*spoilers* Team Cersei anyone?

Daemos

4 hours ago, Minuteman said:

Does Cersei even know about wildfire in the catacombs? I do think that she'll go mad when Tommen dies but it will be because she is partly or wholly responsible (Tommen will side with the HS against her and Gregor will kill him). I just don't see how she will have the knowledge or the power (nobody obeys her presently so why would they after her only claim to the crown dies with her last remaining child?) Unless maybe Qyburn finds out and burns the city down for her as he is the only one besides Gregor that still does her bidding.

Oh yeah, she definitely does. She had pyromancers make some in season 2 and Tyrion found out about it and procured it for his own plan in the Battle of the Blackwater. I can totally see her burning everyone alive in the Sept, heck it's been foreshadowed these past few episodes with Bran's visions and Olenna asking if she's going to kill all her enemies herself.

50 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

I don't quite understand what her plan is here.  With the exception of Qyburn and the Mountain, she has no support.  So she is just going to have the Mountain kill 6 sparrows including Lancel?  What is this going to accomplish?  She's doing a trial by combat, therefore it is irrelevant whether Lancel is alive to testify against her or not.  I suppose maybe she just wants him dead for selling her out.  Fair enough.  But there has to be a limit to the number of sparrows the Mountain can kill.

This really bugs me. In the book, many lannister soldiers are gone with Jaime who now don't give a damn about her, the goldcloaks work for someone else, her influence over the king is pretty much gone, she has gone mad, has no pull on the KG except for Robert Strong and she and Qyburn had been fed bs intel from everywhere... She's pretty much declawed and yet in the show keeps galavanting around as if she was the most powerful person living.

9 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The rumor I understand is that everyone will go to the Great Sept for Cersei's trial and she will not show up, instead she will burn everyone inside.  But I'm hoping that rumor is wrong and she burns all of KL.

My only question is where do the Little Birds play into Cersei's paranoia?  In the book, the murders were done by Varys so Cersei would descend back into paranoia.  In the show, is Qyburn ordering the hit on her own uncle and Pycelle and whoever else (Mace) ?

Now that would be interesting... And yes, I also wonder what will happen now that Varys has been put half the world away, who's gonna kill Pycelle and Kevan? Or maybe Cersei will do so herself? It doesn't make sense, Qyburn in AFFC proves to be a quite useless spymaster, so him controlling the little birds bug me a lot.

3 hours ago, Arya_Stormborn said:

Maybe Tommen will volunteer to be the champion for the Faith of the Seven in Cersei's trial and end up getting killed by the Mountain...

Hide contents

...a la Prince Baelor in "The Hedge Knight" from the Dunk and Egg series.

Wouldn't that be impossible? Robert Strong would not be eligible to fight since he is sworn to protect Tommen. In THK there was not much issue since there were other non-royal fighters in the trial, and they were there to keep the other princes from harm, but not this time. If he injured Tommen he then would be guilty of treason and an automatic forfeit... Remember that Prince Baelor was killed by his brother not the KG.

8 hours ago, RedRuby said:

If Cersei dies, we riot. 

The way Ollena looked at her and told her how "she'd lost" was very sad. She has done everything to save the ones she loves but still she ends up getting stuck In a position where no one Is willing to save her.

Wait, what? I actually laughed hard after the queen of thorns hit her with the truth; Cersei's arrogance thinking anyone is on her side is just pathetic... All her actions were not to save the people she "loved", and in fact pretty much it had put them all in a position to die. No one is willing to save her because she alienated them or they realized the a-level cunt she is.

Oh god, I really love to hate her guts.

Well, against the Faith is easy: team Cersei. Burn them all.

Outside of that... all of those sentences like 'you are the worst person I've ever seen!' fall flat to me. The book infanticide is taken from her, so is torturing innocents and her Blackwater attempt to murder Tyrion. She still acts like a bitch, but as far as the GoT villains go, she is actually a pretty mild one in my eyes. Not to mention, she probably got much more shit than she gave, so I pity her for most of the time.

