Drogon over Kings Landing

Aemond Targaryen

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to pose a question based on circumstantial evidence from the show, specifically from the last few episodes. 

Will we see in the next few episodes (if not in episode 8) Danny flying Drogon over Kings Landing? 

We have seen it foreshadowed many, many times however for the first time Danny now has the means and the time to do it. In episode 6 she was on dragon back with a week (at least) to kill before the khalasar GoT to Meereen.

Just a thought

Unless she borrows Littlefingers teleportation device and its big enough to fit her entire army and the Iron fleet in it there is no way it will be episode 8. She still has to wrap stuff up in Mereen. She will leave in episode 10 at the earliest IMO.

17 hours ago, Aemond Targaryen said:

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to pose a question based on circumstantial evidence from the show, specifically from the last few episodes. 

Will we see in the next few episodes (if not in episode 8) Danny flying Drogon over Kings Landing? 

We have seen it foreshadowed many, many times however for the first time Danny now has the means and the time to do it. In episode 6 she was on dragon back with a week (at least) to kill before the khalasar GoT to Meereen.

Just a thought

Not this season, think season 7 

Idk about everyone else but personally I fear for Rhaegal and Viserion. Seeing as D&D were all to happy to kill off Summer and Shaggydog( Lets be real, Shaggy is dead) I think they will kill off Danys other two children. I really don't think their gonna go for the "The Dragon has Three Heads" thing.

3 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Idk about everyone else but personally I fear for Rhaegal and Viserion. Seeing as D&D were all to happy to kill off Summer and Shaggydog( Lets be real, Shaggy is dead) I think they will kill off Danys other two children. I really don't think their gonna go for the "The Dragon has Three Heads" thing.

The main budget problem is that the dragons keep getting bigger, so it costs more to kennel them off-season.

3 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

I don't understand that last bit. Are you saying it cost more to keep them locked up?

He's making a joke. Since the dragons are getting bigger the imaginary kennel where they get kept between filming keeps getting more expensive. 

That dragon over King's Landing is the carrot on the stick for fans wanting to see Dany come West. 

Who knows when it'll happen. My guess is it won't happen anytime soon, especially as they seem to be setting up the whole Dany-Mereen-Greyjoys thing quite well. 

10 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

That dragon over King's Landing is the carrot on the stick for fans wanting to see Dany come West. 

Who knows when it'll happen. My guess is it won't happen anytime soon, especially as they seem to be setting up the whole Dany-Mereen-Greyjoys thing quite well. 

There are three dragons, and they are not chained up any more. My guess is that one of them goes exploring and flies over Kings Landing, which would be quite interesting because it would put the fear of god(s) into the inhabitants. Up till then the stories they heard about Daenerys and her dragons would be just stories, so they wouldn't be taken seriously as an imminent threat. A dragon flying over your city however would be a very sharp reminder that they are quite real and could be arriving any day now, not some hypothetical time distant in the future.

A dragon flying over the city will force all the parties there to put their differences behind them, because if Daenerys shows up with her dragons and her armies, they will ALL be toast. A dragon overhead will be a game changing reset of the political landscape in Kings Landing. They will not be able to ignore Daenerys any longer.

Based on the preview I think Dany and Drogon are back in Mereen this episode. There is a scene with Tyrion where the ceiling shakes. I see that as Drogon landing and causing the tremor. So if he is there in Ep 8 I doubt they would get all the way to KL in Ep 10.

Also, we saw these things in Brans visions. Who says that wasn't a flashback to when dragons where there before? 

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Not ten thousand miles and back on a lunchtime lark, they can't. 

It isn't 10000 miles. The narrow sea isn't called the narrow sea because it is wide. A flying dragon is probably going well in excess of 100 miles an hour, and if it remains in the air it can cover vast distances in a few days.

Archived