*spoilers* Team Cersei anyone?

Daemos

I'm rooting for Cersei. I've been waiting for her to descend into madness for a very long time, now. She's my favourite character - and whilst she may be very different in the show compared to her book counterpart I think Lena Headey does an excellent job at portraying her in a sympathetic light.

I'm hoping she takes as many of her enemies down with her as possible. She deserves to go out in flames - quite literally, perhaps - and I think having her destroy the Tyrells and the Sand Snakes and the Faith Militant would be very cool. Not only does it leave the Iron Throne free for someone more sympathetic to claim but it proves that Cersei isn't nearly as incompetent as she is often made out to be. I've never bought into the idea that Cersei is stupid, personally. She's cunning and cruel - but in a way that achieves short term rather than long term results. I think Olenna and everybody else will underestimate her - and given that Cersei is actually trying to make amends only to be ignored at every turn makes it all the more tragic.

If Cersei was killed in the coming episode I'd be ok with that. 

Would help straighten out Jamie too if she wasn't around.  

What was the whole repent and walk of shame for.  The moment she got back into the Castle she has been plotting how to kill them all.  

Cersei's character is on life support at this point in my view. What purpose does she really serve other than causing mayhem? So... due to that... I think she is about to cause some serious mayhem. 

Burn... them... all

I struggle to see how Cersei is smart. She believes she is, of course, but she is not. She is responsible for her own downfall, she even walked straight into a trap & has allowed others to take her power like stealing candy from a baby. She is blinded by arrogance. That said she is still one of my favourite characters & I loved her book chapters. I have enjoyed seeing everything fall apart for her & can't wait to see her snap, haha. This is definately her last season.

In the beginning she was an overconfident b**ch who thought she had so much power.

Remember "power is power"?

I hated her then. Absolutely hated her and her contemtuous smirk.

But things changed recently. She is feeling a lack of power, an anger. She is no longer that person who can do shit to others (Ned) and get away with it. She no longer sits on that fancy high throne she imagined. THAT is what I loved.

For this reason alone, I'm on team cercei for now.

I see Cersei going down in flames relatively soon and taking the HS and faith militant with her. I think Tommen will get caught in the fray of course. If timing is right, I won't be surprised if Jamie returns just in time to see Cersei's actions leading to Tommen's death which then leads him to kill her. I hope that however the details of her demise are played out, it will be full of tragic glory and fanfare and irony. It has amazing potential. 

What I don't see is Margerey going down with them. She's too ambitious and smart and the showrunners seem to really like her character. I feel they've been setting her up for something big recently. What if she's the one who takes the Iron Throne after Tommen's death? She has her house and army behind her. 

Who are the other alternatives for taking the throne after Tommen's death?

25 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

In the beginning she was an overconfident b**ch who thought she had so much power.

Remember "power is power"?

I hated her then. Absolutely hated her and her contemtuous smirk.

But things changed recently. She is feeling a lack of power, an anger. She is no longer that person who can do shit to others (Ned) and get away with it. She no longer sits on that fancy high throne she imagined. THAT is what I loved.

For this reason alone, I'm on team cercei for now.

I would never be on Team Cersei.  If I owned a lake in the desert, and someone irl like Cersei staggered in for a teaspoon of water, I'd deny her.

On June 6, 2016 at 6:51 PM, JonSnowed said:

I'm almost convinced Cersei is unleashing hell on Kings Landing this season, burning down the sept with the sparrows and Marg in it only to see Tommen kill himself as a result.  Maybe she dies her self in episode 10?

This is exactly what I think will happen, minus Cersei dying. Then Cersei will take the throne for herself. I wouldn't put a future unholy alliance with Euron Greyjoy out of the realm of possibility either.

Archived