She needs to live up to her reputation. Nothing or noone in KL, except for Marg and Olenna, but I'm fine with sacrificing them, is worth keeping at that point, so go Cersei.

Burn them all.

I think it would be hilarious in the next episode if instead of the Mountain cutting down the 6 sparrows, the sparrows beat the Mountain, Cersei and Qyburn to death with their clubs.  That would be unexpected, and a breath of fresh air.

It sure looks like Queen Margery is going to play a large part on Tommen's eventual death. She basically said her goodbyes to Lady Olenna and pretty much instructed her to go back to Highgarden and avenge her eventual death.

Here's how I think it goes:

Margery martyrs herself in a dramatic way to truly break Tommen's heart and at the same time forever tainting the High Sparrows image in the eyes of the public. Remember, there are people out there in KL who still love Queen Margery and if she dies at the hand of the Sparrows the people may riot. Tommen will be heartbroken and will kill himself because this was all his fault. 

Robert Strong will kill Tommen.   Tommen will come to arrest Cersei after the first round of FM lackeys become paste.   And Robert Strong being sworn to protect Cersei will kill all the enemies of Cersei, INCLUDING Tommen.  Cersei will scream for him to stop, but Robert Strong being a zombie soldier will be unstoppable.   Think of how good this will be on TV.  Cersei's monster will kill her last remaining son. THEN we get kamikaze wildfire Cersei burning the whole damn thing down to the ground.    It is known.  You might as well end this thread now.

1 hour ago, Merengues said:

Wouldn't that be impossible? Robert Strong would not be eligible to fight since he is sworn to protect Tommen. In THK there was not much issue since there were other non-royal fighters in the trial, and they were there to keep the other princes from harm, but not this time. If he injured Tommen he then would be guilty of treason and an automatic forfeit... Remember that Prince Baelor was killed by his brother not the KG.

Tommen would probably disguise himself, like the Knight of the Laughing Tree, and then his identity would only be revealed at the very end, after he was already dead.

11 minutes ago, Arya_Stormborn said:

Tommen would probably disguise himself, like the Knight of the Laughing Tree, and then his identity would only be revealed at the very end, after he was already dead.

That was a tourney. A trial by combat is taken under the eyes of the gods, which would forbid someone from hiding his identity. Even more if the trial involves royalty.

6 hours ago, Rubicante said:

After reading most of the posts in this thread, I'm curious to know how people think Tommen will die in the show.  Who in King's Landing would want him dead right now?

There are spoilers out there which appear legit on how he will die

he throws himself out of a window

In answer to the question in the title, yes - Team Cersei ftw, always. Until she dies (if we're placing bets, my money is on episode 4 next season) in which case my loyalty transfers to Sansa Stark, Queen in the North, and Brienne as a one-man Queensguard.

And as for the rest of the KL plot, I think that Loras or Olenna will be killed by the Faith, causing Margaery to drop her penitent act and blame Tommen for supporting them. They'll argue - she'll tell him all about how he isn't even the real king, and he will kill himself in despair (Ser Pounce will live on to avenge him). Cersei will lose all shits and burn King's Landing to the ground, then leave for Casterly Rock.

I'm certain we won't see her death this season, if only because Jaime is in the Riverlands and he is going to be involved. Despite all the clever valonqar talk, I'm still pretty sure that the right answer is the obvious one - Jaime will kill Cersei then himself. It makes the most sense thematically and has been heavily foreshadowed through the books, plus there is a tragic irony (and KL - in the books at least - is nothing if not Shakespearean tragedy) in Jaime's first and finest act being killing the mad king - something he sees as his greatest moment of honor and glory while the rest of Westeros see it as treachery and dishonor - and his final act being killing the mad queen - something that Westeros will see as a true act of redemption while he sees it as the worst thing he has ever done, and it destroys him.

