Many face God

Morgred

Some crazy theory:

So Syrio, Jaquen, Waif Faceless Man - all of them are 1 person - the faceless god itself

He just meet Arya in KL and found that she is special, co just observe her and helping all the way. 

Then that what happened in last episode could be planned by this god. 

5 hours ago, zalim said:

well i believe they are just another faction influencing events all around the world.

there are no gods in asoiaf books or the show 

Have we been reading/watching the same thing? From resurrections to weirwood trees there are numerous instances of the powers of the gods at work. 

4 hours ago, Shortspear Rick said:

Have we been reading/watching the same thing? From resurrections to weirwood trees there are numerous instances of the powers of the gods at work. 

Or just Magic. What the other guy is probably saying is because GRRM is atheist his books have gods but they are not real. Also there is a ssm saying we will never see the gods personified and many, imo mistakenly, believe this to mean there are no gods. Though, I'm also an Atheist I don't believe this ssm=no gods. Just means we won't see a big ball of a flaming man in the sky. It will be and forever be left ambiguous.

33 minutes ago, Ser Davos said:

I think the many faced god will be the one that the white  walkers worship it's the only thing that makes sense that ties them into the Great War with the lord of light 

I like this a lot

2 hours ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

Or just Magic. What the other guy is probably saying is because GRRM is atheist his books have gods but they are not real. Also there is a ssm saying we will never see the gods personified and many, imo mistakenly, believe this to mean there are no gods. Though, I'm also an Atheist I don't believe this ssm=no gods. Just means we won't see a big ball of a flaming man in the sky. It will be and forever be left ambiguous.

I think people just split hairs about what a god might be based on preconceived notions. I'm an atheist myself but I don't live in a world with legitimate magic. I think the best example of there being supernatural beings is when Varys gets his junk burned. There is a voice that spoke from the flames. Years later a priestess of the same religion (presumably) who shouldn't know what happened knows exactly so, right down the the voices from the flames. To me this points to an actual behind the scenes figure who communicates to his followers. Yes, it's magic, but once you take magic beyond simple illusions and explainable scientific reactions (such as wildfire) you leave the door open for the existence of beings that we would consider gods. At the very least there should some behind the scenes figure who uses magic to display their power and control a sect of followers. If that's not something that could be considered a god I don't know what is.

I believe Martin though when he says we'll never see any of the potential gods because it's not necessary to the story. Hell, it may not even be possible for them to take corporeal form in the first place. Not actually showing the gods but demonstrating their power is a sort of test of faith to both the reader and the characters in the story. Some will call it simple parlor tricks and other will see it as divine influence (sounds familiar). In the end though, this is fantasy. There are dragons, warlocks, magical doors, zombies and giants. I think when those in such a story profess divine power and actually demonstrate it then we should take them at their word. However, we are trained to be skeptical of such occurrences whether by our own divine skepticism or by constantly not taking everything at face value because we try to spot fakes, conspiracies, pretenders and other plot twists where there are none. 

For an example look no further than the OP. Now, I might be convinced to believe that the many faced god may very well take human form inside the house of black and white. Due to the face-changing nature of people such as the kindly man, who is to say that he is not some god whose appearance we have no idea of taking on a human form. I don't believe it but it's much more likely than when you start throwing in other Arya storyline characters like Syrio. Take another theory from a different thread like Arya being under water dancing training the entire time. Just because Syrio and those in the HoB&W might use similar speech patterns and phrases doesn't mean they are connected in any regard other than being native to the same area. Just because I speak with the word "y'all" doesn't mean I have anything to do with the religious right which controls my state. It's just a matter of local dialect. Any theory based solely on coincidences is not likely to stand up to scrutiny.. 

2 hours ago, Ser Davos said:

I think the many faced god will be the one that the white  walkers worship it's the only thing that makes sense that ties them into the Great War with the lord of light 

If the WW worship any god, it would be the old gods. At least from the events the show has given us.. 

