmure as the leaders. 

Catelyn Stark needed to lead House Stark, and her Uncle the Blackfish, House Tulley. 

On 6/8/2016 at 4:42 AM, Morgana Lannister said:

Now, one thought that has crossed my mind, why is he so publicly announcing his love for Cersei given the already ripe rumours of their incest and children's parentage when Tommen's crown clearly was passed to him as a Baratheon?  Is he past caring???  Maybe given the state the realm is in it matters not whether a king is legitimate or not but still...

Of course, that was a pre-view and it was leverage against Edmure, as per books' end result, so sorry, this is moot lol

Archived