Umber loyal to the Starks (Spoilers)

youshallnotpass

I have been thinking on this for a while now. 

During the Battle of Bastards at the Start there is rumoured to be known characters burning of the Bolton's crosses. My theory is that one of these Characters is Smalljon. Maybe Ramsey finds out that Smalljon is playing Ramsey and kills him. Ramsey says to Rickon "do you like games little man" maybe Ramsey has worked out what they are planning. 

Furthermore in the trailers for season 6, you see Umber soldiers firing arrows, maybe Ramsey has convinced them to fight for him cause first Winter is Coming and 2nd that Wildlings are marching on Winterfell. Umbers have been fighting Wildlings for ages. 

This is just a theory but what are your thoughts? 

8 hours ago, youshallnotpass said:

I have been thinking on this for a while now. 

During the Battle of Bastards at the Start there is rumoured to be known characters burning of the Bolton's crosses. My theory is that one of these Characters is Smalljon. Maybe Ramsey finds out that Smalljon is playing Ramsey and kills him. Ramsey says to Rickon "do you like games little man" maybe Ramsey has worked out what they are planning. 

Furthermore in the trailers for season 6, you see Umber soldiers firing arrows, maybe Ramsey has convinced them to fight for him cause first Winter is Coming and 2nd that Wildlings are marching on Winterfell. Umbers have been fighting Wildlings for ages. 

This is just a theory but what are your thoughts? 

Unlikely. Since SmallJon was killed at the red wedding. GreatJon is being held as a hostage by the Freys. The remaining Umber forces in the north are split between Hother (who sides with the Boltons) and Mors (who sides with Stannis).

1 hour ago, tugela said:

Unlikely. Since SmallJon was killed at the red wedding. GreatJon is being held as a hostage by the Freys. The remaining Umber forces in the north are split between Hother (who sides with the Boltons) and Mors (who sides with Stannis).

That's in the books. SmallJon is actually in the show, he's the one who handed Rickon and Osha over to Ramsay as a gift.

I don't think so just because the thought of Tormund taking on Smalljon at some point in the battle is inevitable.  Smalljon hates the Wildlings, Tormund is Jon's second in command somewhat, and I'm sure that fight would be interesting to watch.

2 hours ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Karstark is seen behind Ramsay on a horse with other soldiers to his back in the one trailer. It's not him.

I would dare say that riding a horse behind Ramsay one minute doesn't mean you won't be burning on a cross the next.... :P

3 hours ago, MtnLion said:

More likely to see Harald Karstark on a cross.  At some point Jon must cement a relationship with Karstark that he does in the books, by placing Alys on the seat of the house. 

Yes, but in the books the Karstarks were still secretly working with the Boltons. Stannis finds out and has them executed.

18 minutes ago, tugela said:

Yes, but in the books the Karstarks were still secretly working with the Boltons. Stannis finds out and has them executed.

That is why Jon got involved.  Cregan's father, Lord Rickard's uncle Arnolf Karstark, plotted to make his son the Lord of Karhold by forcing Alys to marry Cregan and also declaring for Stannis Baratheon to goad the Iron Throne to execute the rightful heir of Karhold, Alys's brother Harrion.  The Karstarks with Stannis were acting as double agents, and Stannis takes care of that situation.  The overall situation is complex, but Jon fixes it, with the Magnar as groom for Alys.  And, when Cregan arrives at the Wall to claim Alys, he is thrown into an ice cell by Jon Snow.

2 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

If it's not an Umber or Karstark, what other "known" characters are there that Ramsay could get his hands on before the battle? Brienne? Pod? Littlefinger? Sweet Robin? Bronze Yohn Royce?

No clue.

We could have Roose and Osha. (I think not enough remained of poor fat Walda to be hang on the cross), how many burning crosses are there on the trailer?

I think the Umbers and the Karstarks have made their bed. Tormund will kill Small Jon is n the battle and the Karstark crony was all about Ramsay when he killed Roose. Luckily for those houses the Lords will both get killed so they can easily become Stark loyalists after the battle 

On 6/9/2016 at 10:07 AM, Aegonzo The Great said:

If it's not an Umber or Karstark, what other "known" characters are there that Ramsay could get his hands on before the battle? Brienne? Pod? Littlefinger? Sweet Robin? Bronze Yohn Royce?

No clue.

Perhaps Rickon and the remainder of the Night's Watch? Ramsay did plan to attack Castle Black so perhaps he did since we last saw him, took the remaining brothers to Jon, skinned them, hung them on crosses and figured that would piss him off (Jon) something fierce. 

1 hour ago, med1 said:

Perhaps Rickon and the remainder of the Night's Watch? Ramsay did plan to attack Castle Black so perhaps he did since we last saw him, took the remaining brothers to Jon, skinned them, hung them on crosses and figured that would piss him off (Jon) something fierce. 

God, i can see Edd being on one of those crosses now. The Night's Watch story line is pretty much over.

12 minutes ago, Mordos_Kull said:

God, i can see Edd being on one of those crosses now. The Night's Watch story line is pretty much over.

Yeah that is what I am thinking too. They make sense, especially with what Ramsay said earlier in the season and the fact he has no clue where Sansa/Jon are at moment so his first logical stop would have been the wall without a doubt. 

Archived