The Mountain vs Lancel - Do we get it in Ep8

House of Lords

Yup, seems like Lancel is not long for the world of Planetos. But I wonder what this will mean for Cersei; some say her trial won't be until the end of the season yet I doubt the HS is going to take the death of several of his FM lying down. There has to be an immediate response to that, methinks.

The trailer for this episode confirms that a lot of sh*t will go down. Something I noticed though.....the last scene from the trailer seems to show Zombie Mountain picking an unfortunate Faith Militant guy up off of the floor by his head - unless anyone thinks it looks like something different?

1 hour ago, Every Last Chicken said:

May as well rename your thread title to "Mike Tyson vs an infant", OP, because that is pretty much what this fight is going to look like...lol

It's like when you listen to traffic news on the radio and they say, "motorcycle vs. automobile collision."  In other words, a guy on a bike just got horribly messed up and a car got some scratches.

7 hours ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

I think Lancel swings, gets thrown away, others attack and get smashed. Near the end, this guy tries to escape and gets his head ripped off (going to be an incredibly graphic death) but I think Lancel lives and retreats.

I'm going to have nightmares with this one. I still think of the watermelon viper every now and then. 

20 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

Lancel was never a good fighter. The only fighters in GOT I would say stand a chance against the Mountain, are Loras, Brienne, Bronn, Sandor & maybe Daario. 

I disagree with Loras, Bronn and maybe also Daario.

Loras got attacked in S01 by the mountain and almost shitted his pants. He's a good knight, not a good fighter.
Bronn is smart and fast, but I do think he will lose against the mountain. You could compare it with the viper, but he had a long ranged weapon, where bronn uses the same weapon (sword) as the mountain, he won't have that advantage.
What did Daario show to prove his strength? Nothing special if you ask me. I don't say he doesn't stand a chance, but I don't feel he had a really good fight so far. 

2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I disagree with Loras, Bronn and maybe also Daario.

Loras got attacked in S01 by the mountain and almost shitted his pants. He's a good knight, not a good fighter.
Bronn is smart and fast, but I do think he will lose against the mountain. You could compare it with the viper, but he had a long ranged weapon, where bronn uses the same weapon (sword) as the mountain, he won't have that advantage.
What did Daario show to prove his strength? Nothing special if you ask me. I don't say he doesn't stand a chance, but I don't feel he had a really good fight so far. 

Loras was cheated when the Mountain snuck up on him and attacked him form behind.

Oberyn showed the mountain's weakness to be lack of pace and movement. Bronn shares similarities with Oberyn (both forego armour in favour of speed). So I think Bronn could beat him. And like Oberyn, Bronn has extreme confidence and lack of fear. But unlike Oberyn, isnt as smug. 

9 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

Loras was cheated when the Mountain snuck up on him and attacked him form behind.

Oberyn showed the mountain's weakness to be lack of pace and movement. Bronn shares similarities with Oberyn (both forego armour in favour of speed). So I think Bronn could beat him. And like Oberyn, Bronn has extreme confidence and lack of fear. But unlike Oberyn, isnt as smug. 

And doesn't need a confession

7 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

It wasn't really sneaking up. The mountain first killed his horse, but Loras was busy impressing Sansa instead of reacting to the noise of the horse dying.

Besides that, Loras still also has had no decent fights, so I see no reason why he would stand a chance.

Again, I agree with the speed of Bronn, but he has a big disadvantage compared to Oberyn; wielding a short ranged weapon. The mountain needs you close because that's where he is strong. And don't forget, Oberyn had a couple of close calls too. Besides, Bronn is smug too, but probably not so stupid to not finish the mountain off.

But as long as we don't actually see them fight, we can't know for sure.

I don't think anyone human stand a chance against UnGregor, for the sheer reason that he is a zombie now, and that cutting/stabbing/slashing him will never stop him.

The way I see it, the only two ways the Mountain can be stopped are:

1/ Breaking whatever magic is keeping him "alive"
2/ Inflicting serious damages to his body (explosion, behading, you name it...)

Archived