Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future Null Infinity

Sansa saving Winterfell, wildlings and the northerners

Recommended Posts

My opinion on Sansa sending a letter to LF :

after a disastrous compaign with the lords of the north, Jon and Sansa got a desorganized army of 2000 wildlings and 62 mormonts, they have 0 chance against the powerful alliance of boltons-karstarks-umbers, sansa knows that it will be a genocide, jon knows that, davos knows that and everybody knows that

 Winterfell is occupied and Rickon is a prisoner, she sent a letter to LF to help them, why she didn't tell Jon about this letter? we all know the answer : Jon will categorically refuse any help from LF, she got two options : death of everybody by the boltons or lie to Jon, she picked the second option, is a lie compared to a victory a big deal, no!!!

by writing this letter, sansa renounced to what left of her stark pride to call the man who gave her to a rapist for help, she was forced to lie to her trutworthy brother, she sacrificed all that to save Winterfell, Rickon, Jon, Davos, the wildlings and all the North

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm of the opinion that you're right-ish but that the Stark team will actually be winning when Littlefinger and the Vale show up. Even though leaked information says I'm wrong, I still feel this makes for a stronger narrative. Also it would be a play on the reverse of "the game". As her game tactics weren't necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But what matters is what happens after the battle is won.

How is Sansa going to say "Thank you, you can go" to LF? She simply won't, and LF will have gained the north, defeated the only army able to stop him (Bolton + Umbers + Karstarks) while the remeinders of Jon's motley army won't be able to do a thing.

Et voilà, the North is served. LF is playing only one game and no less, and in the game, you win, or you die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very sure Jon would have said no to help from Little Finger, and Davos I think would have said yes... after all Robert Arryn is Stark's cousin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grufolo said:

But what matters is what happens after the battle is won.

How is Sansa going to say "Thank you, you can go" to LF? She simply won't, and LF will have gained the north, defeated the only army able to stop him (Bolton + Umbers + Karstarks) while the remeinders of Jon's motley army won't be able to do a thing.

Et voilà, the North is served. LF is playing only one game and no less, and in the game, you win, or you die.

Except the Karstarks don't appear to be aiding the Boltons, and the Umbers, I think, will jump sides mid-battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon wouldn't deny help at this point. The problem is how is Sansa going to explain to Jon why the freaking armies of the Vale were at the North's entrance waiting for her to call them in and she never said a word!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is LF's bitch-I-told-ya-so smirk if he swoops in with the Knights of the Vale to save the day is gonna be unbearable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

Jon wouldn't deny help at this point. The problem is how is Sansa going to explain to Jon why the freaking armies of the Vale were at the North's entrance waiting for her to call them in and she never said a word!

It's this duplicity that the show has purposely made it unclear as to how these characters would react because their reactions to each others backstory after being separated all this time was not played out in any scenes.

I am surprised that Sansa doesn't really make any reference of Jon coming back from the dead, or what happened in Hardholme with the Wight Walkers.

We really don't know how Jon reacted after hearing of Sansa's story, perhaps she lied about everything who knows? I think Jon would've been exactly like Ned, probably would've accepted LF's help with open arms thinking that he could just beat him up after the fighting was done - like a soldier would think. That is what got Ned in trouble in KL with LF, thinking that armies/soldiers gave people power. 

6 hours ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:
  Hide contents

She's going to crown Jon KitN effectively, beating LF this round of the Game. 

Well the bolded part is what the redit spoilers said. I think the rest. 

You are exactly right. This could very well be Sansa's final trump card over LF.

Spoiler

Getting the North to finally side with Jon Stark. The Vale Army would not be able to take on the entire North united. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

All I know is LF's bitch-I-told-ya-so smirk if he swoops in with the Knights of the Vale to save the day is gonna be unbearable.

Yeah I am ready for him to go. The thought of Jon's "Small council" consisting of Davos (Yes this is rad), Mel (ehhh), and LF (puke) saddens me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She's going to crown Jon KitN effectively, beating LF this round of the Game. 

Well the bolded part is what the redit spoilers said. I think the rest. 

