[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

This entire season has been one ruined orgasm after another. I'm getting tired of it. I'm still holding out hope for the next two episodes but the plot is so screwed up now I'm nervous. John Snow and Tyrion have been completely gutted this season and it's beyond depressing. Are they now mere props for their female co-stars Sansa and Dani? This has also been a GoT style firing squad of past characters we wondered about. Ohh look they're back! One or two episodes later, meaningless death.

I could go on but what's the point? We have two more episodes left this year and then a long time to worry about season 7 and 8's quality.

That moment you think of how to make a scene better from last week.

Jon Snow approaches Lady Mormont..

Jon Snow draws Longclaw and kneels.

Longclaw has been in your family for generations. Your father entrusted me with it as his steward. I led the search for his murderers and brought them to justice. I used Longclaw to defend the realm of men from the White walkers, using the blade to defeat one in battle.

I've seen what is coming Lady Mormont. As did your father. There is no time for the living to squabble while the dead rise.

Etc etc etc

Oh what could have been.

2 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Longclaw has been in your family for generations. Your father entrusted me with it as his steward. I led the search for his murderers and brought them to justice. I used Longclaw to defend the realm of men from the White walkers, using the blade to defeat one in battle.

I've seen what is coming Lady Mormont. As did your father. There is no time for the living to squabble while the dead rise.

Etc etc etc

Oh what could have been.

Exactly what I thought. I bet the writers didn't even remember Longclaw and the Old Bear (who is not Lady Mormont´s father, but grandfather), though.

3 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

Am I a Hipster for being critical of the show before criticizing the show became cool?

Not as hipster as me.  I started this thread in season 2 :D

41 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Etc etc etc

Oh what could have been.

Nah, not as good as Lady B's "I Am A Stark... I did what I had to to!"

49 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

The night's king will not stand a chance if the waif crosses his path

Well losing a face won't keep a Terminator down. Better watch your back, Ms. Not-No-One Arya Stark of Winterfell. 

I've really enjoyed all of the Terminator references for Arya vs The Waif, and they definitely have merit. But to me, the whole sequence felt way more like a cheesy 80s slasher flick:

• Despite being hunted by a dangerous killer, the Final Girl goes to a party for a walk in the woods into the creepy abandoned building on stroll through crowded city streets in broad daylight and isn't even on guard.
  • The killer pops out and attacks Final Girl but she narrowly escapes. Killer somehow fails to strike a death blow despite having perfect opportunity.
  • Final Girl finds refuge with kind protector who is swiftly and viciously dispatched for their trouble. (Lady Crane's death scene hits several slasher movie musts - "Behind you! He's right behind you!", investigating a strange noise and the heroine stumbling across the mangled corpse of one of the killer's victims (usually a friend).)
  • Final Girl escapes again and is miraculously still able to run despite injuries. (Arya's leap from the window reminded me of Sydney's jump onto a covered speedboat in Scream, which fazed her for all of two seconds before she was up and running. I almost expected Ghostface to be looking down from the window, slamming his knife on the ledge in frustration.)
  • Chase scene where killer just keeps coming and no one stops to help or even notices Final Girl in distress. (The Waif was full on Jason Vorhees with her steady pace while her hapless victim can't stop tripping and looking back. If only she had a machete.) 
  • Final Girl wins showdown with killer despite all odds, reason or sense. 

2 hours ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Etc etc etc

Oh what could have been.

Its so sad how easy it is to fix a big show's scenes

3 hours ago, 43ry5274rg4ry3n said:

The only thing missed there was some audience laughter sound effect!

Last episode was trashy. I might rather that the show becomes self aware about its self parody and taking it to the max. I'm talking bringing Arnold Schwarzenegger in this shit as Azor Ahai come again! 

Bring in Robert Patrick as the Great Other even, the White Walkers are practically Skynet anyway. Maybe Jon Snow's mother was a Connor. Anything is possible at this stage lol.

On 15/06/2016 at 5:31 PM, Mindwalker said:

IMHO, Dinklage hasn't been very good ever since the overacted trial speech scene. I know I'm in a minority on this, but I think he is overrated. Not bad, but not all that good, either. Really good, I feel, are Alfie Allen, Maisie (most of the time)), and many of the lesser characters (in fact, I think Menzies was great; also Lady Crane, and many others in the past, like Kari; in the past: Tywin, of course, and Oberyn.) I think Finn has done a very good job with what he has been given. But overall, yes, I think the cast is not outstanding as, say, the cast of Six Feet Under was.