11 hours ago, Rubicante said:

After reading most of the posts in this thread, I'm curious to know how people think Tommen will die in the show.  Who in King's Landing would want him dead right now?

Spoiler

He throws himself out of a window after Cersei burns the Sept with Margaery in it.

8 hours ago, tmug said:

It sure looks like Queen Margery is going to play a large part on Tommen's eventual death. She basically said her goodbyes to Lady Olenna and pretty much instructed her to go back to Highgarden and avenge her eventual death.

Here's how I think it goes:

Margery martyrs herself in a dramatic way to truly break Tommen's heart and at the same time forever tainting the High Sparrows image in the eyes of the public. Remember, there are people out there in KL who still love Queen Margery and if she dies at the hand of the Sparrows the people may riot. Tommen will be heartbroken and will kill himself because this was all his fault. 

No she didn't. She sent her away because she knew the HS would come after Olenna. She's just being protective.

I would say I'm Team Cersei then but only in the sense that I want her to build herself up again so that there's actually someone left it would be satisfying to see Dany take down when she reaches KL. (Has the "queen you shall be until another comes" prophecy been fulfilled by Margaery already or could that still be Dany's role I wonder)

That said I don't see how Cersei could be in a position of power ever again, even after apparently destroying the High Septon and a bunch of other people with him. It's more likely that after taking them all out she's left with nothing and will be quickly deposed by the enraged populace. :mellow: 

13 hours ago, Lady Lyanna Mormont said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He throws himself out of a window after Cersei burns the Sept with Margaery in it.

No she didn't. She sent her away because she knew the HS would come after Olenna. She's just being protective.

Margery's facial expressions away from the Shame Nun said it all in my opinion, that was her final goodbye to her grandmother Olenna. Yes she was doing it to be protective of Olenna and saving her life because either the HS was going to get her or Cersei was (because Cersei knows, or will know, that Margery is sucking in Tommen into the HS's control). 

Either way, Margery knows that she is a goner. Either the Sept will keep her and Loras until they die or they will both die by Cersei's revenge for Margery duping Tommen into the Seven. 

Yes I agree, why have her grandmother and father and the Tyrell army go down with her? Have them go home and plan their next moves so House Tyrell can grow strong :) Perhaps join up with Dorne in their fight to destroy the Lannisters. Remember them? Dorne? Supposedly they are in King's Landing since episode 1, i think.

3 minutes ago, tmug said:

Margery's facial expressions away from the Shame Nun said it all in my opinion, that was her final goodbye to her grandmother Olenna. Yes she was doing it to be protective of Olenna and saving her life because either the HS was going to get her or Cersei was (because Cersei knows, or will know, that Margery is sucking in Tommen into the HS's control). 

Either way, Margery knows that she is a goner. Either the Sept will keep her and Loras until they die or they will both die by Cersei's revenge for Margery duping Tommen into the Seven. 

Yes I agree, why have her grandmother and father and the Tyrell army go down with her? Have them go home and plan their next moves so House Tyrell can grow strong :) Perhaps join up with Dorne in their fight to destroy the Lannisters. Remember them? Dorne? Supposedly they are in King's Landing since episode 1, i think.

I still don't think Margaery expects to die, so we can agree to disagree, then. :D

On 6/7/2016 at 9:32 PM, Rubicante said:

the undead mountain will kill him when he jumps in front of margery. cersei will go mad

Who would help her though. Here only allies in KL are Qyburn & the Mountain. She appears to be under de-facto house arrest, with the FM and Kings guard confining her movements. I havent seen any Lannister men under her command in recent episodes. 

Although I have noticed a change in her attitude. She seems to have lost her ego, & will accept her own mistakes & openly admit them. She seems humbled by her recent experiences. She said so much herself that if it were not for her childre, she would throw herself into blackwater bay (forget which episode). So yes, if Tommen dies, I think she becomes unhinged and does something spectacular. 