Sansa will agree to it but Nothern lords will proclaim Jon as King In the North and Jon Stark. I heard about them expessing regret by not following him into the battle. Lord Glover, Lord Cerwyn, probably Wyman Manderly and Lyanna Mormont. Most notable Lords and in Lyanna's case Lady. It's all in eisode 10 and it makes sense as both Lord Cerwyn and Manderly shot only for one day so that means scene after the battle. Sansa will agree to it most likely so LF can't win and Vale can't beat the North. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Yeah I am ready for him to go. The thought of Jon's "Small council" consisting of Davos (Yes this is rad), Mel (ehhh), and LF (puke) saddens me. 

Are you kidding me? I would kill (almost) to see that happen! Can you imagine how fun it would be to witness? Throw in Thormund and I think we have a winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Except the Karstarks don't appear to be aiding the Boltons, and the Umbers, I think, will jump sides mid-battle. 

umbers change sides? when rickon die? what they can expect? 

 

after the battle - " ok lord umber u help us but u killed our brother. Burn him alive" ;)

 

i think umbers are in worse position than karstark - they can still join stark, umbers not !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could LF ride in, round the Boltons, install Sansa as wardeness of the north, and either marry her himself, or marry her to Little Robin. In effect becoming lord protector of the North and the Vale. 

If he does this, and House Lannister and Tyrell falter due to events in KL. It  creates a serious power vacuum, and LF would pretty much be the most powerful man in Westeros, ready to capitalize on the chaos. Although rather than moving in the background, he would be at the forefront with his motivations an intentions clear for all. 

If I was LF, and I did the above, my next move would be to seek a marriage alliance with Dany. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Imp slap said:

Are you kidding me? I would kill (almost) to see that happen! Can you imagine how fun it would be to witness? Throw in Thormund and I think we have a winner. 

So Sansa's small council would be Davos master of ships/law?, Tormund to keep wildlings happy and to stare at >>>, Brienne her Queensguard LC, Jon the sulking hand of the Queen, Mel as a pseudo Measter, LF back as master of coin, that would be great, him ending up right where he started! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

All I know is LF's bitch-I-told-ya-so smirk if he swoops in with the Knights of the Vale to save the day is gonna be unbearable.

Not after Sansa has him executed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Yeah I am ready for him to go. The thought of Jon's "Small council" consisting of Davos (Yes this is rad), Mel (ehhh), and LF (puke) saddens me. 

Ugh yeah I'm gonna be pretty dismayed if LF manages to worm himself onto Jon's small council. Hopefully if he doesn't get executed (which is the ideal outcome) he's at least sent packing back to the Vale after failing to gain the foothold in WF he was hoping for with Sansa. Even better is if Jon becoming KitN is partially thanks to Sansa outmaneuvering LF, though I don't know how much influence she'd have over those proceedings. Hopefully she has some involvement beyond just going along with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would this play out in the books?  I assume in the next book Jon comes to Winterfell from the wall with an army of northerners and wildlings and perhaps Melisandre (while Davos is off looking for Rickon), while Sansa and Littlefinger come from the Vale with Robin and the Vale army.  Unless Sansa learns that Littlefinger betrayed her father, she doesn't have any quarrel with him.  (Meanwhile Stannis and his family and part of his army are still alive, Mance is still alive somewhere, Brienne has never encountered any of these people, and Jeyne Poole is somewhere in the middle of it all.)  If the show and the books are to eventually get back in sync, I am curious how these divergent stories will ultimately converge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adam141414 said:

Could LF ride in, round the Boltons, install Sansa as wardeness of the north, and either marry her himself, or marry her to Little Robin. In effect becoming lord protector of the North and the Vale. 

If he does this, and House Lannister and Tyrell falter due to events in KL. It  creates a serious power vacuum, and LF would pretty much be the most powerful man in Westeros, ready to capitalize on the chaos. Although rather than moving in the background, he would be at the forefront with his motivations an intentions clear for all. 

If I was LF, and I did the above, my next move would be to seek a marriage alliance with Dany. 

That's exactly how i'm seeing the future.

Only hiccup is that the WW are about to storm in. LF is not ready for supernatural shit... he's a amaster of humans, he'll not be able to figure out how to deal with such things as the WW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×