Umm..where is ghost?

House Do'urdan

If they serve no purpose to the scene, then they are cut out, and it's all about the budget.  Why spend thousands of dollars to CGI Ghost when he'll just stand there and serve zero purpose?  It's a waste of budget, even if it *doesn't* make sense some times.

Mel (and other actors) are the same way.  Right now, Mel's story is in limbo, so why pay her to appear on screen, only for her to do nothing but sit in a chair?

IMO, this is all just bad writing.  They could have easily explained Ghost and Mels absence in some way (like, hey Mel, watch over Ghost as we go travel around).  At least that way we'd have some sort of idea where they are.  

Major characters should never be in story limbo, as if they are waiting for the others to catch up.  This show has done this over, and over, and over, and over again.  Characters disappear, re-appear, and disappear again, showing up only to make a plot point before whisping away. (Littlefinger and Robin, for instance).  It's piss poor writing and planning.

22 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

SAFE! Don't ask about him or want to see him. Otherwise they'll kill him off. Jon Snow has told him to go play fetch with dead men's thigh bones beyond the wall. He pulls their legs out from under them and runs off leaving them to shake their fists at him.

"Oh you naughty wolf, whose a naughty wolf? Yes you are your a naughty wolf." Coos Jon Snow when no one else is within hearing range.

:agree:

I agree that Ghost should not be used if not needed but:

1. Jon was brought back from the dead.  Wouldn't he want to see or pet Ghost?  Or just ask about Ghost...?

2. Gathering True Believers - When Jon/Davos/Sansa were going door to door looking for soldiers, Ghost would have added to the legend and lore that is Stark.  I cannot believe Jon did not take Ghost. 

3. Speaking just for myself, I do not prefer the dragons. Seen one dragon, you've seen them all.  It seems the show drags out those dragons whenever they want, when all I want is some Ghost.  

6 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I agree that Ghost should not be used if not needed but:

1. Jon was brought back from the dead.  Wouldn't he want to see or pet Ghost?  Or just ask about Ghost...?

2. Gathering True Believers - When Jon/Davos/Sansa were going door to door looking for soldiers, Ghost would have added to the legend and lore that is Stark.  I cannot believe Jon did not take Ghost. 

3. Speaking just for myself, I do not prefer the dragons. Seen one dragon, you've seen them all.  It seems the show drags out those dragons whenever they want, when all I want is some Ghost.  

Don't worry. Once we finish this season and many big stars are killed off and thus payroll is trimmed, we'll get Ghost and Nymeria leading a Wolfpack in the battle vs the white walkers. 

36 minutes ago, Whoah whoah said:

I wondered the same thing.  But also, why has no one called Jon out for deserting the Night Watch?  You would think at least one lord from a northern house would at least question him about it.  

It would have been neat for Jon to show one of those Northern lords his wounds and see their reaction.

On 6/6/2016 at 4:36 PM, Xarkar said:

On a side note, does anyone know how in the hell i can format these replys so it does not skip a line every time i hit enter?  its rather annoying.

Hold down SHIFT and hit ENTER

On June 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

I did wonder that too but Ghost is away from Jon a lot in the books. He just comes  and goes and can be away for long periods at a time. 

That's true. Additionally, considering what's entailed, it seems reasonable not to go to the difficulty and expense of putting the wolves in scenes just to have them there. 

7 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

It would have been neat for Jon to show one of those Northern lords his wounds and see their reaction.

That's a good way to prove it.  But the first episode Ned executed a deserter.  I would think Jons status would be questioned at least a little.

Keep in mind - we have had the Hold the Door CGI stuff, Dany's dragon stuff, and we know that we are going to have 2 more huge CGI scenes coming: BastardBowl, and a scene with the White Walkers that will make Hardhome look like a tea party (my guess is they will attack and bring down the wall). 

That's huge on the CGI budget, which means you aren't going to get direwolves in every scene. It's probably one of the reasons why they only have one giant with the Willdigs, and why the other direwolves are being killed off. 

CGI budgets are huge, and typically, shows that go on for multiple seasons don't get more money to compensate for that sort of stuff. 

I know it's only the most expensive TV show in the history of television and has a budget of $100m+ for each season, comparable to big budget blockbuster movies, and I know CGI is expensive, and I know we're spoilt fans who actually get to see our favourite fiction novels being realized on the silver screen with star power and big budgets, resulting in the most popular TV show in the world, which is also critically acclaimed and swept the recent Emmys with record wins...................... but I love complaining about how a pet animal inconsequential to the story which is expensive to animate doesn't get enough screen time. Woe be unto us fans..........

Archived