Sansa and Little Finger

AryaSansa

As far as Sansa knows, LF saved her from Joffrey, saved her from Lysa and gave her the option of turning around if she wasn't ready for Ramsey.

Why is Sansa so mean to LittleFinger?

If Roose Bolton didn't know how terrible Ramsay was, what makes LittleFinger capable of knowing?  Perhaps LittleFinger thought Roose would control his son.  Perhaps he thought Sansa would be smitten by Sansa and treat her kindly - there are many evil men who are sweethearts to their wives (i.e. Hitler)

She could be just as mad as her father for marrying her to Joffrey!  (He gave me to a monster!)

Little Finger is offering the Vale army to her, and she says no?

Her logic doesn't make any sense.  Am I giving the writers too much credit?

Just now, AryaSansa said:

Why is Sansa so mean to LittleFinger?

the girl got raped and beaten multiple times and you question why sansa is so mean to littlefinger and refused his help? you want her to welcome him and say to him 'thank you for giving me to a rapist'? what logic is that ? you are blaming the victim here, it's not her logic who doesn't make any sense but it's yours

Sansa also insinuated to Littlefinger that  she was flayed. and the thought of what he cut is so repulsive that I will not mention it specifically on a public thread. However, she can still feel what he did to her, inside her body, weeks after the fact while she was standing there, telling LF about it.

58 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

the girl got raped and beaten multiple times and you question why sansa is so mean to littlefinger and refused his help? you want her to welcome him and say to him 'thank you for giving me to a rapist'? what logic is that ? you are blaming the victim here, it's not her logic who doesn't make any sense but it's yours

I think the logic behind OPs statement relied on the fact that it's not exactly the case that LF just "gave" Sansa to the Boltons. Previous season made it quite clear that Sansa had a choice not to marry Ramsay and yet for some mysterious reason they never mention - she did. Something about her desire to avenge her family, but how did she want to do it, I have no idea. One could argue that LF "gave" her to Boltons in a sense that he knew there was nothing in it for her, and yet he somehow talked her into doing it, so that he could get the support of Lannister army to take Winterfell. So yeah, he did use her, but I wouldn't say he "gave" her to anyone - she had some agency in that situation. And this is a rather condescending term, she's not an object.

Just now, Kiwi said:

I think the logic behind OPs statement relied on the fact that it's not exactly the case that LF just "gave" Sansa to the Boltons. Previous season made it quite clear that Sansa had a choice not to marry Ramsay and yet for some mysterious reason they never mention - she did. Something about her desire to avenge her family, but how did she want to do it, I have no idea. One could argue that LF "gave" her to Boltons in a sense that he knew there was nothing in it for her, and yet he somehow talked her into doing it, so that he could get the support of Lannister army to take Winterfell. So yeah, he did use her, but I wouldn't say he "gave" her to anyone - she had some agency in that situation. And this is a rather condescending term, she's not an object.

the OP is clearly blaming Sansa for her manners with LF and for not accepting his help, he/she said that because LF saved her in the past she must don't give a shit about her rape,  OP is the embodiment of the culture 'blame the raped not the rapist'

28 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

she called it correctly: he's either an idiot or her enemy. this is true of the people who write the show as well. they're either completely shit writers or they hate sansa. 

I think its both (in reference to the writers).  Ever since they ran out of material and started to have to write their own plots, everything went to hell in a hand basket.

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think you need to learn to read and discern, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Should Sansa be angry at her father for "giving" her to Joffrey?

If no, then why shouldn't she forgive Little Finger as well then?

If yes, then shouldn't she be able to forgive, based that both acts were unintentional?

Also, remember that Little Finger gave her a choice, so if Little Finger is to blame, then she should question her own faulty judgment as well.

Your "blaming the victim" response is so out of line with the argument that I don't think you are even trying to understand the position.

1 hour ago, AryaSansa said:

If no, then why shouldn't she forgive Little Finger as well then?

she forgave him, see mole's town scene, at first she was going to kill him and then she said "you saved me ........." after that she told him to go away, this is forgiveness

1 hour ago, AryaSansa said:

Also, remember that Little Finger gave her a choice, so if Little Finger is to blame, then she should question her own faulty judgment as well.

ok let's blame her because she wanted to take her home back let's forget her sacrifice and start blaming

I don't understand this double standard with sansa, with Jon the fans were like 'don't forgive the kid, kill olly' and with sansa : 'Oh, why she didn't forgive LF?'

If sansa forgive LF : 'what a stupid girl, she shouldn't forgive him'/ if sansa doesn't forgive him : 'oh what a stupid girl, she should forgive him' 

Reaction thread, post something sensational and see what happens.

Yes, Ned "gave" her to Joffrey, but at that point Joffrey and his family had shown zero signs of being sadistic and there was no sign that Robert was going to die so soon and Joffrey would have all that power. Ned also tried to get her away from there as soon as he realized what the Lannisters were like. She went to Cersei and told her his plan, so no, she should not be mad at Ned.

The Boltons on the other hand, LF knew they helped Tywin in the Red Wedding. Sansa might not know this because she was kept away from people while in KL until LF helped her leave. After that there is no indication that she is told anything about them before she marries Ramsey. If you remember LF didn't tell the other Vale lords where he was taking Sansa, he lied to them and said she was taken by the Boltons. To me this tells us that they knew how bad the Boltons were, and so did LF, and that Sansa was kept in the dark.

Hopefully Sansa has a plan here to screw LF.

And I don't think she was flayed, I would assume the rape and other items used in it.

Archived