Who is Standing Behind the Waif?

Forlong the Fat

5 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

You really need to rewatch that scene because apparently you have no idea what actually happened in it. Meryn Trant let the guards try to take Syrio themselves and Syrio took out every one of them. When Arya ran, it was just Syrio and Trant in the room. As for telling  Cersei, why on earth would he tell anyone that a person they weren't looking for, and didn't care about whatsoever, a person who was only involved in any way because he haappened to be with Arya when they came for her, kicked his ass and evaded capture? Buried the killed guards? The tower of the hand was a blood bath at that point with dead Stark and Lannister guards  littering the floor. 

If you say so. It sounds like the apologist warp drive for bad writing to me. But, alas, people will disagree

11 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

If you say so. It sounds like the apologist warp drive for bad writing to me. But, alas, people will disagree

If you're going to criticize the writing so much it would be helpful if you actually knew what happened. The scene ended with a one on one between Forel and Trant. And the rest of your criticism (Trant should've told Cersei some random guy got away, would have to explain bodies at the scene of a slaughter): just silly. 

11 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

If you're going to criticize the writing so much it would be helpful if you actually knew what happened. The scene ended with a one on one between Forel and Trant. And the rest of your criticism (Trant should've told Cersei some random guy got away, would have to explain bodies at the scene of a slaughter): just silly. 

I'm not going to argue with you. You feel my understanding of that scene is misinformed and I think yours is shallow. We won't resolve this. You won't convince me that syrio got away without anyone noticing he was missing and without any guards or ser Meryn having to account for it because that turns the whole show into an idiotic cartoon. I suppose I won't convince you of my side either because you have your own reasons for wanting to justify this plot. I suggest we part on friendly terms.

41 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

:agree:

Well, I've always secretly hoped that Syrio is alive and will come back one day but at this point, after the *surprise* return of Jon, the return of Benjen and the return of the Hound, the sudden return Syrio would be a bit too much.

4 hours ago, ImNoSer said:

you forgot the part where the scene opens with gendry rowing a boat then slowly zooms out to reveal theres a rope attached to a giant wooden raft thats holding 3000 vale knights and hes towing them to shore. he arrives just as arya, cereal forel, and jaqen hgarden do. Jon snow reunites with arya, then the hound randomly shows up wearing ungregors armor, we think its the mountain then he takes off his helmet and he says "bring me one of those chickens", jon snow passes him a blunt and the credits roll.

I can't help, this post made me laugh out so  hard.  :lmao:

4 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I agree. For one, Syrio was swinging a wooden sword. I don't think he actually kills anyone; so no need to explain anything other than the dancing master stood in our way while she escaped. Syrio is just another person in the way, and not likely someone worth mentioning to Cersei in any depth. The KG dismissed Syrio from the scene. If he leaves, he leaves and nothing is done to him. He stays to protect Arya, and that is the only reason the KG care about him...which is a momentary care. Cersei could care less about the guy, and probably shrugged it off as someone trying to play hero. Besides...she had bigger fish to fry at the moment. 

5 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

It was always strange the way it was left open in the books.  I've always felt Syrio wasn't killed.

Actually, it would make sense to me if Syrio was just the Kindly Man wearing a different face.  If you think about the events, it seems to add up rather well...

Syrio is "killed" in KL towards the end of season 1,

Jaquen is a prisoner from KL who is taking the black, who takes an instant liking to Arya and sets her on the path.

They wouldn't really need to explain that much if Syrio ended up being Jaquen, considering all we've seen from the Faceless Men.

Archived