Arya's Endgame?

Pandean

What do you guys speculate Arya's endgame to be?

Personally, I think she will be surviving this season--I feel like it would almost be weirdly cheap if she did not--and perhaps she will survive the series, but she will never really be inducted back into "proper" Westerosi society at any point.

Arya has never been in sync with how Westerosi society views women and so I don't think that it's that unreasonable given all she's been through that if she survives she will continue having a more fighting/soldier like life. Not just because of her personality before, but because of all she's been through. Arya is not like Sansa who has that type of quiet strength, Arya is more emotionally volatile for better or worse and I can't picture her bottling all that up and becoming a Lady--not even Queen in the North or anything. At best, I feel like she'd be like Brienne.

Otherwise, I'm not sure exactly how she'll end up. She's always been hard to pin for me and her storyline has been harder to track due to certain questions (why was Jaqen in the Black Cells, etc.)

In regards to the other living Starks, I think Rickon may die because he's never been super important, Bran is likely to become the next 3ER and Sansa might become Lady of Winterfell or QinT or something. Jon might become KitN but might leave to go to Dany's side...

Just thoughts, mainly on Arya's endgame. I've never seen her going back and fitting into regular society. There are only a select few people who go through that type of stuff and can mesh back into such a structured society. I don't think Arya is one, and it's not a bad thing. Just a trait.

Arya will survive this season and hopefully the series, otherwise her direwolf's named would have been 'shaggydog'.

Not sure where her storyline will lead her to.. If she can change her face to a White Walker, do you think the other WWs will notice? That will be a fast & cheap ending. So I suspect her storyline will not connect to Jon's that soon.

Seems likely that she will end up at KL, dealing with the Lannisters, playing a major part in Cersei's demise.

She's gonna join Nymeria and live with her pack in the Riverlands.

On a more serious note, though, I too always thought Arya would have a hard time fitting into westerosi society as an adult. And that was before Ned was made shorter by a head. Now it's not just a matter of her personality. The things she's seen and everything she's been through will probably leave her very scarred. It's hard to tell in the show since we don't have the ideal perspective, but in the books I think she's way past the point of no return.

2 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

She's gonna join Nymeria and live with her pack in the Riverlands.

On a more serious note, though, I too always thought Arya would have a hard time fitting into westerosi society as an adult. And that was before Ned was made shorter by a head. Now it's not just a matter of her personality. The things she's seen and everything she's been through will probably leave her very scarred. It's hard to tell in the show since we don't have the ideal perspective, but in the books I think she's way past the point of no return.

Exactly. 

And I mean all the Stark kids have seen and done some awful things. But each person handles that type of trauma differently.

Arya is slightly unstable after everything.

I hate to say it, but I think Arya's destiny is to die by the end. She has slowly become an agent of death, and Death comes for his own in the end. She prays to death (her names she speaks every night). She is working for the many-faced god, who reminds me of the Stranger from the Seven, who represents death and the afterlife. The Stranger has no face, or is all faces, i.e. is no one. Get it? Once all her prayers are answered, death will come for Arya, and the debt will be paid.

I think she will make it back to Westeros some day, but there is no indication in the show that she will reunite with Nymeria. Without that, I don't know what she will do there.

Arya will become noone e will go back to westeros on a mission to assassinate the new king of North Jon Snow. She will fail and Jon, unable to recognize her, will just stab her heart with longclaw. 

3 hours ago, BloodWood said:

I hate to say it, but I think Arya's destiny is to die by the end.

Not a very impressive prediction given that that’s everybody’s destiny in the end.

Well, except for Bran’s; in the fullness of time the Last Greenseer goes up into the immortal weirwoods and lives forever.

But everybody else dies.

Arya will survive, otherwise George will be filing for divorce. He can upset fans, because he can delete emails, ignore chants, etc, but he cannot ignore or avoid his wife on a daily basis after killing Arya.

But I think she eventually tells the FM to piss off and heads home. 

19 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Arya will survive, otherwise George will be filing for divorce. He can upset fans, because he can delete emails, ignore chants, etc, but he cannot ignore or avoid his wife on a daily basis after killing Arya.

But I think she eventually tells the FM to piss off and heads home. 

In around 28 hours, I wager.

I haven't liked Stark girls since the beginning. But considering the fact that Martin's second favourite character is Arya and Benioff's favourite character is Sansa, I believe they will have an important role in the end.

I haven't read the books but I seriously think Arya won't die in this story. All Starks will eventually die but ironically the one who tried to be no one will remain. If there was a bet for that I would bet a lot.

18 minutes ago, Marada78 said:

She has to die to fullfill her role as nissa nissa. On the other hand I would like to see her on a story arc to retrieve both halves of Ice to reforge her father sword.

How is her role Nissa Nissa?

A lot of people are assuming that the current Westerosi society will remain after the end game. I do not. After all the destruction things will definitely change. The majority of women that are remaining and will remain are women of power. I think this will be the new trend going forward. In the show Arya will be in the North. Quite possibly as Queen. She definitely exhibits the qualities that a Northern Queen or Lady would have...  If not Queen she'll definitely remain connected to the North. If not the North, I could see the show bringing Gendry back and making them Lord and Lady of Storm's End...  In the books, I would not put it past George to stick with his initial outline and maybe have Arya and Jon as Queen and King in the North if they both survive. If they both die, they'll live on in Ghost and Nymeria and lead a gigantic Wolfpack as Alpha male and female. 

34 minutes ago, Pandean said:

How is her role Nissa Nissa?

Many think Jon will have to sacrifice her (his true love, familial in this sense) as Azor Azai did Nissa Nissa to forge/ignite Lightbringer.  I for one think Dany already fulfilled this prophecy with Drogo and Rhaego when she birthed her dragons (Lightbringer)...

1 hour ago, permaximum said:

I haven't liked Stark girls since the beginning. But considering the fact that Martin's second favourite character is Arya and Benioff's favourite character is Sansa, I believe they will have an important role in the end.

I haven't read the books but I seriously think Arya won't die in this story. All Starks will eventually die but ironically the one who tried to be no one will remain. If there was a bet for that I would bet a lot.

I bet that Jon, Bran and Sansa will be alive when it's all said and done. Martin won't kill all the Starks. Jon will be crowned king by the people and will do his duty, Bran will be Lord of Winterfell and Sansa will marry an important southron. No idea of Arya's trajectory.

Arya and Brienne will join forces and do whatever the frack they want to do.  Brienne has a lot to teach Arya, and Arya can teach Brienne a lot in return.

Yah, yah, I know -- total fantasy.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

In around 28 hours, I wager.

The countdown begins! :D 

OT: Arya is perfectly capable of hiding her emotions otherwise she wouldn't have survived Harrenhal. And I agree with one of the posters above about the Westerosi society not remaining the same after what will become of Westeros, in fact The Long Night 2.0 will officially give women warriors time to shine! :) 

Archived