The Mountain vs Lancel - Do we get it in Ep8

House of Lords

On 6/7/2016 at 4:42 PM, Barrystan the Bald said:

The trailer for this episode confirms that a lot of sh*t will go down. Something I noticed though.....the last scene from the trailer seems to show Zombie Mountain picking an unfortunate Faith Militant guy up off of the floor by his head - unless anyone thinks it looks like something different?

Looks to me like the mountain will rip his head backwards, and maybe straight off his shoulders.

I wonder if the gag we were told they have been wanting to do on the show for a few seasons and are finally pulling off in season six is something the Mountain does to kill one of the FM. We've been hearing about it for a while; some amazing gag that's technically challenging to pull off. Could it be the Mountain ripping off a FM guy's head full on screen? In a way we haven't seen done before? Or some other way he kills one of them?

Loras is a tourney knight and little else. I'd take Jon Snow over Loras any day. At least Jon is a true fighter, and with his Valyrian steel sword Longclaw, he has a better chance of slicing FrankenGregor to pieces than Loras has of even scratching him. However all would succumb to the unstoppable force that is Wun-Wun.

10 hours ago, Big Daddy said:

I wonder if the gag we were told they have been wanting to do on the show for a few seasons and are finally pulling off in season six is something the Mountain does to kill one of the FM. We've been hearing about it for a while; some amazing gag that's technically challenging to pull off. Could it be the Mountain ripping off a FM guy's head full on screen? In a way we haven't seen done before? Or some other way he kills one of them?

I think that gag was Mel's true form.

For a couple things, Loras was in a jousting tourney and had won, the mountain grabbed his sword and attacked an unarmed Loras unexpectedly. So of course during a tourney he wasn't expecting to be fighting for his life.

Brienne however beat Loras while in the melee for rights to be in Renly's Kingsguard. She also beat a tired Jaime and beat the Hound. I think in one on one combat she could win, but not without taking some serious damage herself.

Bronn, would also stand a good chance at beating the Mountain due to their contrasting techniques.

Wun Wun, honestly unless he knows how to use and has a sword his size or something he would be in trouble. I guess he could just rip up a tree and use that! Would be nice to see the look on the Mountains face if Wun Wun came around a corner to fight him, WTF......

On June 8, 2016 at 6:32 PM, House of Lords said:

Looks to me like the mountain will rip his head backwards, and maybe straight off his shoulders.

Yup.

5 hours ago, VladimirDulud said:

seems weird story pacing to do -

mountain vs lancel and sparrows

mountain vs loras

mountain vs hound

no?

seems like overkill.

no pun intended.

For all the talk about Cleganebowl and speculation over who the Mountain will face in Cerise's trial of combat, no one has ever considered that the trial might not actually happen.  I think it's more likely at this point (in the show at least) the conflict between Cersei and the HS will resolve itself before then, making the trial moot.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, dooog said:

Don't all of the Faith Militant have those same clubs? it's not necessarily Lancel

Nope. Pause the preview clip where needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YhA-CKYdtg

They are all holding maces, but all of them have different heads. Lancel's is the only one with flanges that would fit the impressions we see in the Mountain's breastplate later in the video.

As to my thoughts on the rest of the discussion;

Book Loras might have a shot....show Loras would be butchered.

Bronn or Brienne wouldn't stand much of a chance either IMHO.

To be honest; Maybe none of them would. That's King's guard full plate armor he's wearing now, and his strength lets the steel be thicker than any normal man could wear, even down to the chainmail protecting the joints. I can't see any of them having the strength to penetrate it, so their quickness wouldn't help.

Wun Wun FTW!!!

On 11-6-2016 at 10:34 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yup.

For all the talk about Cleganebowl and speculation over who the Mountain will face in Cerise's trial of combat, no one has ever considered that the trial might not actually happen.  I think it's more likely at this point (in the show at least) the conflict between Cersei and the HS will resolve itself before then, making the trial moot.

Pretty much everybody who looked up Truede on Reddit disagrees.

9 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Pretty much everybody who looked up Truede on Reddit disagrees.

I don't know who that is.  At least, I haven't seen much discussion of that type on these boards.

Anyway, Tommen, almost certainly at the behest of Uncle Kevan and Pycell,  buffalo'd Cersei by outlawing trail by combat.  'Never saw that coming.

Archived