I think the cast is generally very good, but with certain actors their hands are tied in terms of their characters. At last year's comic con Finn was a guest and said he really tried to play Loras as the character from the books but you can't change the script. The same is true of many of the actors, I think. Other examples of great actors with poor characterisation and writing would probably be Littlefinger and Stannis.
I think that Kitt and Emilia are the weakest links in the cast, which is a shame because the characters around Dany and Jon (Davos, Mel, Stannis, Ser Barristan, Jorah) are all so strong.

I am very critical of the show, but I am always blown away by the costumes, scenery and the overall standard of the acting.

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Arya'sSanctuary said:

Larry the Lannister! Noble and, let us not forget, a real looker!

When I read this I picture Tyrion as Leisure Suit Larry.  That is basically what the writing turned him into.  All that crap about Lady Crane complaining about the writing of her troupe is really the writers admitting they are sucking ass.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think the cast is generally very good, but with certain actors their hands are tied in terms of their characters. At last year's comic con Finn was a guest and said he really tried to play Loras as the character from the books but you can't change the script. The same is true of many of the actors, I think. Other examples of great actors with poor characterisation and writing would probably be Littlefinger and Stannis.
I think that Kitt and Emilia are the weakest links in the cast, which is a shame because the characters around Dany and Jon (Davos, Mel, Stannis, Ser Barristan, Jorah) are all so strong.

I am very critical of the show, but I am always blown away by the costumes, scenery and the overall standard of the acting.

Clarke and Harrington are the worst, obviously, because they were taken straight out of drama school.  It probably had a lot to do with budgetary reasons and they thought they could get away with it and the actors would grow into it with coaching, but it's not working.  Harrington is a little better, Clarke hasn't improved at all.  Clarke is also completely awful out of GoT, so it's not just a dialogue thing.  The other minor characters like Barriston and Jorah have tried to carry her in their scenes, but they're so out of her league that they just can't.  

I feel like the casting of Dany and Jon is not where you want to be cheap with your budget....what were they thinking??  A show this big should not have just very good actors, but AMAZING actors.  The fact that they have poor ones as main characters is mind-blowing.  I think Clarke was nominated for an Emmy or something, which is just so silly, but not really surprised considering how award shows are.  I think Lady Gaga won an Emmy or Golden Globe this past year!  lol.  Even AHS fans were shocked.

Gillen is a great actor, but I don't think he seems very good at all in GoT.  If I had never seen him before I would think this guy is talentless. And man, I loved him in The Wire.  

I feel kind of bad for Finn, because from what I can remember he was always very pro-book Loras.  

On 13. 6. 2016 at 4:36 AM, SerMixalot said:
13 hours ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I am happy to meet kindred spirit  :cheers: 

And don't worry, in show it wasn't even Bloodraven. They always reffered to him as Three Eyed Crow. He was just weird old man in tree. They didn't even bothered to make him one-eyed. Heh. Actually i don't know any person besides Beric who has one eye in show. Even Euron Crow's Eye have two eyes cause eyepatch is too mainstream for Dumb, Dumber and Cogman. Better give Euron some fucking funny cock jokes, it is always funny, right? :bang:

Oh, how I envy you both, that your favourite characters are not included in the show, because D&D took my favourite Euron and stuck their finger up his ass.

Just a little thing:

Ramsay's hounds are clearly trained to not attack him as we could for example see when dogs attacked walda and his lil bro. So if he really is going to be eaten by his own dogs in next episode, that would have no sense.

11 hours ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Oh right grandfather.

Long claw their freaking ancestral sword is right on Jon's hip.

Pledge it back to the house.

Heck seeing you're a bastard pledge yourself to her house if the NW means shjt anyway.

I think he's actually her uncle. The brother of her mother, Maege Mormont, who became Lady of Bear Island after Jorah fled into exile in disgrace rather than be executed by Ned. With Jeor in the Night's Watch and Jorah childless, the lordship went to Maege and then her daughters.

5 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Just a little thing:

Ramsay's hounds are clearly trained to not attack him as we could for example see when dogs attacked walda and his lil bro. So if he really is going to be eaten by his own dogs in next episode, that would have no sense.

Sense? Like it's ever stopped them before...

Archived