R+L=J v.161

RumHam

3 hours ago, J. Stargaryen said:

It seems like people are talking about the show in here. Are we allowed to do that? I'm not sure so I'm going to stay away from that for now. :)

Can you even avoid anything about the show at this point?
Unless if of everything on the internet you only come here.

9 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

They think it'll be different in the books?  They don't know how D&D got the permission to do the show? :P

Yeah they think Martin will change shit up just for the lolz.

13 hours ago, Nami said:

I was talking to some people on facebook and even though the show confirmed R+L=J, which everything point to in the books, and even released an infographic showing that Rhaegar is Jon's father, people are still clinging to theories such as A+N = J and R+L=D.

I think that the long wait between books has resulted in some people becoming far too attached to their pet theories. Also, some people cling to the misconception that Martin is this ultimate trickster just waiting to pull the rug out from under us with a shocking twist out of left field. In reality, Martin is quite meticulous with symbolism, foreshadowing and subtext so any 'twist' makes perfect sense in hindsight. Luckily we no longer have an indefinite wait. In the next 11 months we will get explicit confirmation either by TWoW being published or the show spelling it out.

4 hours ago, J. Stargaryen said:

You can avoid saying stuff about (season 6 of) the show. In theory. ;)

You can and I have. But as time passes and WoW continues not to be released, it gets more difficult to continue to have discussions without acknowledging that some of the thought process is influenced by events on the show. 

I will continue to do my best and think I can maintain the "fiction" that the show does not exist when posting in the book sub-forum, but I suspect over time the "leakage" with happen more and more from different posters to the point where the pretense will become a little silly.

10 hours ago, Ygrain said:

Damn, man, I nearly choked on my breakfast :D

Don't forget, you need to prove that Rhaegar and Lyanna ever had sex, or that they were ever in the same room. You also need to attach a photo of the one lucky sperm reaching the egg :D

Very true.  And there's no evidence that Lyanna wasn't part sperm whale and could have carried a child for 14 months with Robert's child...so we can't jump to conclusions.

16 minutes ago, sj4iy said:

Very true.  And there's no evidence that Lyanna wasn't part sperm whale and could have carried a child for 14 months with Robert's child...so we can't jump to conclusions.

I've seen one guy on youtube who gives GoT  episodes fair reviews. Read all the books and such, and the dude still think there's a possibility of R+L=DANY!
Why people ignore the fact that Viserys saw his mother give birth to Dany, she actually died at birth, and raised her as his sister? Nope. Ignore that. Let's also ignore that GRRM confirmed Dany was born 8 months after Jon, so Lyanna was very much dead then.

The best is the R being Robert. Yeah I'm sure Lyanna had a 12+ month pegnancy and Robert would have killed his own son he had with the woman he loved.

Arthur Dayne being the father...So Rhaegar was just a matchmaker for his  King's Guard and Lyanna Stark?

1 hour ago, Nami said:

I've seen one guy on youtube who gives GoT  episodes fair reviews. Read all the books and such, and the dude still think there's a possibility of R+L=DANY!
Why people ignore the fact that Viserys saw his mother give birth to Dany, she actually died at birth, and raised her as his sister? Nope. Ignore that. Let's also ignore that GRRM confirmed Dany was born 8 months after Jon, so Lyanna was very much dead then.

The best is the R being Robert. Yeah I'm sure Lyanna had a 12+ month pegnancy and Robert would have killed his own son he had with the woman he loved.

Arthur Dayne being the father...So Rhaegar was just a matchmaker for his  King's Guard and Lyanna Stark?

Preston Jacobs? :D

I think his reviews are mostly fair, as post season 4 the show became unbearably awful I can still find some good scenes here and there but to him everything is bad, where actually only most of the things are bad : p

13 hours ago, J. Stargaryen said:

It seems like people are talking about the show in here. Are we allowed to do that? I'm not sure so I'm going to stay away from that for now. :)

If you report the posts they will be deleted. I just stopped bothering after the first night. It's not exactly a major shocking spoiler. 

2 hours ago, sgtpimenta said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call Preston Jacobs' review fair. It's more like hateful nitpicking, disguised in self-important criticism.

Well some things are really bad and he mostly criticizes the writing that became so inconsistent last 2 or 3 seasons
Yeah a lot of nitpicks too, but I always find nitpicks funny so I watch his videos
But really, R+L=D??

7 hours ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

You can and I have. But as time passes and WoW continues not to be released, it gets more difficult to continue to have discussions without acknowledging that some of the thought process is influenced by events on the show. 

I will continue to do my best and think I can maintain the "fiction" that the show does not exist when posting in the book sub-forum, but I suspect over time the "leakage" with happen more and more from different posters to the point where the pretense will become a little silly.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

If you report the posts they will be deleted. I just stopped bothering after the first night. It's not exactly a major shocking spoiler. 

I agree with both of you wholeheartedly. I was just curious. Thanks for responding.

Archived