Bad writing or fake arya?{spoilers}

ToTheWolves

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

I told you guys. On this show, the answer always is "bad writing". That's why coming up with elaborate theories for the show is a huge waste of time.

LMAO. Even worse writing than I thought, I was giving them credit at least for Arya having done her walk about on purpose to lure out Bobcut...but it was even worse than that, it was exactly what it looked like.  We saw Arya lose to her for 2 years, and then, when the plot demanded it, Avengers Arya wins the day, and poor waif turns out to be an even worse FM than Arya.  

1 hour ago, Direwight said:

So is someone going to do a tally of all the posts where people were sure it's not going to be bad writing because clearly something great was being set up? :rolleyes:

I'll admit to being wrong.  I thought it would only be mediocre writing with a twist that didn't work.

Instead the only twist was that bad soup and a few minutes bedrest can cure heavy internal injuries.

Apparently there are no consequences in Game of Thrones. And apparently there was more thought put into this entire thread than the writing staff put into Season 5-6 Arya.

On 6/7/2016 at 7:45 PM, 14ccKemistk said:

It is not, you will see. Mark my words on this.

Yet another indication of this theory is that Arya wasn't mentioned a single time in the official post show videos and just for a mere half second in the ep. 8 preview even though one of the main characters is apparantly mortally wounded. Why?

Because they don't want us to think too much about it. Which we do anyway.

And we have figured it out: A=W.

I told you this was a dumb theory last week.

Now it looks even dumber reading it back lol. 

They didn't want us thinking about it, because it was a sh*tshow example of poor writing

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Ser Hyle said:

The native species found this out pretty quickly and used it to their advantage. That's a pretty dumb super intelligent species if they didn't see that coming.

This is not like saying "why shoot a man into space where he cannot breathe?" because there is only one space. If there was an alternate space where a man could breathe, I'm sure we'd be exploring that one instead.

If we're accepting the fact there's an advanced alien species that developed without water covering their home planet and capable of intergalactic travel, then it's quite a stretch to believe potential intelligent slave workforces only exist on planets mostly covered in water.

It was a smash and grab job.  It was to late by the time anyone connected the dots.  If they are capable of interstellar travel, I am pretty sure they are capable of shielding themselves from water.  The point is, they did not NEED to.

I would also point out, that they probably came from our own galaxy and they were smart enough to realize it would already be to late before anyone really figured it out on a MASS scale.  Two localized events does not count as the entire world figuring it out (The Father and his family and the Dr.  who killed the Father's wife)  One frickin' alien  was harmed by water.  And I would also bet a good portion of his injuries derived from the baseball bat.

They basically hoodwinked our entire species and got away with it.

I really don't see the point in decrying theorists for having a go at something better.  Why on earth should they 'apologise'?!

Some people enjoy theorising, whether it becomes true or not.  It is part of their entertainment process, engagement.  So be it if their expectations are not met, but to many that's not the whole point of it.

Whoever feels that fan theorists should 'apologise' needs to really check their own arrogance.

How about you read the thread and find out why that was brought up?

Spoiler: it turns out it was one of the "fan theorists" who said those of us who thought "bad writing" was the obvious answer should come back to this thread and apologise to him when his theory was inevitably proven right. He insisted on it, repeatedly and arrogantly.

Turns out we were right and lo, he's nowhere to be found.

So that's one guy, why write 'Dear Everyone [...] have you learned your lesson yet?'  'No they haven't.  Nobody is apologizing, admitting their error, or even changing their mind.'

I theorised, and I was - like many - disappointedly proven wrong; I was never arrogant, so I won't apologise. 

So unless this user's name is 'Everyone', 'they', 'Nobody', or 'their', how about you kindly apologise to everyone else you rudely and needlessly implicated?

Of all the places theorists can go, reddit and this forum are the best - so we will be here.

7 hours ago, Facebookless Man said:

Actually you're not here, you have like 6 posts. You literally came out of the woodwork just to defend honeypotting.

Suit yourself, but you're going to be wrong every single time. Bad Writing is always going to be the answer.

Don't make assumptions.  I've been here a long time, it's 'Josethyne Frost' who's new.

Archived