Match day 1: France v Romania

3 minutes ago, Răzvan Raț said:

And what is it about international tournaments that turns camera operators into such pervs? I wonder if they operate like sniper teams: one shooting and one with binoculars, scoping out the next hot babe.

Which feed are you watching? Mine seems tuned to the coaches (which is a refreshing change) 

It's crazy that Martial can't get into this team. 

Have to feel sorry for Romania. They don't get the ball that often, but they've had the occasional chance at possession since France aren't a particularly careful team in possession, but every time they try to get a little something going Kante's like NOPE SON! and slams the door in their face.

6 minutes ago, Răzvan Raț said:

I'm watching on ITV, but I'd assume all networks are using the same footage - isn't that how it normally works at these things?

Yeah - you're right. I'm reading & watching the game so it's possible I missed the moments where they cut away. 

Wonder how many times Hoddle can start a sentence with 'For me,'

I love how the half time analysis has become 30 seconds of hurrying through a couple of highlights. 

Soon, we will probably be through with that shit, and focus on the important bit - commercials.

6 minutes ago, Hazardous said:

I love how the half time analysis has become 30 seconds of hurrying through a couple of highlights. 

Soon, we will probably be through with that shit, and focus on the important bit - commercials.

As an American, the last thing I am going to complain about in a match is commercials. You soccer fans don't know how good you have it.

Just now, HowdyGareth Bale said:

As an American, the last thing I am going to complain about in a match is commercials. You soccer fans don't know how good you have it.

Yeah, I have no idea how anyone watches the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

All we know it that everything was better in earlier times. 

I have watched a couple of Superbowls, though, so I have got an idea of how bad things can get.

Sensational from Payet. Only he and Kante should feel happy with their performance for the French. I feel for Romania - they probably deserved a point. I thought the player who won the penalty (one of Stancu or Stanciu) had a very good game for them.

Archived