Possible Red Wedding 2.0

Nina of Winter

11 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

In the stupid idiot's defense, even Joffrey was killed at his wedding and the Lannisters are far from naive. But admittedly both Robb and Ned Stark had it coming for placing their trust in someone they shouldn't have in spite of several warnings and reasons not to. 

And I kinda hope there will be no more weddings. It's starting to get repetitive. I'm sure there are other creative ways to kill off the Freys. The bad thing about the red wedding was that it was basically a violation of laws and morals as well. How would it make anybody better than the Freys if they started butchering People at a wedding just like the Freys? Revenge is not a good enough excuse, otherwise it was good enough for Lord Walder too. 

I personally would like to see some novelty and a different way to kill the Freys. 

Actually wasn't thinking of a Frey-style butchering, where the hosts do the killing. What I had in mind is someone using the opportunity of a huge Frey-Lannister gathering and somehow breaking into the wedding without anyone noticing, then starting to kill everyone.  I can see what you're saying though, another way to kill a bunch of Freys could be interesting as well. 

17 minutes ago, Nina of Winter said:

Actually wasn't thinking of a Frey-style butchering, where the hosts do the killing. What I had in mind is someone using the opportunity of a huge Frey-Lannister gathering and somehow breaking into the wedding without anyone noticing, then starting to kill everyone.  I can see what you're saying though, another way to kill a bunch of Freys could be interesting as well. 

Aha, see. Yeah, that could be fine. A third party attacking a wedding. Even though I still feel like it was quite enough of weddings. We will see. 

I was trying to come up with ways for Red Wedding 2.0 to occur. At first I was thinking that Arya could be the catalyst, but it seems like it would be difficult for her to get there narratively before the end of the season. Also, how would she accomplish that much mayhem on her own?

Another option just dawned on me: the Brotherhood without Banners. They've already shown they are prone to mass killings, seemingly with no real purpose. If they can somehow infiltrate the wedding, I can see them executing Freys and Lannisters.

16 minutes ago, Darren Allen said:

I was trying to come up with ways for Red Wedding 2.0 to occur. At first I was thinking that Arya could be the catalyst, but it seems like it would be difficult for her to get there narratively before the end of the season. Also, how would she accomplish that much mayhem on her own?

Poison the water supply.

Archived