*spoilers* Team Cersei anyone?

Daemos

Just saw the preview and I can sense that everything in KL is converging onto her. As fucked up as she is I can actually sympathize with her (I think she is one of the best characters in the books). I can't bear the thought that Cersei will lose to the Faith now that she lost all her support.

I think what the Queen of Thorns tells her in their meeting (about killing the thousands that hate her) is likely foreshadowing the burning of King's Landing via wild fire. This is the only way I can see Cersei going out (after Tommen dies that is). She takes everyone with her like only a spectacular villain would.

I really like the actress, and the character on the show has had her moments. So I'd love it if Cersei remains til the very end of the show or as close as possible to it.

Long time lurker by the way, but this is my first post. So hey!

First of all: how dare you.

Hey to you too! I believe the wildfire plot will come to pass, specially because of a little something in the books. And since Jamie killed the Mad King for wanting to burn the whole city down, wouldn't it be heartwrenching if the love of his life did it instead?

But maybe she won't burn ALL of King's Landing. Or maybe she'll try and fail. I don't know.

Also love the actress, and the character is amazing. But I don't think Cersei will be with us until the very end.

The rumor I understand is that everyone will go to the Great Sept for Cersei's trial and she will not show up, instead she will burn everyone inside.  But I'm hoping that rumor is wrong and she burns all of KL.

What will get her to this point is obviously Tommen's death, and I presume Tommen will die shortly after Margaery, who will die unexpectedly very soon.

My only question is where do the Little Birds play into Cersei's paranoia?  In the book, the murders were done by Varys so Cersei would descend back into paranoia.  In the show, is Qyburn ordering the hit on her own uncle and Pycelle and whoever else (Mace) ?

If Cersei dies, we riot. 

The way Ollena looked at her and told her how "she'd lost" was very sad. She has done everything to save the ones she loves but still she ends up getting stuck In a position where no one Is willing to save her.

Cersei will most probably make It till the next season until she goes completely bonkers and burns King's Landing down. 

I definitely think that KL needs to burn to the ground (and I hope that Cersei is the one to do it). It's symbolic for the meaninglessness of all their political ambition, turmoil, and deceit. Dany arriving in KL only to see it in ashes is necessary for her to recognize how futile the old order was. Of course the irony for Jaime's love of his life to be the one to do this adds an extra layer of flavor to this. 

Only with the nexus of Westeros destroyed, will everyone finally look to the north and see where their enemy and ultimately their true salvation lies. KL won't unite the people, but whitewalkers will. In life or death.  

2 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The rumor I understand is that everyone will go to the Great Sept for Cersei's trial and she will not show up, instead she will burn everyone inside.  But I'm hoping that rumor is wrong and she burns all of KL.

What will get her to this point is obviously Tommen's death, and I presume Tommen will die shortly after Margaery, who will die unexpectedly very soon.

My only question is where do the Little Birds play into Cersei's paranoia?  In the book, the murders were done by Varys so Cersei would descend back into paranoia.  In the show, is Qyburn ordering the hit on her own uncle and Pycelle and whoever else (Mace) ?

Cersei turns the radio on.
** Now playing: Burning down the house. **

Heh.

I've been having the same feelings. I naturally want Cersei to lose against almost any other entity in the world of Westeros, but when it comes to Cersei vs the Faith, I'm totally team Cersei. 

While I agree with you about the heavy foreshadowing about her burning kings landing w wild fire, but I never assumed it would be a mass murder suicide, just a mass murder. 

3 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

This. This is the real question. Or will the show forgo this and just have Cersei be upset by Tommen's death. Qyburn doesn't make any sense as the mastermind though. Pycelle somewhat but I would almost expect Margarey to be responsible for Kevan's death at the rate the show is going.

Really though, I want death. Death for them all. I cant WAIT to see Robert Strong kill some sparrows. I hate them almost as much as I hate Cersei. 

