Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaime4Brienne

Jaime turning on Brienne

Recommended Posts

On June 6, 2016 at 2:49 AM, Jaime4Brienne said:


If Jaime and Brienne fight each other for Cersie I will be done with this show. (I know a lot of people say that over every little thing but it will be the straw that broke the camel's back).

Please don't be done with the show!!!! Gimme a break with that being the reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfin said:

Please don't be done with the show!!!! Gimme a break with that being the reason

Well they are the only two that I really care about what happens...so what other reason would I have to watch it? Dany and Jon and Ayra and everyone are okay, but those two are the ones I'm invested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are not looking good for Ser Jamie. A showdown with Brienne seems inevitable. Show Brienne has killed a favorite character in the last 2 season finales.  Maybe Bronn will die for Jamie...

Spoiler

In the books a showdown between the two almost seems like a certainty with Brienne leading Jamie to LSH's trap.  He also has a vision/dream where he and Brienne are holding flaming swords and the flame on his sword flames out while her's stays lit.  Could this be foreshadowing of his days being numbered?  GRRM stated he would be cutting down on POV characters...  I think knowing the scenario of either both and Brienne dying, he will allow Brienne to kill him.  That's the books.  Maybe the show is just removing the willing sacrifice and making Jamie the bad guy again so his death will seem justified...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Things are not looking good for Ser Jamie. A showdown with Brienne seems inevitable. Show Brienne has killed a favorite character in the last 2 season finales.  Maybe Bronn will die for Jamie...

  Hide contents

In the books a showdown between the two almost seems like a certainty with Brienne leading Jamie to LSH's trap.  He also has a vision/dream where he and Brienne are holding flaming swords and the flame on his sword flames out while her's stays lit.  Could this be foreshadowing of his days being numbered?  GRRM stated he would be cutting down on POV characters...  I think knowing the scenario of either both and Brienne dying, he will allow Brienne to kill him.  That's the books.  Maybe the show is just removing the willing sacrifice and making Jamie the bad guy again so his death will seem justified...

 

Please, Jaime and Brianne will argue, he will still allow her to enter Riverrun and then Blackfish will have her leave before all hell breaks loose.

She will not actually fight with Jaime or Bronn. However, the show will have Jaime conquer Riverrun and perhaps kill off the remaining Tully's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Masha said:

She will not actually fight with Jaime or Bronn. However, the show will have Jaime conquer Riverrun and perhaps kill off the remaining Tully's

Cat will kill him for sure, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lost all hope for show Jaime since season 5, so if he does turn on Brienne, I won't be surprised. The 'I love Cersei and I'll kill every Tully...' bit from the preview should just be Lannister bravado, but I'm sure D&D will twist it into Larry and Carol against the World. 

I'm hoping I'll be surprised and proved wrong, as the photo of Brienne in front of that Lannister banner gave me JB shipper chills.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Masha said:

Please, Jaime and Brianne will argue, he will still allow her to enter Riverrun and then Blackfish will have her leave before all hell breaks loose.

She will not actually fight with Jaime or Bronn. However, the show will have Jaime conquer Riverrun and perhaps kill off the remaining Tully's

All of what you said will happen next episode. Their showdown will be in the finale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I doubt Jaime and Brienne are going to fight. The show has had the habit of playing up their previews for awhile now, especially this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brienne explicitly told Jamie that if he attacks the Tully's she will be honor bound to fight him.  It definitely looks like Riverrun will be attacked.

Spoiler

Spoilers say the BF is killed or assumed killed.  I personally think he will play the LSH role and will set up the Frey's and possibly Lannister destruction in Episode 10.

Now the only way to remove the blame from Jamie on the attack of Riverrun is to say the Frey's pulled a double cross and did the sneak attack behind Jamie's back...  Then you set up the Brienne/Jamie/LSH(Blackfish in the show) showdown and Jamie will agree to help them sneak into the Frey celebration at the Twins for revenge...  This could maybe get Jamie on his redemption arc and spare him having to be the major character to die by Brienne's hand in the finale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Cat will kill him for sure, then.

GRRM confirmed that Cat/Lady Stoneheart will not make an appearance in the show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

All of what you said will happen next episode. Their showdown will be in the finale.

I am not sure what Brianne will do after Blackfish sends her off right before Riverrun fall. But I doubt it would be to seek out Jaime. she will either attempt to go back North to Sansa or try again to find Arya. If Jaime runs into Brianne accidentally, then its a different story. Like with Stannis, she only got to him because she was close by near Winterfell as battle commenced. However, Brianne did not follow him actively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on... if Lady Stoneheart was going to happen, it would've leaked by now. And I mean we'd have seen pictures and dialogue not just someone getting cute with imdb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Lannister said:

Come on... if Lady Stoneheart was going to happen, it would've leaked by now. And I mean we'd have seen pictures and dialogue not just someone getting cute with imdb.

Why in the world would they shoot such a critical scene with extras in an open field instead of with just lead actors on a closed set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

And Jon Snow is dead.

Next?

Actually, GRRM NEVER said Jon Snow is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Why in the world would they shoot such a critical scene with extras in an open field instead of with just lead actors on a closed set?

Again, come on... even if it was a "closed set" you're still going to have people dressing and putting makeup on the actors. One in particular would require a lot. So you'll need concept pictures of that makeup. You'll need scripts for the actors and producers to be distributed. You'll have sound and lighting people. Probably CGI as well. Then your cameramen and set people. Plus whatever goafers you have running around bringing people coffee, water or whatever. Over a hundred people would end up having access to that "closed set." Furthermore... a similar "closed set" scenario, Benjen's return... was leaked ahead of time. There are really few secrets in a world where you can talk instantaneously to people on the other side and everyone has a camera in their pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Lannister said:

Again, come on... even if it was a "closed set" you're still going to have people dressing and putting makeup on the actors. One in particular would require a lot. So you'll need concept pictures of that makeup. You'll need scripts for the actors and producers to be distributed. You'll have sound and lighting people. Probably CGI as well. Then your cameramen and set people. Plus whatever goafers you have running around bringing people coffee, water or whatever. Over a hundred people would end up having access to that "closed set." Furthermore... a similar "closed set" scenario, Benjen's return... was leaked ahead of time. There are really few secrets in a world where you can talk instantaneously to people on the other side and everyone has a camera in their pocket.

It's a matter of story beats and call-outs, a question of set-up.  And it's all there right in the show we've all been watching. When you rewatch the season once it's all done, you'll smack yourself for not recognizing the signs and portents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

It's a matter of story beats and call-outs, a question of set-up.  And it's all there right in the show we've all been watching. When you rewatch the season once it's all done, you'll smack yourself for not recognizing the signs and portents.

It could be. People have been making this argument since season 3 though. There's foreshadowing and there's people seeing what they want to see between the lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It's a matter of story beats and call-outs, a question of set-up.  And it's all there right in the show we've all been watching. When you rewatch the season once it's all done, you'll smack yourself for not recognizing the signs and portents.

So are you going to smack yourself when it turns out that Lady Stoneheart doesn't' make an appearance ??  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×