[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

29 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Am I the only one thinking Blackfish is alive?

There was a third person in that boat - he was rowing it while Brienne was busy waving back at Larry Wavyhand.

Oh well. maybe I should just start wearing my glasses more often :blink:

AAaahhhhhhh -  I have to correct myself.

I just rewatched it (which is like slooooooooow torture) and there really is no third person on that boat, just Pod rowing & Brienne waving.

Seeing Brynden Tully was apparently pure wishful thinking.:crying::crying::crying:

WTF!?! THEY really KILLED OFF the BLACKFISH?!?!

What is wrong with these people?!?!?!

47 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Didn't he just? I mean, if Cersei is guilty of incest, then that kind of puts him in an awkward position.

It's as if the people writing this show have forgotten some key plot details. "My mom's up for trial for incest and if she's proved guilty then I'll be deposed? Hm, I guess we SHOULD get rid of trial by combat, the only fair chance she has at winning this rigged trial."

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

WHAT!?!?!Not just a cock joke? But actual male genitalia?

And I missed it?:huh:

Actual male genitals! It's like they thought, we need to establish that Sandor has a penis in this scene. That will be important for later...

45 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I can.  I knew as soon as I saw the spoiler that yes, they would do that.

This is the season of bringing back great characters and then killing them off in less than 5 minutes of screentime.

Jeez, remember Osha? I forgot about her already. Awful work.

So.... This episode happened...

I could barely watch the Arya scene, with the assassins terminator style relentless chasing except when she would stop for dramatic stare-downs and to run and jump on roofs for no reason. Quite cringe-worthy, lacking any dramatic tension or logic. Big waste. Like someone mentioned earlier, it is as if the world has done a hard reset from season 5 and is a completely different story with different characters, only sharing the same names.

And we only have 2 episodes left this season? What an anti-climactic episode. The only redeeming thing was watching the producers BS their way through the inside the episode. LOL.

Much of this is repeated, and I generally have given show room to find itself post GRRM. But:

1. In KL I'd think Kevin et al would realize what would happen if it comes out that King Tom isn't the son of the King and not have let him announce the end of Trial by combat.

2. As others have brought up, by trying to use Tyrion to round out M & GW via small talk banter they make him more and more into a caricature of himself. Tonight was more of the same. It's like waiting for JJ to say Dy-no-mite!.

Why Mareen wouldn't have spies in the other cities to monitor their fleet/army movements is absurd. Wouldn't it have been better for them to see it coming and prepare with the time Tyrion bought similar to Blackwater rather then attempting a vapid circle jerk of humor? Perhaps take a page from the Wildfire at Blackwater, they could've released the 2 Dragon's in the basement?

3. Last week's Arya v Waif damaged this week's resolution. One must suspend disbelief and basically make up their own narrative of how the Waif wounded Arya last week to make this week more palatable. Arya has never been that foolish. It would have been better if Arya purposely lured the Waif to the dark cave direct from a confrontation last week. I have a hard time believing Lady Crane didn't know the dangers of aiding a target of the FM. FM are hardly unheard of.

That said, Arya going to the FM and learning the meaning of "know thyself" is a fine conclusion and I don't think the FM would have an issue if she's honest w/herself and them finally about who a girl is. The last 2 weeks have been a letdown though.

4. I liked the Hound Bw/oB and was relieved they didn't drag it out into next season w/the Hound tracking down the bad Bw/oB. One of the few characters who haven't regressed to idiocy (see last week's Arya, King's advisors, Tyrion banter) in order to service writers getting from point A to B.

5. a. Riverrun actually made some sense. Jaime bartered for time and Lord Nephew bartered for lives. Most of the others would've understood the waste of a drawn out siege. Blackfish couldn't stomach the reality of Frey rule and went out on his terms.
b. The exception is Brienne. Other than removing her from Sansa's side not much point to her travels. Perhaps she'll let Sansa know how LF forgot to mention the siege.

All in all I still like the show, but it is a bit disappointing that they're taking a page out of the Soap Opera school of re-writing/dumbing down characters to justify plot developments.

Waaaaay OT: Penny Dreadful has been disappointing this season. Aburd plot dressed up in 19th century literature, or dialogue meant to sound that way. Some decent reveal of the past, but at the expense of eye-rolling present.

That entire final scene with the Waif was pure shit. I mean we got a ripoff of Aliens a few weeks ago when Hodor died, and I mean rip off (not tribute), now tonight we get a ripoff of Terminator. Suddenly she's the T1000? I thought the Faceless Men were supposed to be subtle in their craft. I cannot imagine whoever is in charge of their little guild would be happy with an assassination attempt playing out into a high-speed chase through the city streets. For numerous reasons. One of those reasons being that the assassin will probably get ganked because he/she lost control of the situation.

After Arya jumped from the window, a good assassin might hide its face and try again later. I mean, it found Arya every other time it tried. So friggin' stupid. This show just makes me think of other better movies.

6 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

It's as if the people writing this show have forgotten some key plot details. "My mom's up for trial for incest and if she's proved guilty then I'll be deposed? Hm, I guess we SHOULD get rid of trial by combat, the only fair chance she has at winning this rigged trial."

In the 'Inside the Episode', Benioff is talking about Tommen being smart by taking away Cersei's chances through eliminating trial by combat. So apparently Cersei losing and being found guilty of incest is in Tommens interests... Keeping up with their own logic and established universe isn't one of their strong points lol

44 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

You all realize that hound pissing in the river was pissing on the idea of Uncat right? 

D and D apparently can be metaphorical after all.

Definitely, because:

"....creatively it made sense to us - because we wanted it to happen" (the great and wise and creative Benioff)

"Tommen may be a weak king but he is not an idiot"

Cersei is on trial for incest with Jaime while she was married to Robert

If found guilty she will be killed as will Tommen

You wrote this Benioff YOU DID

Don't forget the Busbey Berkeley choreography rolls where I think she she hit every fruit basket on the way down.

Gad to see I was not reaching when the Terminator resemblance hit me too tonight. It made the atmosphere/time period become off.

The wounds opening again and how dirty water infiltrating the deep slash/stab wounds, that were bad enough on their own, that somehow Matrixed their way to bypass even nicking vital organs, get healed after bed rest, milk of the poppy, and soup. Maybe the Hound is onto something with the magic of chicken, if that's the kind of soup?

I can only suspend belief so far...

But to be honest, Arya's exit with Needle was awesome. That was a gift, a bone thrown. I doubt it is that cool and cut and dry in the books. I just enjoyed it as a fist pump second.

Archived