Don't get me wrong, Cersei deserves to die (then again most everyone on the show does in some way or from some point of view) but I don't believe she deserves to die at the hands of the faith (fuck them!). Her death ought to be something more symbolic, meaningful or a great tragedy.

Mass murder suicide after Tommen's death (MAD QUEEN!)

Or 

Mass Murder after Tommen's death but she survives this and gets killed by Jaime for the burning of KL. (Irony galore)

Anything else simply won't satisfy me. 

I'm almost convinced Cersei is unleashing hell on Kings Landing this season, burning down the sept with the sparrows and Marg in it only to see Tommen kill himself as a result.  Maybe she dies her self in episode 10?

Does Cersei even know about wildfire in the catacombs? I do think that she'll go mad when Tommen dies but it will be because she is partly or wholly responsible (Tommen will side with the HS against her and Gregor will kill him). I just don't see how she will have the knowledge or the power (nobody obeys her presently so why would they after her only claim to the crown dies with her last remaining child?) Unless maybe Qyburn finds out and burns the city down for her as he is the only one besides Gregor that still does her bidding.

9 minutes ago, Minuteman said:

Does Cersei even know about wildfire in the catacombs? I do think that she'll go mad when Tommen dies but it will be because she is partly or wholly responsible (Tommen will side with the HS against her and Gregor will kill him). I just don't see how she will have the knowledge or the power (nobody obeys her presently so why would they after her only claim to the crown dies with her last remaining child?) Unless maybe Qyburn finds out and burns the city down for her as he is the only one besides Gregor that still does her bidding.

Maybe Tommen will volunteer to be the champion for the Faith of the Seven in Cersei's trial and end up getting killed by the Mountain...

Spoiler

...a la Prince Baelor in "The Hedge Knight" from the Dunk and Egg series.

9 hours ago, Warsaw said:

First of all: how dare you.

Hey to you too! I believe the wildfire plot will come to pass, specially because of a little something in the books. And since Jamie killed the Mad King for wanting to burn the whole city down, wouldn't it be heartwrenching if the love of his life did it instead?

But maybe she won't burn ALL of King's Landing. Or maybe she'll try and fail. I don't know.

Also love the actress, and the character is amazing. But I don't think Cersei will be with us until the very end.

maybe thats how jaime is gonna come and kill her as well and be her valonqar?

26 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

After reading most of the posts in this thread, I'm curious to know how people think Tommen will die in the show.  Who in King's Landing would want him dead right now?

Kills himself after he finds out his true identity, complete reversal of Myrcella.

2 hours ago, Rubicante said:

After reading most of the posts in this thread, I'm curious to know how people think Tommen will die in the show.  Who in King's Landing would want him dead right now?

well he is cersei's son and pretty sure she is not the most beloved person in the seven kingdoms so someone who wants to take revenge of something from cersei or just lannisters can plot his death...he also has a very weak personality with a touch of melancholy so maybe he takes his own life thinking he cant take anything anymore? he was very upset in the last few episodes for not being helpful with her mother and wife's situation and last episode showed he is sad he didnt do anything with margeary since she is back and told it to high sparrow...or maybe even high sparrow has plans for him

7 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Kills himself after he finds out his true identity, complete reversal of Myrcella.

Okay, I can see this.  However, who is going to tell him the truth?  And furthermore, who would he actually believe?

43 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Well it looks like Cersei is going to slaughter the faith next episode, so I would assume she would be the 1 to tell him.

I don't quite understand what her plan is here.  With the exception of Qyburn and the Mountain, she has no support.  So she is just going to have the Mountain kill 6 sparrows including Lancel?  What is this going to accomplish?  She's doing a trial by combat, therefore it is irrelevant whether Lancel is alive to testify against her or not.  I suppose maybe she just wants him dead for selling her out.  Fair enough.  But there has to be a limit to the number of sparrows the Mountain can kill.

Archived