*spoilers* Team Cersei anyone?

Daemos

4 minutes ago, The Hound 25 said:

It was shown in the preview for the next episode. Lancel tells her to instruct her man to stand aside or there will be violence and she responds "I choose violence"

Right on, but what precipitates Lancel giving that command?  Stand aside for what or why?  Is she trying to go somewhere she's not allowed?  Is she being informed that Gregory can't stand as her Champion?  The show hasn't really developed the rules of trials by combat like the books, but in that canon she can only be championed by a KG since she's a royal.  Any chance that issue is raised about Gregor?  Perhaps the HS tries to wrangle some way to insist on a trial by septons and not a combat?  Would seem out of place but something happens that leads to this confrontation.

4 minutes ago, Ser Knute said:

Right on, but what precipitates Lancel giving that command?  Stand aside for what or why?  Is she trying to go somewhere she's not allowed?  Is she being informed that Gregory can't stand as her Champion?  The show hasn't really developed the rules of trials by combat like the books, but in that canon she can only be championed by a KG since she's a royal.  Any chance that issue is raised about Gregor?  Perhaps the HS tries to wrangle some way to insist on a trial by septons and not a combat?  Would seem out of place but something happens that leads to this confrontation.

Good point. I think your theory about the Faith telling her that the Mountain can't be her champion may be right on the money

7 minutes ago, Targaryen loyalist said:

On "who will kill tommen" subject...

Don't forget the Deus Ex Snakes are still in King's Landing since Ep.1, doing nothing. They must play a part in the final events of the season in KL otherwise their plot would be the worst ever written for television.

Quite possible but that would seem forced.  Hell as far as I know the Sand Snakes sailed into Blackwater Bay, did Trystane and sailed home... surely the show isn't so absent minded as to leave that ship in the Harbor unmolested for all this time?  There has been no appearance by anyone from Dorne on the Small Council, seems they said fuck that and went home!

During this season I have developed a new hit list - characters I want to die - and surprisingly Cersei has fallen to the bottom rather than lingering near the top. She's still on the list, but I no longer yearn for an immediate death. Right now Ramsey, the HS, and the Waif are vying for the top spot.

Her walk of atonement turned her intoa sympathetic character. Also, the HS is so vile he makes Cersei look good.

The preview and discussion here made me think of a way Team Cersei could win all power in king's landing

hypothetical plot:
1. confrontation with Lancel and sparrows, which get killed by Ser Strong
2. the Faith retaliates by executing Loras
3. Kevan and Mace are angry because their sons died from Team Cersei's actions, Pycelle doesn't like Team Cersei either
4. the small council demands imprisonment/execution of Cersei, Qyburn and Ser Strong
5. Qyburn assassinates the small council (Mace, Kevan, Pycelle)
6. Margaery breaks with the Lannisters and leaves king's landing with the Tyrell army
7. Tommen kills himself
8. Team Cersei use wildfire against the faith militant, killing/driving them away
9. Jaime declares Cersei the mad queen and that he won't return to king's landing
10. Cersei sits on the iron throne

3 hours ago, SafeFromWinter said:

The preview and discussion here made me think of a way Team Cersei could win all power in king's landing

hypothetical plot:
3. Kevan and Mace are angry because their sons died from Team Cersei's actions, Pycelle doesn't like Team Cersei either
4. the small council demands imprisonment/execution of Cersei, Qyburn and Ser Strong
6. Margaery breaks with the Lannisters and leaves king's landing with the Tyrell army
7. Tommen kills himself
8. Team Cersei use wildfire against the faith militant, killing/driving them away
9. Jaime declares Cersei the mad queen and that he won't return to king's landing

It would certainly be an amazing episode

12 hours ago, Targaryen loyalist said:

On "who will kill tommen" subject...

Don't forget the Deus Ex Snakes are still in King's Landing since Ep.1, doing nothing. They must play a part in the final events of the season in KL otherwise their plot would be the worst ever written for television.

Lady Olenna will somehow bring them back into the plot, is my guess. 

Olenna has always been a strong willed woman who wants other women in power, and that MO pretty much describes the Sand Snakes as well, so I think we are going to see the Dorne stuff slowly get worked back in via Olenna. 

Plus, if you are going to bring in that awful storyline, it's good to attach a popular character like Olenna or Bronn to it, which is what they've been trying to do - at least make it somewhat watchable. 

12 hours ago, Not a kneeler said:

During this season I have developed a new hit list - characters I want to die - and surprisingly Cersei has fallen to the bottom rather than lingering near the top. She's still on the list, but I no longer yearn for an immediate death. Right now Ramsey, the HS, and the Waif are vying for the top spot.

Her walk of atonement turned her intoa sympathetic character. Also, the HS is so vile he makes Cersei look good.

Yep. 

Her walk, combined with Myrcella dying, was a plot thread that seemed to try and move Cersei into a more sympathetic light. 

I'm not really sure the show has done a good enough job of following up that push though. 

And once Cersei basically unleashes the mountain next week, I think any sympathetic views towards her are going to get squashed quicker than The Mountain bashing someone's skull in for peeing on his boots. 

