"I choose violence"

Biffins

Anyone know (or care to speculate) why they changed the delivery of this line from the one we saw in the original Season 6's first trailer to the one we now see in the episode 8 preview. It seemed Cersei's delivery of the line in the original trailer was aggressive and combative. While her reading of the line in the episode 8 preview was hesitant and desperate. 

Why the change of mind in the tone for the character. Perhaps a darker fate awaits Cersei at season's end. Certainly it has been foreshadowed by the Queen of Thorns advising her to leave town and Cersei ignoring her. It's possible that Cersi meets her maker in the coming episodes as the Hound defeats Robert Strong in the trial by combat. 

I was curious if anyone else picked up on the change of delivery of this line, which has been highlighted in both the Season 6 Trailer 1 and in the Episode 8 Preview. 

5 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

HBO has a tendency to play up their trailers to attract interest. You've seen a lot of that this season alone.

Yes but I am talking about why they changed the take of this line from the original trailer to the episode 8 preview. It changes the tone of the character completely. The same "I choose violence" line is delivered completely different in the original trailer vs the episode 8 preview.

That's normal. Different takes and everything. Whoever was making the trailer chose that one for some reason. Maybe the other shots weren't completed yet. Maybe, as noted above, they chose it cause it sounded cooler as a trailer line.

8 hours ago, Sir Bronn said:

Won't believe the Hype anymore

You should never have believed it in the first place :D Hype, by it's nature, is always bullshit.

This Sparrow scene was especially disappointing though. So FrankenGregor rips out a skull and spine Predator fashion - fair enough, it's a formidable display of strength - but the High Sparrow said sparrows were happy to die for their cause, they could have tried to rush PredatorGregor. There were still 7 of them left, all armed. Cersie and Quyburn weren't going to do anything. It was campy 50s monster movie bullshit - they all stand and look wide eyed at the man in a monster suit. Fuck it was annoying.

I spent all week expecting Robert Strong to totally destroy Lansel and his pack of stooges, and all we get is one death and Robert doesn't even draw his sword. He better kill the hell out of some sparrows next episode or I am going to be seriously unhappy.

I think the final version was quieter and more menacing, a more sinister and resolved declaration of "war" against them. 

The trailer version was loud and proud. The final version was, I think, a little bit darker though. 

On 6/13/2016 at 6:22 AM, ummester said:

You should never have believed it in the first place :D Hype, by it's nature, is always bullshit.

This Sparrow scene was especially disappointing though. So FrankenGregor rips out a skull and spine Predator fashion - fair enough, it's a formidable display of strength - but the High Sparrow said sparrows were happy to die for their cause, they could have tried to rush PredatorGregor. There were still 7 of them left, all armed. Cersie and Quyburn weren't going to do anything. It was campy 50s monster movie bullshit - they all stand and look wide eyed at the man in a monster suit. Fuck it was annoying.

What else is new?  LOL.  

I'm interested if next week is good, or sort of good, what with battles! CGI! and feel good Starkiness! if everyone will forget the cracks in the show that are now very hard to overlook.  And same with the coming ep. 10 KL finale of death.  Will all be forgiven and everyone goes back to GOT Rocks We Luvs It Precious.

KL has been stupid for the last 2 seasons, last year it was convoluted and far fetched, this year, it's boring.  Wouldn't just as an option, Lena going to slowly bat shit and making more and more bad decisions ultimately culminating in her burning X to the ground have been far more entertaining than the High Cobbler speechifying, and all of these dull scenes of dullness punctuated by a couple Predator kills and Lena as totally sane and subdued only to out of nowhere lose her shit and go nuts?

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, Net-Viper X said:

I spent all week expecting Robert Strong to totally destroy Lansel and his pack of stooges, and all we get is one death and Robert doesn't even draw his sword. He better kill the hell out of some sparrows next episode or I am going to be seriously unhappy.

a Lannister never pays their debts

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

And I'm sure that regardless of whatever meat sack handles the trailers, they get done more or less the way the auteur wants them.

They don't, but that's not really a point worth debating. Read up if you're interested I guess.

On 6/13/2016 at 10:48 AM, Net-Viper X said:

Boy, you could not have summed up my thoughts any better.  The entire week that was the single scene that I was most excited for.  I watched Cersei's delivery of "I choose violence" about a million times to further pump me up.  I could not wait for the Mountain to draw his sword and mess shit up, cut down some sparrows.  After the first death I was like "OK HERE WE GO" and then he freakin goes and stands back next to Cersei.  I was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Incredibly, incredibly disappointed.

It is still the mountains body, he is not any bigger and the mountain was a man albeit a big one. If he actually had to fight all of them they would win, we are talking ten men here.

Grenn and crew were fewer and they took down an actual giant.

The best choice of action would be to tackle him toghether, once on the ground he would be easy to finish of. Of course he would take quite a few of the sparrows with him but I doubt the mountain could take them all if they attacked as a group.

Archived