Outcome of the battle of the bastards[ potential spoilers]

the battle of the bastards is inevitably going to be an episode 9 moment. everybody is expecting jon snow to win, from the stand point of progression of the story , yes this seems like the most likely outcome. But dave & dan prefer shock value over story progression. i think it is very likely that ramsay will end up if not winning the battle at least killing off jon snow for good this time. I will now refer to the two game of thrones trailers for season 6. a quote from Tormund in the second trailer goes like this "i thought he was the man to lead us through the long night and i was wrong." this quote has not been said up to episode 8(the time when i write this). I assume he is talking about jon snow but their is a chance he is going to be talking about Mance raider. it would imply that whoever Tormund is talking about is dead this to me is strong evidence that jon snow dies but maybe wins the battle. jon is fighting against all odds therefore we assume that he is going to win it is a bit of a television trope that the underdog always wins if they are heroic ( this is why show stannis lost :( ). yes it is tedious to see ramsay win but HBO know people 'love' shock value as it gets the show trending on social media. in the books i reckon jon would win GRRM has said that jon will be around to the end. anyone else have thoughts on the outcome?

Do you really think that the show would change the outcome of this battle from the books, knowing how big it is? Saying that they will do this for shock value so twitter lights up makes no sense. The story is the story and changing something this big would likely not make sense, unless GRRM plans to have Jon die at this point also. I see them as losing the battle until the Knights of the Vale show up to save the day at the last minute.

You say that GRRM said Jon is around until the end, do you have a reference?

On 6/6/2016 at 8:55 AM, SGB7777 said:

the battle of the bastards is inevitably going to be an episode 9 moment. everybody is expecting jon snow to win, from the stand point of progression of the story , yes this seems like the most likely outcome. But dave & dan prefer shock value over story progression. i think it is very likely that ramsay will end up if not winning the battle at least killing off jon snow for good this time. I will now refer to the two game of thrones trailers for season 6. a quote from Tormund in the second trailer goes like this "i thought he was the man to lead us through the long night and i was wrong." this quote has not been said up to episode 8(the time when i write this). I assume he is talking about jon snow but their is a chance he is going to be talking about Mance raider. it would imply that whoever Tormund is talking about is dead this to me is strong evidence that jon snow dies but maybe wins the battle. jon is fighting against all odds therefore we assume that he is going to win it is a bit of a television trope that the underdog always wins if they are heroic ( this is why show stannis lost :( ). yes it is tedious to see ramsay win but HBO know people 'love' shock value as it gets the show trending on social media. in the books i reckon jon would win GRRM has said that jon will be around to the end. anyone else have thoughts on the outcome?

There are already season spoilers out there of the outcome of the battle. 

Tormund's Dialogue " "i thought he was the man to lead us through the long night and i was wrong." . it could be in reference to Bran Stark.

Bran not Jon to lead the fight against the white walkers. And tormund gets to say it after the wall comes down in the finale.

According to 2 people who leaked the outcome on reddit

Spoiler

Ramsay and Jon meet across the battlefield. Ramsay releases Rickon and tells him to run toward his brother. As Rickon runs, Ramsay starts shooting arrows up in the air one at a time that keep missing him. Jon starts galloping toward Rickon but just as he reaches him, one of Ramsay's arrow hits him and he dies in Jon's arms. Sansa is the smart one. She tells Jon before the battle that Rickon is already dead.

Jon chooses to imprison Ramsay rather than kill him.

and...

11 hours ago, TheGreenBell said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ramsay and Jon meet across the battlefield. Ramsay releases Rickon and tells him to run toward his brother. As Rickon runs, Ramsay starts shooting arrows up in the air one at a time that keep missing him. Jon starts galloping toward Rickon but just as he reaches him, one of Ramsay's arrow hits him and he dies in Jon's arms. Sansa is the smart one. She tells Jon before the battle that Rickon is already dead.

and...

The only hole I see in this is that the first link and second link contradict themselves...

Spoiler

It was widely believed that Jon just captures Ramsey but does not kill him (like the first link says).  But in the second link, it specifically states that Jon beats the shit out of Ramsey and kills him in the final battle.  

I'm more apt to believe the 2nd link since it was such a detailed account, however.

42 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

The only hole I see in this is that the first link and second link contradict themselves...

Reveal hidden contents

It was widely believed that Jon just captures Ramsey but does not kill him (like the first link says).  But in the second link, it specifically states that Jon beats the shit out of Ramsey and kills him in the final battle.  

I'm more apt to believe the 2nd link since it was such a detailed account, however.

I do too. Though it might be how I want it to happen :P

Spoiler

I'm still hopeful Rickon isn't killed... :(

35 minutes ago, Lady Lyanna Mormont said:

I do too. Though it might be how I want it to happen :P

Reveal hidden contents

I'm still hopeful Rickon isn't killed... :(

I'd rather....

Spoiler

Ghost corner Ramsey and maul him to death.  Or perhaps Jon beat him to near-death, and THEN have Ghost finish the job.  Either way, Ghost needs to be involved :)

1 minute ago, SevasTra82 said:

I'd rather....

Hide contents

Ghost corner Ramsey and maul him to death.  Or perhaps Jon beat him to near-death, and THEN have Ghost finish the job.  Either way, Ghost needs to be involved :)

Spoiler

YAS!!! That would be awesome! I'm just hoping Ghost is kept away from the entire battle and shows up by the end. Otherwise, we'll see yet another direwolf die... ugh!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, TheGreenBell said:

Hide contents

and...

I call bullshit on this theory, it says Jon and Sansa are reunited, implying that is the first time they will see eachother. They are already reunited in the show.

12 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

so far everything the first link posted came true. Wanted to believe the second link, but poster also said he/she could not see everything

16 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

Hide contents

From my understanding, the first source has had other spoilers verified. The second has been contradicted on many significant (huge) details.

9 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I call bullshit on this theory, it says Jon and Sansa are reunited, implying that is the first time they will see eachother. They are already reunited in the show.

Well, since it's a description from an on set perspective it's likely that they weren't aware of events from early episodes of the season. Still, like all spoilers I'll truly believe it when I see it.

Archived