Match day 2: Albania vs Switzerland, Wales vs Slovakia, England vs Russia

Three times as many matches as yesterday, so three times as much fun!

Albania play their first Euro match ever at 15:00 (local time), against a Swiss team starringĀ Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka.

The second match of the day, at 18:00, marks two other Euro debuts: Wales vs Slovakia. Ā Can Gareth Bale make the difference?

And at 21:00, the match many of you have been waiting for:Ā England takes on Russia. After winning all 10 qualification matches, the pressure on the talentedĀ but young and inexperiencedĀ English squad is high. Will they be able to defeat the tough and experienced Russians?

The mighty Swiss, aided by the fact that most of their best players play for us, will smear poor pathetic Albania all over Lens!

Interesting side-story here in the Xhaka brothers, who will line up one on each side- although I'm not sure Taluant is a regular starter.

1 hour ago, Ser Zlatan said:

Ā 

The second match of the day, at 18:00, marks two other Euro debuts: Wales vs Slovakia. Ā Can Gareth Bale make the difference?

Ā 

Bydd y Gareth Bale nerthol dery garfan Slofacia ganddo ef ei hun , a bydd Dreigiau rhuo yn ei fuddugoliaeth !!!

Ā 

Translation

The mighty Gareth Bale will smite the Slovakian squad by himself, and Dragons will roar in his victory !!!

4 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

So... As a supporter of Wales, am I supposed to be rooting for a 0-0 draw in the England/Russia match in the late game?

I think seeing England lose is preferable to most of the Welsh. No doubt they'd be happy with a 0-0 draw though.

Must say that I have been impressed with what I've seen of Albania. The look to be a well organised side and even after going down to ten men, they applied themselves very well, managed to maintain their shape and created a few good goalscoring opportunities. Albania will be disappointed not to get something out of this game after squandering two gilt edged one-on-ones with the GK. At this level, at least one of those has to go in. Overall though, the Swiss were the better side and worth the victory.

I've also been a bit surprised at how open both games have been. I was expecting cagey affairs but both matches have had plenty of attacking play and have been great to watch. Long may it continue.

Archived