F.U.C.K. Cersei.  No matter how it turns out, it's all of her own making.  Sure it's going to be violence and chaos and that'll be some good action/drama, but Cersei deserves anything she gets and probably even then, some more.

There's an issue that hasn't been addressed yet: Ser Strong.  Recall that it was Cersei/Qyburn that raised Ser Strong to the KG... but he wasn't among the KG that followed Tommen out of the Sept with their seven-pointed star armor.  Cersei will go to the trial thinking she's got things well in hand as always but then her plans go awry.  Perhaps Tommen will declare Ser Strong unfit to serve as KG, either because he knows or was told by the HS that he's an abomination... remember Pycelle was counseling Tommen.  That could and would likely lead to her being cornered and defiant as always and bring about her 'I choose violence' line.  I have a sneaking suspicion that there wont be a trial by combat, already been done on the show several times.  The only one with any shot is Ser Loras, the rest would be mincemeat.  So perhaps that's a possible avenue for a real conflict with Margaery and Tommen.  Loras atones by being the Champion for the Faith, but that seems unlikely as there's too little setup and would seem odd.  If no trial by combat then there has to be some occurrence that leads to her line about choosing violence.

As a result, either the HS is killed or the people grow even more fanatic at the brutality inflicted on the sparrows and this will lead to Kevan taking measures, which will get him killed.

I think it's a touch too soon for KL to burn... Dany would get wind of that news before sailing... no, KL has to stay intact until Daenerys is on her way (Drogon isn't flying over a burnt husk of what used to be KL in Bran's vision).

I also don't believe Margaery is going to make herself a martyr.  She may well die, but no way in hell did she do her scheming to pull the wool over the HS's eyes only to sacrifice herself willingly.  That's absurd... Loras is still in the wind and the two of them represent the future of House Tyrell... she's ambitious, remember, she wants to be THE Queen.  

While there's no need for the show to follow/mirror the books, the Tyrell's future is still up in the air, hell they may even jump ship a third time to a new ally... if they're wiped out before TWoW is released, Dumb & Dumberer might be in a bit of a pickle depending on what transpires.

Funny though that some of you cheer for Cersei to wipe out sparrows when she armed them in the first place and allowed them to gain any power whatsoever.  They're fanatics to be sure, but their cause is actually quite just... the Lannister rule has been a freaking travesty to anyone but them.  Indeed they're barely acting better than the Lannisters with some of their tactics but the smallfolk have been what on plenty... no one cares for the smallfolk?

Kind of have to wonder too if Joffrey's murder ever comes to light... maybe that's how Loras atones... by implicating his own family's involvement along with Baelish...

22 minutes ago, Ser Knute said:

F.U.C.K. Cersei.  No matter how it turns out, it's all of her own making.  Sure it's going to be violence and chaos and that'll be some good action/drama, but Cersei deserves anything she gets and probably even then, some more.

There's an issue that hasn't been addressed yet: Ser Strong.  Recall that it was Cersei/Qyburn that raised Ser Strong to the KG... but he wasn't among the KG that followed Tommen out of the Sept with their seven-pointed star armor.  Cersei will go to the trial thinking she's got things well in hand as always but then her plans go awry.  Perhaps Tommen will declare Ser Strong unfit to serve as KG, either because he knows or was told by the HS that he's an abomination... remember Pycelle was counseling Tommen.  That could and would likely lead to her being cornered and defiant as always and bring about her 'I choose violence' line.  I have a sneaking suspicion that there wont be a trial by combat, already been done on the show several times.  The only one with any shot is Ser Loras, the rest would be mincemeat.  So perhaps that's a possible avenue for a real conflict with Margaery and Tommen.  Loras atones by being the Champion for the Faith, but that seems unlikely as there's too little setup and would seem odd.  If no trial by combat then there has to be some occurrence that leads to her line about choosing violence.

It was shown in the preview for the next episode. Lancel tells her to instruct her man to stand aside or there will be violence and she responds "I choose violence"

Archived