15 hours ago, Shortspear Rick said:

i dont know are they god or not, but world is full os special creatures stronger than other's maybe they're gods, maybe not

but i think the main storyline will be battle beetwen them. 

Euron as the Drowned god - we can see it from last relased chapter

Many face god

Lord of light

Maybe the greenseer's was the old god's

Night King can also be somethink like god

only faith of the 7 look's like shit - no magic, no power :D

First, I know of no reason to include Syrio in that group. 

Second, there is some basis to conclude the FM are a conglomerate of sorts. In the scene where Arya was blinded the Waif and Jaqen seemed to switch their identities around, and both were still alive after one appeared to die. And, more importantly, when Arya pulled faces from the one who appeared to be dead, she saw that there were multiple faces there. 

Most importantly, her face was included in that collection. That would suggest that each FM may be a collection, including Arya, and that Arya already includes them. Hence, she already is "no one," she just doesn't realize it yet. 

On 7.6.2016 at 6:06 PM, Shortspear Rick said:

oh no sorry i should have been more clear

well i believe a theory which says there are no gods in the show

also grrm said we will meet NO GODS in the show

which is also the part of theory so yeah 

sorry i should have written it properly....

i also dont believe prophecies are true, i think they are created by men in power thn later they manipulate ppl to fullfill those propechies 

ppl like greenseers, glass candle users, shrouded lord etc. they send you visions and dreams to manipulate you and your thoughts...

so yeah they come close to "gods" but real almighty gods doesnt exists....

On 6/7/2016 at 11:31 AM, SevasTra82 said:

Syrio was the First sword of Braavos and has no connections to the FM...I don't see why people keep trying to shoe-horn him into the House of Black and White....

This. 

The only connection Syrio has to all of this, was that he was from Braavos. 

There's no way that he can be reasonably linked to this story arc that makes any sort of sense. 

"Shoe-horning" is the perfect description for this. 

7 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

This. 

The only connection Syrio has to all of this, was that he was from Braavos. 

There's no way that he can be reasonably linked to this story arc that makes any sort of sense. 

"Shoe-horning" is the perfect description for this. 

We dont exacly know who jaquen or Syrio really is. 

But Jaquen appeared after dissappear of Syrio. And FM can be so easly caught? really? all of us saw what they can do, so the only way to caught them is - if they want to be caught. 

21 minutes ago, Morgred said:

But Jaquen appeared after dissappear of Syrio. And FM can be so easly caught? really? all of us saw what they can do, so the only way to caught them is - if they want to be caught. 

I like where this line of thought is headed.

46 minutes ago, Morgred said:

Syrio Forel wasn't a FM. 

He wasn't caught and killed because he wanted to be caught and killed. 

He was caught and killed because it let Arya escape. 

Don't forget - that moment was what put Meryn Trant on Arya's list to begin with.

Don't think they would simply undermine that with a "SURPRISE HE'S STILL AROUND" segment, especially given how regularly they've been bringing people back this season.

Wlaschiha, the actor who plays Jaqen, told The Hollywood Reporter:

"It’s all part of a bigger plan. We still don’t know who Jaqen is and why he showed up in the story in the first place. It was never explained why he ended up in the black cells in King’s Landing and then went on that journey. It wasn’t a coincidence. It was all part of a bigger plan — that’s my theory."

Hmmm..... The show does love recycling/bringing back old characters, even at the expense of the books (Benjen is Coldhands in the show, Jaqen is the Kindly Man on the show, etc). The timeline of Syrio's supposed death and Jaqen's introduction to the storyline definitely matches up. Why would Jaqen take an interest in Arya, even before she rescued him from the burning cage?

Additionally, why would Jaqen seem so sad  when he asked the Waif to kill Arya, and what did he mean when he said "A shame. A girl has many gifts?" Seems like an odd thing for him to say when he hasn't been training Arya that long, unless he knew her from his time training her as a Water Dancer.

I'll just leave this here:

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/i9Au7XT.jpg

Archived