Euro 16 Fantasy League

Sitting in 2nd place after 2 rounds, but not feeling great about this last set of matches.  Used my wildcard after the first games, because I wasn't happy with some of my initial choices.  Totally forgot that the best teams might end up resting some of their stars in the 3rd game - should have saved it to guard against that.

Ended up using my 2 free transfers to move out my Italian players, since they are locked into their spot and I figured they would be the most likely to sit out.  Was hoping I'd be okay with Payet + Giroud, but no luck - both of them on the bench for France today.  Was very close to biting the bullet and switching them to Coman + Griezmann, but just couldn't get myself to pay the 8 points - doing that felt too risky.  Going to have to hope that all of my other guys play this round, since those two will definitely end up getting me zeroes. 

I got rid of Giroud and Payet for my two free transfers (made the same call as you on the wildcard), but they might come on late when the game is opening up.

Look at how both Vardy and Sturridge came off the bench to score plenty of points.

34 minutes ago, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

I got rid of Giroud and Payet for my two free transfers (made the same call as you on the wildcard), but they might come on late when the game is opening up.

Look at how both Vardy and Sturridge came off the bench to score plenty of points.

You were right about Payet.  So close on that shot.  Would have been another awesome goal for him.

I'm really not focusing on this, almost missing the transfer deadline for game day 3.

This format of the competition (tournament, not the league) just doesn't sit well with me. I can't put my finger on the reason for it, but it just feels off.

Part of it might be that I am not doing well. My initial squad selection was rushed and flawed, and my transfers haven't helped either. Over the course of the season, I'd tweak that a bit here and a bit there and manage to get it right after a while. Tournament just doesn't last long enough for me to do that. :D

18 hours ago, Sir Whiskey Jack Wilshere said:

You were right about Payet.  So close on that shot.  Would have been another awesome goal for him.

He is an absolute joy to watch, and I'm very envious of West Ham. That shot would have been goal of the tournament. Deserved a better fate.

After a very good first matchday, every round I've scored fewer points, so I'm hoping I can turn that around with my new squad. Still in front though :)

New team:

Sommer / Neuer

Boateng / Dier / Koscielny / Meunier / Smalling

De Bruyne / Payet / Kanté / Kroos / Iniesta

Bale / Lukaku / Morata

Goalkeepers combined have conceded one goal (Sommer vs Romania, which was a penalty). Forwards have scored eight goals among the three of them, so if their form is any indication, I should do well in the knockout stages.

Archived