Will we visit Casterly Rock in the books and the show?

CasterlyBrick

Although Casterly Rock is mentioned numerous times in the books and the tv series will we ever get to visit it in The Winds of Winters, A Dream of Spring, or the upcoming seasons of Game of Thrones? One of the things I have liked about the books and to a lesser extent the series is how we eventually get to explore all areas of Westeros and Essos. I far as I can remember we have yet to spend time at the Rock or Lannisport.

Welcome to the forum.

In the books, yes.  I believe GRRM has confirmed that.  Probably where Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion end up

The show?  I doubt it, but possible.  The show seems to be able to deal with the stories in the locations they already have

I think a Lannister Family Reunion in ADOS is very likely.  Jaime's dream about the caverns under the Rock, the likelihood of Cersei being driven from King's Landing in TWOW plus the valonqar prophecy, and Tyrion's extensive work on the sewers and desire for revenge all seem to be leading to the three of them ending up in CR at the same time.

And welcome to the forum!

12 hours ago, thehandwipes said:

I think a Lannister Family Reunion in ADOS is very likely.  Jaime's dream about the caverns under the Rock, the likelihood of Cersei being driven from King's Landing in TWOW plus the valonqar prophecy, and Tyrion's extensive work on the sewers and desire for revenge all seem to be leading to the three of them ending up in CR at the same time.

And welcome to the forum!

I fully agree with this for the books.

I think the show will be entirely different though.

Definitely, we will see it through Tyrion's POV when he orders Lannisport's sack and pillage by Dothraki to parallel Tywin's sack of King's Landing and an ultimate "fuck you" to his dad's legacy.

He will also infiltrate Casterly Rock through sewer systems which is very familiar with, possibly with Unsullied who did the same thing in Mereen. Tyrion's cousin, Tyrek, will be Varys' puppet Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West supporting Aegon, so the Imp gotta take him out. 

I do not think either Jaime or Cersei will ever come back home, especially Cersei, who will burn down the capital and Iron Throne with wildfire before she ever lets her enemies take her power, the thing she loves most besides her children.

Archived