Euro 16 Fantasy League

Starting up a thread for the fantasy league, since we have our own subforum now.

I was really torn between two potential lineups.  Ended up picking the riskier one - hope it pays off. 

Anybody know if we can view each other's teams?  Doesn't seem like its an option from what I can tell, but maybe I'm missing something or they'll open it up later.

I've got Giroud, Payet, and Rami going in today's game.  Wanted Griezmann, but couldn't afford him.

Not yet. They usually allow you from the moment the tournament begins, but hopefully they will later instead.

I went for Patricio; Kaderabek, Lichtsteiner, Srna; Alaba, Modric, Pogba, Özil; Milik, Griezmann and Ronaldo with Heaton, Dier, Renato Sanches and Elvedi on the bench.

Looks like we only overlapped on Ozil and Patricio.

I've got this team -

Sommer, Patricio

R.Rodriguez, Hector, Rose, Rami, Denayer

De Bruyne, Ozil, Payet, Alli, Junuzovic

Muller, Giroud, Pjaca

Toughest decision for me was Pjaca + a stronger midfield or Kane and downgrading a couple of midfielders.  Probably made a mistake in going for the unknown, but I read some stuff about him on a fantasy football site and decided to roll the dice.

Picked my team in a massive rush before kick off. I went for:

Hart, Westwood

Dier, Alderweireld, Pique, Piszczeck, Vrsaljko

Payet, Pogba, Kroos, Calhanoglu, Motta

Giroud, Ronaldo, Nolito

Has everyone gone for Giroud and Payet? Great minds think alike I guess.

I went for Griezmann, and captained him. Not happy.

Hart, Lindner,

Clyne, Denayer, Rodriguez, Cionek, Elvedi

Siggurdson, Hazard, Payet, Ozil, Hoolahan

Griezmann, Kane, Milik

As you can see I didn't really give a fuck about my subs, especially defensively.

3 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

I went for Griezmann, and captained him. Not happy.

Hart, Lindner,

Clyne, Denayer, Rodriguez, Cionek, Elvedi

Siggurdson, Hazard, Payet, Ozil, Hoolahan

Griezmann, Kane, Milik

As you can see I didn't really give a fuck about my subs, especially defensively.

You can still change captains in between matches right?

1 minute ago, Ser Zlatan said:

You can still change captains in between matches right?

Oooh, apparently I can. That's not a rule I'm used to from Prem football, but I'm taking full advantage. Cheers.

Wait, the rules say I can, but I can't see how it's done.

11 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

Oooh, apparently I can. That's not a rule I'm used to from Prem football, but I'm taking full advantage. Cheers.

Wait, the rules say I can, but I can't see how it's done.

Try again in a bit. The site's still updating all the scores and stuff, meaning you can't make substitutions and captain changes etc yet.

Quick question about captain changes: if I were to change my captain (Giroud) now, I will lose his captain bonus points. However, say my new captain fails to make an impression today and I make Giroud my captain once again after the matches of today. Will I get back his bonus points?

Sidenote: TOP OF THE LEAGUE :D

11 minutes ago, Ser Zlatan said:

Quick question about captain changes: if I were to change my captain (Giroud) now, I will lose his captain bonus points. However, say my new captain fails to make an impression today and I make Giroud my captain once again after the matches of today. Will I get back his bonus points?

No. As I understand it, you can only change your captain to a player who hasn't played yet.

Aye, you can only change your captain to another player or substitute in a player off the bench, if that person has not yet played.

However, in this first round of games we get a chance to change (c) 5 times (assuming you have someone playing every day.

For the Record, I am on:

Sommer / Patricio

Hector / Alba / Kosceiilny / Dragovic / Strinic

Payet / Dzemalli / Ozil / Mario / Alaba

Giroud / Muller / Morata

Archived