Outcome of the battle of the bastards[ potential spoilers]

I'm really looking forward to Petyr Baelish and Jon Snow meeting. Jon can be manipulated almost too easily by Baelish. Knowing Baelish as an ever lurking oppurtunist, he will probably convince Jon that he can only defeat the walkers if the seven kingdoms are united and there's only one that can do that by birth right and experience. The scene will switch over to Bran and we'll get the reveal.

Baelish doesn't want to be the king but the puppet master that completely controls the Westeros through the king he owns. He wanted that with Ned but when he refused he reverted back to a longer plan. Now he'll get an another chance.

It's extremely risky to attack Ramsay's forces with what Jon has but what can he do? He can't stall for much longer. They're working against time. The weather getting worse, Rickon likely being tortured and losing his value as a hostage and bait a bit each day, the fear of Ramsay doing a preemptive strike,  the decreasing provisions, the morale among men and so on. There's no point in wasting more time by going around the North since the Lords have provedreluctant to have their Houses bleed further.

There isn't any safe scenario in this predicament.

If only Jon knew about the Vale army, he'd not be in this much of a hurry though, he'd wait for them if he got assurance they'd show up.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/15/10-absurdly-outnumbered-underdogs-who-won/

If only Jon knew about the Vale army, he'd not be in this much of a hurry though, he'd wait for them if he got assurance they'd show up.

I really hope, at the very least, there's a conversation between Sansa and Jon about the Vale Army before they show up, otherwise, it's just such a stupid story point, her lying to him about even meeting with LF.  I assume, that Battle of the Bastards is supposed to be one of those Great GoT episodes, a la Blackwater, Hardhome.  However, the Vale Army playing deus ex machina is really going to make it difficult for me to enjoy it if Sansa doesn't even tell Jon about it in, a 20 second comment/convo.  "I asked LF, but he's not here yet..."  It's so obvious, is the audience supposed to be surprised when the Vale shows?  Maybe, for the most casual fan on earth, but GoT has tons of less than casual fans.  How about writing for us?  

I think we'll see Sansa leave to meet with LF in episode 8.

I think that the stalemate with the Boltons retreating back to Winterfell sounds correct (coz seriously, doesn't matter if you have less men when you have a Wun Wun).

But I have this suspicion that Baelish will turn on the Starks and side with the Boltons. He may even take Sansa back to Ramsay - not sure how it will play out but do think, knowing that Episode 10 is called the Winds of Winter, that Jon's depleated army will be re-enfored by Bran and the Nights King.

23 minutes ago, ummester said:

I think we'll see Sansa leave to meet with LF in episode 8.

I think that the stalemate with the Boltons retreating back to Winterfell sounds correct (coz seriously, doesn't matter if you have less men when you have a Wun Wun).

But I have this suspicion that Baelish will turn on the Starks and side with the Boltons. He may even take Sansa back to Ramsay - not sure how it will play out but do think, knowing that Episode 10 is called the Winds of Winter, that Jon's depleated army will be re-enfored by Bran and the Nights King.

Impossible. Are you sure you aren't trolling?  Pinkie's actor even said he was trying to make it up to Sandra.

5 hours ago, sun moon stars rain said:

I really hope, at the very least, there's a conversation between Sansa and Jon about the Vale Army before they show up, otherwise, it's just such a stupid story point, her lying to him about even meeting with LF.  I assume, that Battle of the Bastards is supposed to be one of those Great GoT episodes, a la Blackwater, Hardhome.  However, the Vale Army playing deus ex machina is really going to make it difficult for me to enjoy it if Sansa doesn't even tell Jon about it in, a 20 second comment/convo.  "I asked LF, but he's not here yet..."  It's so obvious, is the audience supposed to be surprised when the Vale shows?  Maybe, for the most casual fan on earth, but GoT has tons of less than casual fans.  How about writing for us?  

Or perhaps there is something else. I don't trust LF, and neither should the Starks. After all he aided in ned's death. 

Perhaps LF take attempts to use the Vale to take the north. SR is brain dead, or should be, and LF clearly manipulates him. Royce has brains, but he clearly lost his voice. I can see him betraying the Starks as Ummster said, which would shock the viewers. Jon is already outnumbered and now the Vale arrives making it impossible for Jon to win...BUT...

Manderly arrives while collecting as many northern houses as possible and shit hits the fan. Now I don't think they could do this all in one episode, so this is just me hoping for something grand other than LF marching in to save the day.... But imagine if Ramsay is caught in between the Stark "army" and the Vale knights. The Vale then raises flayed banners and just as the Starks are prepared to retreat....Manderly, Cerwyn, Reed, Glover and a other smaller houses arrive. I doubt it would play out like this, but I wouldn't be too surprised if LF does betray Sansa. I know the actor suggests that he tries to make it up, but that could just be hot air. I only suggest this because I have a difficult time thinking the northern houses will sit out and allow Sansa and Rickon to die. 

Having said that.... I still think we are stuck with LF swooping in like Rohan.... Maybe he will take an arrow in the eye... 

