Outcome of the battle of the bastards[ potential spoilers]

2 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Trust Littlefinger or Jon?

And trust Jon to save Rickon or winterfell? There is no reason to say she doesn't trust Jon because she has been betrayed too many times, etc.. to then have her run back to Littlefinger who also betrayed her.

This whole mistrust was invented to make Sansa seem the hero instead of putting her and Jon at the same level. It makes little sense that she could distrust Jon so fully once they are camped and ready for battle. He isn't going to uproot and take the wildlings back home and Tormund and Davos would probably advise against it anyway. 

He's not going to switch sides suddenly.

Do you know what would have been a better scene? A better empowerment of Sansa? Her meeting secrelty with Robin and convincing him to bring his army north without the heed of Littlefinger.

Then after the parlay with Ramsey she tells Jon what is coming and why it is coming.

Tada Sansa manipulated the game in her favor and didn't needlessly kill thousands of potential supporters on the basis that her relative might switch sides or do something stupid.

Nah, that would require good writing and an understanding that Sansa is going to go through with never trusting LF.

It's more shocking and sensation for Sansa to trust untrustworthy LF over her own brother and for all of the stakes to be heavily contrived against the Starks so that LF looks like that much of a hero when he saves the day.

7 minutes ago, LordPathera said:

Nah, that would require good writing and an understanding that Sansa is going to go through with never trusting LF.

It's more shocking and sensation for Sansa to trust untrustworthy LF over her own brother and for all of the stakes to be heavily contrived against the Starks so that LF looks like that much of a hero when he saves the day.

:agree:

10 minutes ago, King Onion Knight said:

You guys are just lol. Its obvious that Littlefinger's undoing will be due to Sansa.

Yes, how many times have the whiners been right this season? None so far.

Every single time they grouse about some plot point being gratuitous, it turns out to be critical. Notice how we got the payoff for Ramsay feeding Miranda to the hounds which they spilled gallons of ink complaining over. Same for the way he murdered his brother and mother in law.

Whenever they complain of 'bad writing', I can see that they have missed the point.

I still think LF is going to end up on the Iron throne but I don't think he will last 24 hours. Kind of like whenever Riker takes the Enterprise as captain.

Soo.. Arya being stabbed in the bowels repeatedly and then jumping into dirty water, holding her breath long enough to think the waif is dead, drag herself x-miles across the city to have the actress wrap bandage around her perforated bowls and give her pain meds to go to sleep is good writing?

29 minutes ago, hallam said:

Every single time they grouse about some plot point being gratuitous, it turns out to be critical. Notice how we got the payoff for Ramsay feeding Miranda to the hounds which they spilled gallons of ink complaining over. Same for the way he murdered his brother and mother in law.

Whenever they complain of 'bad writing', I can see that they have missed the point.

I still think LF is going to end up on the Iron throne but I don't think he will last 24 hours. Kind of like whenever Riker takes the Enterprise as captain.

Also shows how much you understand the show.

Myranda was the one Theon pushed off the wall.

I wouldn't blame Jon to rush to save Rickon in vain (and Ramsay was stupid for not shooting Jon instead when he came to the arrow range) but at least he'd prove to be trustworthy for Sansa who lost trust in everyone. At least Jon would never abandon his family. His mad rush after Rickon's death though... It was idiotic.

To be fair, Jon's army was vastly outnumbered and consisted mostly of undisciplined wildlings. Any strategies they could use were limited and they wouldn't win without a miracle anyway. Sansa's stance on offering battle strategies were dismissed because they would only prolong the battle imo, but not to win. Sansa's best weapon is LF's Vale army, which she told no one about for no apparent reason. Why did anyone have to listen to her anyway.

5 hours ago, LordPathera said:

I disagree with some of this. When Sansa writes to LF, she doesn't know if or when he will come. There is no other comms. She's with him on the hill b/c maybe she rode out to hurry him along. I do agree that Sansa is not going back to being LF's bitch. As far as saving the day goes, the charge of the KotV was pure Total War. That is, taking the pikes (spear wall) in the rear is "like piss through snow". The Vale force easily mopped up a Bolton force that was already under a lot of pressure.

LF is no hero, Jon and Sansa are not enemies, everybody can think of things they would have liked to see (like no more fucking mutilated dogs and no more dogs used to murder). Everybody thought Ghost would be a big part of the battle but apparently that was too much of a headache (to meld battle action and Ghost).

Sansa is being hated on for developing the characteristics she was earlier hated on for NOT having. Sheesh

5 hours ago, hallam said:

I wouldnt be the slightest bit surprised if Sansa actually killed LF next episode. I wouldnt bet money on it, but I wouldnt be surprised.

Truede said he didnt want to spoil ALL deaths, so maybe this one can still happen.

Just now, watcher of the night said:

And your argument is?

A garrison of 50 men on a strong castle can easily keep out over 2000 men. Karstark and Umber certainly left at least a small garrison at their castles. If Jon lead his army to take these castles, he would lose an enormous amount of men in the attempt.

Just now, watcher of the night said:

And your argument is?

A garrison of 50 men on a strong castle can easily keep out over 2000 men. Karstark and Umber certainly left at least a small garrison at their castles. If Jon lead his army to take these castles, he would lose an enormous amount of men in the attempt.

Just now, Red Tiger said:

I think new King or Queen will pardon them if they swear fealty. Tormund and Free Folk could be given new lands after Boltons. Mormonts and other should be rewarded for their loyalty.

1 minute ago, Red Tiger said:

Yeah like Winterfell, ... oh wait Wun wun just break the gates in a minute, or less then a minute? How long would those garrisons survive that? How many of those garrisons would ask for help if Jon shows up with 2000 wildlings and a giant? How would these garrisons prevent Jon to travel accross the North to gather more allies? Who would prevent him to link up with the Manderleys?

If those garrisons just sit tight and do nothing then the North is open to Jon. If those garrisons or Ramsay moves to counter Jon then they are open to harrasing and ambushes.

5 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

Yeah like Winterfell, ... oh wait Wun wun just break the gates in a minute, or less then a minute? How long would those garrisons survive that? How many of those garrisons would ask for help if Jon shows up with 2000 wildlings and a giant? How would these garrisons prevent Jon to travel accross the North to gather more allies? Who would prevent him to link up with the Manderleys?

If those garrisons just sit tight and do nothing then the North is open to Jon. If those garrisons or Ramsay moves to counter Jon then they are open to harrasing and ambushes.

Winterfell wasnt strongly garrisoned.

Usually with a garrison the defenses are much stronger than just a gate, you have boiling oil, rocks, fire and all types of other defenses, a gate is just part of it. In most cases if Jon had tried what you propose, Wun Wun would have most likely been either severily wounded or killed. The garrison didnt even see Wun wun, until he started poundin on the door.

Ramsay bet most of his succes on the battle and did little to fortify Winterfell´s defenses, minus a couple of archers and the door.

Archived