[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I am Laughing My Ass Off about Arya.

Oh no!  It wasn't what it seemed.  That cannot be! Oh yeah of little faith, it will be a super cool twist, Bobcut is Arya is Jaqen is the actress or just Arya or some shit.  It will be cool.

Or not.  It will be exactly as stupid at it looked.  Even stupider, I grant, than I had thought it would be.  

I wonder though, since the many potential angles that people were theorizing about got a lot of play among critics/blogs etc. there won't be some backlash at everyone who bought into the always dangerous 'there is more here than you think" idea and are disappointed.

Yea it was an impossibly stupid sequence. All of Arya's Braavos stuff has offended my sensibilities 

Just now, Cas Stark said:

The show sucks.

We can say officially, that finally Arya's story also partook of the GOT poison and officially not one story in the show make sense.  There is brutal, soul destroying stupidity everywhere you look.  There is no getting away from it, it's like a virus.

The theater troop scenes with Lady Crane & Arya is the writer's way of acknowledging that the "writing sucks" to the audience. 

What can they do? They probably have Hollywood managers breathing down their throats making sure this "tests" well with the general public, HBO audience.

Siege Lesson #1: Don't trust a Lord who has been captive for years.

6 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

You all realize that hound pissing in the river was pissing on the idea of Uncat right? 

D and D apparently can be metaphorical after all.

Oh my god you're totally right they would so do that

4 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Also also also also..

Besides pissing on Uncat ideas..

Winterfell has no winter in any previews..

There was more snow on the ground for Stannis battle than this one.

Hahahahahahahaaha

Hepppa derpp muh snuh and RamRam is all that matters

1 minute ago, Winter Is Overdue said:

Dammit, I forgot that Stannis died sort of offscreen too. All we saw was Brienne swinging the sword.

If a Rogue Brother gets an ax to his parts in one shot, then the Blackfish deserved a good onscreen death. So did Stannis. I feel ripped off.

They got criticized for the fight scene Barristan was unfortunately part of. They didn't want the Blackfish to go out like that, it would have looked ridiculous. 

Confirmed: Blackfish's plot ran out in the show, status DEAD.

I'd have rather seen a brief Blackfish death scene if they were intent on killing him off. Didn't even need to be anything major or outdrawn, just him offing a few Frey soldiers until one killed him.

And Arya's stuff felt a bit ridiculous: casually recovering from a number of stab wounds, as well as Waif failing to actually kill her the first time when that was quite clearly her intention. It also kind of feels like all the Lady Crane and co stuff was wasted: the little shows were nice and all, and showed a commoner perspective, but ultimately served little purpose to the plot.

I'm sorry but this KL nonsense is by far the worst part of this episode.

If we are to accept what has been shown, Tommen, on the advice of the High Sparrow is outlawing Trial by Combat and forcing Cersei to do a trial by the Faith-obviously a stacked deck which she will be set up to lose.

What are people's motivations??

Ok, let's accept that Tommen sincerely believes he is a Baratheon.  Perhaps he is being lead around by Margery or the High Sparrow.

But think about the ramifications if Cersei loses her trial-which mind you is for having sex with Jaime and thus making her children bastards by incest.

THIS IS IN THE SHOW

If she is found guilty-she dies, Tommen is kicked off the throne, disenfranchising Margery as Queen and the High Sparrow loses his influence with the throne.  Not one of the players SHOULD want Cersei to be found guilty, cause if they do THEY ALL FALL.  All of these people, Tommen, Margery, HS, Kevan Lannister, Pycelle ALL hold power based on the legitimacy of Tommen's right to rule. 

Why would ANY of them push for Cersei to be found guilty? It would condemn them all.

This is incredibly bad writing.

Why bring him back if he's killed off screen?  There was nothing important that went on.  Nobody who hasn't read the books ever knows about the siege of RR.  So why do it?  

Other people have said the same, but the answer is, they cannot write the show without the books as their guide, and they do not have the ability or the patience that is needed to create original stories that make any sense.

That they could fuck up Arya leaving the FM to the extent they did, shows how bad they are.

So, they went back to the books, and retconned all kinds of crazy ass stuff this year so that their final 1.5 season will basically be "the end" as told to them by GRRM.  They

Archived