The 62 men of Bear Island

Ser Rodrik Wyte

Hello all, new member of this fantastic forum here and my first post. Apologies, if this is not in required thread but seems relevant.

I am interested in what we can expect from the 62 Mormont men? We already have it that both Jeor and his son Jorah are highly efficient warriors and tacticians. Lady Lyanna also mentioned that each of her men are equal to 10 mainlanders, so it will be very interesting to see what transpires when the gloves come off.

3 minutes ago, The hand that holds Dawn said:

badassery!

In the books was it the Marmonts that cammo'd up and snuck up on Asha Greyjoy to capture her?  Maybe the 62 will be "special forces"?

No, those were the Hills Clans. The Mormonts did capture or burn the Ironborn ships though. 

14 minutes ago, chasing the dragons said:

Why have the scene if the 62 men aren't going to be a MI-5 or Special Ops type or just some Bad-ass fighters. If not, they could've had a dialogue between Jon & Sansa: "We can't get a lot of men" Yeah, the Mormonts only gave us 62" 

It wast to show the hopelessness of Jon and Sansa's plight.

45 minutes ago, chasing the dragons said:

Why have the scene if the 62 men aren't going to be a MI-5 or Special Ops type or just some Bad-ass fighters. If not, they could've had a dialogue between Jon & Sansa: "We can't get a lot of men" Yeah, the Mormonts only gave us 62" 

For half a hundred reason: 

1. Jon and Sansa are so helplessness they are at the mercy of a kid. 

2. Davos being a good adviser and securing men from a kid like a boss, so there's a reason why he's  Jon's right hand man. 

3. Comic relief 

4. Who doesn't love cheeky and rude kids? (Me, but most people do love them) 

5. Lyanna Mormont was named after Lyanna Stark whose name needs to be kept in the air. Plus badassry runs with the name. (aka. Lyanna wasn't as helpless as to just let any random prince to kidnap her, aka. She run off with Rhaegar - ignore that, it's just my shit) 

6. Davos knows how to connect with kids because of Shireen. The Shireen case is still not closed. 

I honestly don't think the 62 Mormont men will get any special attention, it would make no sense. 

On 9.6.2016 at 2:50 PM, Ser Rodrik Wyte said:

Hello all, new member of this fantastic forum here and my first post. Apologies, if this is not in required thread but seems relevant.

I am interested in what we can expect from the 62 Mormont men? We already have it that both Jeor and his son Jorah are highly efficient warriors and tacticians. Lady Lyanna also mentioned that each of her men are equal to 10 mainlanders, so it will be very interesting to see what transpires when the gloves come off.

If you match the 20 good man of Ramsey against 62 Bear Islanders 42 are to survive. As we all know 42 is the answer for the question to life, the universe and everything. So the Bear Islanders are the key to the whole story.

If you spread the word throughout the internet give me some credit.

On 11.6.2016 at 3:26 PM, Hodor's Aunt said:

If you match the 20 good man of Ramsey against 62 Bear Islanders 42 are to survive. As we all know 42 is the answer for the question to life, the universe and everything. So the Bear Islanders are the key to the whole story.

If you spread the word throughout the internet give me some credit.

LOL. Game of Thrones meets The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Or maybe they'll become 62 badass wights when White Walkers come. How many Sand Snakes is needed to kill that bulk? Maybe even Dany would have to burn them, visualizing Jorahs all the time. :-) 

Archived