I'm going out on a limb here, but what if Sansa is actually the one holding the strings on this occasion. It would be worth the deviation from the books last season regarding her in Winterfell, to justify her killing Littlefinger. Hear me out.

Royce was already skeptical of Baelish upon his return and it was only his silver tongue and SR that saved him that day. The Knights of the Vale are not loyal to LF, but to SR. This would insinuate that if SR was to give the order to execute him, they would carry it out without question. 

LF shows up to save the day at Winterfell. I'm sure 99% of people can see this coming a mile away. That is not what is interesting here. What happens afterwards when the Northern lords seek a new King in the North is the real cherry. Now Jon is obviously the likely candidate, however this is where I believe that LF will take his opportunity to secure the North for himself. Either thru Sansa or another means he will make his play. 

This is where the payoff comes. Sansa will reveal in front of all the noblemen present what really happened to Lysa Arryn, convincing SR to turn against him and have him killed. She will reveal that he married her off to the Boltons willingly and is responsible for a lot of the chaos in the realm at this point in time. 

Most of the changes regarding the northern storyline that we book readers couldn't fathom should be clarified if this comes to pass. It will finally show some maturation in Sansa's character and will validate the relationship between her and Jon when she stands beside him as the Lord of Winterfell. Much the same as her fellow escapee Theon did with Yara.

Sansa manipulated LF into bringing the support she needed to save her house and has "played the game" in the fashion that he taught her, allowing her to have a moment of victory for her character. However short lived that moment is sure to be knowing GoT!!

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Impossible. Are you sure you aren't trolling?  Pinkie's actor even said he was trying to make it up to Sandra.

Yea, coz LF is trustworthy and always tells the truth :D And last year, everyone kept going on about how dead Jon was. This show is so bad at keeping secrets - assume the opposite of whatever they say.

2 hours ago, ummester said:

Yea, coz LF is trustworthy and always tells the truth :D And last year, everyone kept going on about how dead Jon was. This show is so bad at keeping secrets - assume the opposite of whatever they say.

Yes, knowing LF he would probably arrive with Bolton allies leaving the Starks trapped between Ramsay and an auxiliary force.. 

9 hours ago, sun moon stars rain said:

Deus ex Machina is something that's not set up at all, totally happening out of left field. The Vale army has been properly set up, more than most of the things actually. There's a scene of Littlefinger getting permission from Cersei to use the Vale army against the Boltons, then he gets Sweetrobin to agree to assemble the army to move against the Boltons, then we see him offer the army to Sansa, and last episode we see Sansa write to LF to ride for Winterfell with the Knights of the Vale. Can't be more obvious that they're coming, so it's the opposite of deus ex machina. The Vale army is going to pull Tywin at Blackwater (was that set up in the book? I don't remember), Stannis at The Wall and Rohirrim at Helm's Deep/Minas Tirith.

My guess (hope) is that Jon will learn about the Vale beforehand and he will want to wait just a bit longer. The army will either be late or Ramsay will initiate the battle early.

Maybe Ramsay will learn about the Vale Army and decides to attack Jon before the reinforces will arrive, This could be the reason why Ramsey leaves the safety of Winterfell and the battle will take place sooner as Jon expected.

At least I can't imagine that Ramsey will be absolutely clueless about an army of that size in his territory and on the way to Winterfell.

Not sure if everyone has seen tonights episode yet but the preview for BotB....

Spoiler

Looks like the guy on reddit got it right, we can see the Bolton circle being formed around Jons army.

And it doesnt look like there were any bodies on thise crosses but the clip was so short i couldnt tell.

Rikkon's toast.

I know people want the "good" guys to win, but this is game of thrones so I'll say what Ramsay said. 

"if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention"

Expect the worse people, so you might be pleasantly surprised. 

22 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

I know people want the "good" guys to win, but this is game of thrones so I'll say what Ramsay said. 

"if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention"

Expect the worse people, so you might be pleasantly surprised. 

"If you think D&D care about continuity, you havent been paying attention"

54 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I want to see Jon fighting with Ghost at his side. I also want to see Jon fighting with a flaming sword like Beric. 

What is this "Ghost" you speak of? Are you saying Jon Snow has a pet Direwolf? LOL Fuck that shit. We spent our budget on Dragons!

I would've liked to see Ramsay's downfall by his own actions.

Something like the battle going badly for Snow's army, until Ramsy lights those bodies on fire on the crosses. This in turn gives Melissandra some renewed power (deaths by fire), and she does something through the lord of light that starts a break in Ramsay's forces.

The promo suggests that Sansa tells Jon about the Vale forces. I'm guessing Ramsey finds out and that triggers him to attack first. Although that hasn't been confirmed with the leaks, it would tie in with the leaks and explain why it happens.

The promo looks awesome.

7 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

The promo suggests that Sansa tells Jon about the Vale forces. I'm guessing Ramsey finds out and that triggers him to attack first. Although that hasn't been confirmed with the leaks, it would tie in with the leaks and explain why it happens.

The promo looks awesome.

Yeah, I think so to. But it seems Jon is arguing to go now and not wait. Well it at least might make up last Ep.

Archived