On 6/7/2016 at 11:08 PM, Merengues said:

That was a tourney. A trial by combat is taken under the eyes of the gods, which would forbid someone from hiding his identity. Even more if the trial involves royalty.

If that's the case, then how would Robert Strong be permitted to represent Cersei? Won't he have to show his face?

3 minutes ago, Arya_Stormborn said:

If that's the case, then how would Robert Strong be permitted to represent Cersei? Won't he have to show his face?

good point, I really don't have answer for that. But still, there has to be some resemblance between books and show, and given that book tommen is a plump kid that prefers cats over swords, then I don't really see Tommen in such scenario.

4 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

And once Cersei basically unleashes the mountain next week, I think any sympathetic views towards her are going to get squashed quicker than The Mountain bashing someone's skull in for peeing on his boots. 

The mountain didnt kill the guy for peeing on his boots.  He killed the guy because he was openly insulting Cersei.

13 hours ago, SafeFromWinter said:

hypothetical plot:
7. Tommen kills himself

This sounds awesome, which is why it wont happen.

14 hours ago, SafeFromWinter said:

hypothetical plot:
7. Tommen kills himself

Some version of this is likely.  Whatever occurs to spark Lancel's line, Tell your man to stand aside or there will be violence, precipitates Cersei's unleashing Gregor.  Lancel is likely killed along with many sparrows.  Then comes the scene with Cersei entering the throne room... probably Tommen summoning her and telling her that her attack on the faith is an attack on the Crown, the same auspices used to remove Jaime from the KG.  Cersei freaks... not sure from there but perhaps Gregor moves to defend Cersei as Tommen's KG come forth to take her into custody and in the chaos he kills Tommen too... oh that'd be so ironic.

Kevan will probably be killed for political reasons... he's behind Tommen as his Hand and is separating Tommen from Cersei.  Whether Qyburn does it on his own or through Cersei doesn't really matter.  Pycelle is probably in this mix too as this would remove everyone except for Mace on the small council, and remember that in previous seasons Cersei has lamented that she'd rather have no small council because they're not in lock-step with her machinations.

I don't believe the Faith will kill Loras.  Without him they have no leverage on the Tyrells.  As well if they kill him before TWoW is released it might be a major plot hole for the show to deal with.  Loras isn't expendable just yet.

I've heard some theories that Tommen will throw himself out a window, ala Ashara Dayne.  I think that's be a cheesy way for him to die but it might work if say Marg was killed.  Tommen probably has to live a bit longer because the show is unlikely to introduce Aegon/Young Griff... and it's my guess that Aegon takes the I.T. from the Lannisters before Daenerys arrives.

I do expect Cersei to make an attempt at the Wildfyre massacre, but maybe not just yet... too soon.

I find it strange how many people expect a good ending for Cersei in all this. 

That conversation with Olenna, where she basically sasses Cersei to death, really felt like the beginning of the end for Cersei. 

I think the next 3 episodes will really represent her demise. 

I also think that the Trial by Combat either won't happen, or will be rigged in such a way that Cersei can't win it all (The High Sparrow, for example, picks Tommen to be his champion, forcing Cersei's mountain to kill Cersei's son for Cersei's freedom? That would be an outrageously good plot line to throw Lena Headey into. 

On 6/7/2016 at 6:13 AM, holding said:

Jaime will kill Cersei then himself. It makes the most sense thematically and has been heavily foreshadowed through the books, plus there is a tragic irony (and KL - in the books at least - is nothing if not Shakespearean tragedy) in Jaime's first and finest act being killing the mad king - something he sees as his greatest moment of honor and glory while the rest of Westeros see it as treachery and dishonor - and his final act being killing the mad queen - something that Westeros will see as a true act of redemption while he sees it as the worst thing he has ever done, and it destroys him.

this would be such a good thematic outcome for this arc

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:50 PM, Minuteman said:

Does Cersei even know about wildfire in the catacombs? I do think that she'll go mad when Tommen dies but it will be because she is partly or wholly responsible (Tommen will side with the HS against her and Gregor will kill him). I just don't see how she will have the knowledge or the power (nobody obeys her presently so why would they after her only claim to the crown dies with her last remaining child?) Unless maybe Qyburn finds out and burns the city down for her as he is the only one besides Gregor that still does her bidding.

yeah she should.  She was having more of processed just before Blackwater.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:32 PM, Rubicante said:

After reading most of the posts in this thread, I'm curious to know how people think Tommen will die in the show.  Who in King's Landing would want him dead right now?

There were two Sandsnakes in KL to kill Trystane at the beginning of the season. 

12 hours ago, Stargaryen81 said:

There were two Sandsnakes in KL to kill Trystane at the beginning of the season. 

Ughh...I forgot about that.  Hopefully they have nothing to do with it.

But according to show logic for Dorne, the best way to get revenge for Oberyn is to kill members of your own family.  So I'm hoping they returned to Dorne, and then the three sand snakes and Ellaria simultaneously killed each other to avenge Oberyn. 

Archived